Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Ok, here is another take on Sub Zero's Freeze and Freeze Hit sounds. I think this one is really good, personally. It does all that the original does just with added realism and quality.

I'd like to get this one done so I can move forward to another sound. Let me know what you guys think.

Original Sounds: http://www.mediafire.com/?2rmd0w2pfdxf38r

Updated Sounds: http://www.mediafire.com/?dxniclgcniawjfc

Also, here is the jump flip. I haven't heard much about it and would like to call it "done" as well.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7qvp3bff7rzpe9h

Last edited:
Sounds good, I'd move on to the next effect, enough time has been spent on this one.

I'm having trouble getting the mirrored animations to blend, it's just not looking smooth. I have to get rid of the large creases from the Loin cloth, and update the normal map on the model.

Suggestion to other modelers, avoid putting large asymmetry on the center line of your model.

For Badmouse, likeness is one of the hardest things to do. There are some things that I find helpful, like checking anatomy reference and sculpting an Ecorche of the head. Some times, I'll do a few sketches of the model.

I would check anatomy mainly, bone and muscle structure.

Don't work on too high poly when the lower sub division is not ready. Some people go straight to high, but usually the way to go is Low levels first then move up slowly, adding finer and finer detail.

Last edited:
@Mortal Gojira : I really love your work man! Too badass! And I really like this guy, he always obey some suggestions. .

@Jarvis: Good lighting there! But, I think it's cooler if the lighting is a little bit Blue-ish . .

thanks everyone :)

About Raiden face i guess the best option is modify the Daniel Pesina Head that Bleed Sculped so y will work in the the low geometry of the cloths. Hands can be same to scorpion.

about Goro's Lair i will change this :

1. Blood color
2. a bit of Moon light
3. dirty skeletons

EDIT :

calactyte, i need the left gate for Warrior Shrine.

Thank you Mr. Tremor. Appreciate that.

Here is an update for the head. Taking a break for now, but wanted some feedback on the color test and detail I did:

goro10.jpg

Off the bat, I know I'll need more blemishes and scarring. I'm thinking I'll look up reptiles for reference on that, since he is supposed to be a dragon

Here is an update for the head. Taking a break for now, but wanted some feedback on the color test and detail I did:

goro10.jpg

It's looking really cool. Whenever you get back to it just pull in the lip wrinkles (maybe), but definitely add in some variation on those wrinkles... just a bit. Right now its looking uniform, but I know it's a work in progress. The coloring is very good, maybe save that file as a base then save another one for more layers of paint. IMO the base coloring is complete.

edit: Hah, looks like you already addressed the blemishes and scarring. I'll most likely write another critique in a day or two on that pic unless it's updated to see if I notice anything else. But its turning out great.
edit: maybe... just maybe the jaw can be more angled.

Last edited:

goro10.jpg

No problem Mortal_Gojira! :D By the Way! Your Goro f*cking rocks! It is better than the previous MK games . . And I must to admit that the face really close looking the original, and I think maybe you should darken the red eyes a little bit, and it'll a masterpiece ! !

I don't have anything to critique really, just keep going because it's looking awesome.

The spear sounds great IMO.

@tremor Thank you sir. The eyes do need more pop, so darkening should help. Maybe give him some pupils or something? Basically make it more interesting. Will work on that asap. Again, thanks.

ha, that was cool. at first I thought the whole thing was the complete sound fx and was trying to piece it together in my head with not so good results. Then I read you included both old and new. I dumb. Anyways, very nice man, like it a lot.

Goro is looking fantastic. I'm truly impressed.

Same goes for your work Bleed. I don't think I've said it yet but your stuff is just brilliant. Inspirational sir!

And thanks for giving the Spear a listen, Bleed. Glad you liked it. If anyone else cares to offer a critique feel free. I see that it's had SEVERAL downloads. :p

Also, Bleed, would you mind much sending me a Hi Res screen pic of your Scorpion? I'm kinda wanting to make a wallpaper with him. Only if it's not too much trouble. :D

Oh, and thanks Gojira for the critique!

Hi Badmouse,

Check your PM. It's a big file, so please wait until an hour from now for it to be uploaded.

thanks everyone :)

About Raiden face i guess the best option is modify the Daniel Pesina Head that Bleed Sculped so y will work in the the low geometry of the cloths. Hands can be same to scorpion.

about Goro's Lair i will change this :

1. Blood color
2. a bit of Moon light
3. dirty skeletons

EDIT :

calactyte, i need the left gate for Warrior Shrine.

@tremor Thank you sir. The eyes do need more pop, so darkening should help. Maybe give him some pupils or something? Basically make it more interesting. Will work on that asap. Again, thanks.

The eyes are great, but it's the eye color is so plain and odd looking, maybe some you're right on putting a pupil. .

Hi Mortal,

Don't give him pupils! That humanizes him. His eyes look black in the original game,...black and souless.

Scorpion spear needs work. It doesn't sound close to the original to me Justin. The Ice sound is spot on now. Same with the flip. But the spear doesn't sound right to me. Unfortunately I lack the auditory lingo to properly tell you what's wrong about it.

Goro is looking fantastic. I'm truly impressed.

Same goes for your work Bleed. I don't think I've said it yet but your stuff is just brilliant. Inspirational sir!

And thanks for giving the Spear a listen, Bleed. Glad you liked it. If anyone else cares to offer a critique feel free. I see that it's had SEVERAL downloads. :p

Also, Bleed, would you mind much sending me a Hi Res screen pic of your Scorpion? I'm kinda wanting to make a wallpaper with him. Only if it's not too much trouble. :D

Oh, and thanks Gojira for the critique!

Hi Mortal,

Don't give him pupils! That humanizes him. His eyes look black in the original game,...black and souless.

Not much really a pupil of human . . It's more like his eyes in the Digital art of Shaolin Monks, where he have a bright red-ish pupil . . Uhm, black eyes will do!