Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

here is just a idea of shang tsung
mki__shang_tsung_by_hellraiserfreak-d3k8t93.jpg

[NOTE:This was not made by me]

Just wait Gojira ^^ why dont you put goro with a mad facial expression, like a shokan prince ... you can get inspired if you see some online mortal Kombat BD's or just the movie one...but i realy think he look a monkey in the movie xD
1057004137_c194dd67ef.jpg

I really appreciate all the references guys, every bit helps. As for the movie version, I don't even know where to begin with that. I just didn't like it at all. Really hope they do something 100 xs better for the new movie. But anyways, again guys, thanks for all the images.

Here is the blocked in form of the model. Color is just there for my sake, and not at all what will be on the final version:

goro7.jpg

Just wait Gojira ^^ why dont you put goro with a mad facial expression, like a shokan prince ... you can get inspired if you see some online mortal Kombat BD's or just the movie one...but i realy think he look a monkey in the movie xD
1057004137_c194dd67ef.jpg

Expressions and poses and all that great stuff will be added later. For animation purposes, the sculpt needs to be in a general and relaxed state

Those aren't the correct style for this project anyway. They'd need so much modification that it'd be like redoing them from scratch basically. IMO those where official to MK vs DC or MK9 but not this project. I wouldn't post any more "found" models here to be honest. That's simply not what this project is about.

Also to be honest I think Bleed's Ninjas look better than even the classic skins for MK9. Those seem to have lower resolution diffuse\normal maps so the black under gi has less detail than bleeds and everything looks more plastic.... also Bleed's has more of a realistic tone\proportion than them. Although those classic skins do look good and are good enough for real time rendering on aging consoles.

I agree man. Was not too impressed with the classic costumes. Looked too bulky and awkward.

Small update, I figured out how to mirror the animations. I should be able to fix the turn snapping problem now, by blending the two anims in Photoshop.

I should start on the block animation later tonight, once the turn is fixed.

Just pointing something out I checked since I wanted to know which character it was. It's goro and they used goros mold for kintaro. This is from John Tobias "We were crunched for time on MKII, so Curt used the Goro mold for Kintaro. @K0MB4T helped out on MKII by doing all of Kintaro's animations!!"

I loved Kinatro's animations and look from part 2. Can't believe the f'd that up by turning him into a cat. I honestly thought the stripes were to be tribal tattoos or something, and not that he's literally part tiger.

goro proportions are good... below the knee its a bit difficult to tell... it looks like the feet may be a bit small but its a bit difficult to tell at the moment. Gojira, I completely agree about kintaro. I dont know why they turned him into a cat... does he say meoooww too? lol. Worse part were the whiskers, o man, I dont even know where to begin. I think the way kintaro looked in mk2 was perfect.

His back story of being part cat was a wrap for me. One of my favorite characters in MK history ruined. And when I saw the babality of him drinking milk, it was like digging the knife deeper :(

goro proportions are good... below the knee its a bit difficult to tell... it looks like the feet may be a bit small but its a bit difficult to tell at the moment. Gojira, I completely agree about kintaro. I dont know why they turned him into a cat... does he say meoooww too? lol. Worse part were the whiskers, o man, I dont even know where to begin. I think the way kintaro looked in mk2 was perfect.

Thanks, and yeah his feet needs to be enlarged. Will fix that asap