Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Something i want to say...you know that reptile is a hidden character, you know, bottom of the pit, the moon, double flawless, how will it work? Does he will have the scorpions kunai, teleport and sub zeros freeze? Or will you put his original moves? Put the original ones... waiting for the answer

I suggested that before but I don't think they are going to do it. Either way he's still use sub-zero's slide... but instead of doing their other moves would do acid spit, glowing orb toss and turn invisible.

Last edited:
For a percentage, pretty much what you see is what we have, we aren't hiding our progress.

As far as I know and according to the focus of the project, Reptile will be the same as he was in MK1. Still this is not set in stone, if the majority want his MK2 moves, he "may" have them. An alternate version could also be created.

Hey guys, not sure if anyone saw my previous post, but I've uploaded a new version of the freeze and freeze hit (#5) that I am really happy with. I think they capture the original spirit but still sound fresh. Let me know what you think! :)

http://snack.to/5egwKM

I really don't like what I'm reading here..
We are working on a team, who said we will use yours instead Sub-Zera's?
Remember what happen with Badmouse UI? we had all the UI already done and the team vote for yours like a more accurate version and finally we will use yours...
Now let us heard your music and then the whole team decide to use yours or Sub-Zera's. Personally i really like some of her music.

Hi interloko, I am known as zerobeats for my video game music sequences. I've done MIDI and MP3 sequences for various games especially Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter II. Being a part of this project is exciting for me but I don't wish for anyone else to be turned down because they hear about someone else is working on 'that part' or in that section. Teamwork is the main priority here and it's impressive to see everyone onto this project. I've been discussing about helping out do the MK1 and 2 soundtracks with jarvis653 and we thought it would be very helpful since I've done MK midis in the past. But if anyone has music of theirs they want to put in, that's perfectly fine. Then like you said, the team should make the final decision on who's song will make it.

I had to rush in some samples to show what progress I've made in the soundtracks for this game. When I get a chance, I will send you a detailed pm with comparisons of my old midis I sequenced from 2002-2004/2005 versus Sub-Zera's remixes. Clearly, her remixes were borrowed from my midi sources.

As for the music part, I'm working on the MK1 tracks one by one from scratch, to make the songs as accurate as possible with good sounds and plugins.

Here is an upload of a few pieces I put together, notice that these are far from complete. These are just the basic layouts, I haven't gone to the mixing part yet:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qzfx9eyc168o9zb

Hi Jiggeh, welcome to the forum.

I saw your work in polycount forum months ago.
Actualy i was who asked you for the texture draw mini tutorial :)

Re: Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN
Originally Posted by interloko
I really don't like what I'm reading here..
We are working on a team, who said we will use yours instead Sub-Zera's?
Remember what happen with Badmouse UI? we had all the UI already done and the team vote for yours like a more accurate version and finally we will use yours...
Now let us heard your music and then the whole team decide to use yours or Sub-Zera's. Personally i really like some of her music.
Hi interloko, I am known as zerobeats for my video game music sequences. I've done MIDI and MP3 sequences for various games especially Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter II. Being a part of this project is exciting for me but I don't wish for anyone else to be turned down because they hear about someone else is working on 'that part' or in that section. Teamwork is the main priority here and it's impressive to see everyone onto this project. I've been discussing about helping out do the MK1 and 2 soundtracks with jarvis653 and we thought it would be very helpful since I've done MK midis in the past. But if anyone has music of theirs they want to put in, that's perfectly fine. Then like you said, the team should make the final decision on who's song will make it.

I had to rush in some samples to show what progress I've made in the soundtracks for this game. When I get a chance, I will send you a detailed pm with comparisons of my old midis I sequenced from 2002-2004/2005 versus Sub-Zera's remixes. Clearly, her remixes were borrowed from my midi sources.

As for the music part, I'm working on the MK1 tracks one by one from scratch, to make the songs as accurate as possible with good sounds and plugins.

Here is an upload of a few pieces I put together, notice that these are far from complete. These are just the basic layouts, I haven't gone to the mixing part yet:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qzfx9eyc168o9zb

Hey man, your stuff is really good. I just wanted to throw this in the mix since you want to go the route of group consensus. I whipped this up a couple days ago, completely orchestrated by me. It's the Character Select Theme.

http://www.mediafire.com/?o48pf5m18421fr8

Hey man, your stuff is really good. I just wanted to throw this in the mix since you want to go the route of group consensus. I whipped this up a couple days ago, completely orchestrated by me. It's the Character Select Theme.

http://www.mediafire.com/?o48pf5m18421fr8

Hey Justin, this really rocks. This should be the Character Select theme. Then you can do the Battle Plan theme and the versus screen with this source. Very cool.

Hey Justin, this really rocks. This should be the Character Select theme. Then you can do the Battle Plan theme and the versus screen with this source. Very cool.

Thanks man! I hope I didn't step on any toes. I can definately whip up the Battleplan and Versus pieces.

Last edited:
I don't know, I personally think the zerobeats one sounds closer in tone to the original. Justin Slaughter's sounds more naturalistic although I might have to agree with what Jarvis said before that style doesn't fit the tone of the arcade game so much.

This goro that i found in this forum is kick ass ^^
goro_color_test_by_sankart-d32czez.jpg

All credit go for Mortal_Gojira
PS(THIS GORO IS REALY THE BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN)
The only thing i would edit is his belt because is white, i would put the original Yin-Yang emblem ;)

What you guys are doing is amazing.

If you ever need penial pleasure, just call and I'll send my best.

Ice blast sample 5 is close enough for me, it's not exact but recognizable. I feel the same way about the music, it's not as critical as the game play. The closer the better, but having some creative freedom with it is fine, as long as it doesn't stray too far.

How far is too far, sample 4 for the ice blast.

"My thoughts only"

Last edited:
As far as I know and according to the focus of the project, Reptile will be the same as he was in MK1. Still this is not set in stone, if the majority want his MK2 moves, he "may" have them. An alternate version could also be created.

Personally I think it would be nice for him to be more of his own fleshed out character rather than just a combination of the two other ninjas. Goes better with the canon that he is a lizard man ninja. Although I wouldn't mind an option for either (combination of the two ninjas or his own set of special moves) depending on whether you're a true purist or not that is if it's not too much trouble.

I think it would be cool for him to have his own fatality as well (just one since this is MK1). So when you lose to him he can eat your head. It would be appropriate too IMO since decapitation is practically the main fatality in MK1. You could even reuse part of Scorption's fatality as in the part where he removes his mask except changing the second part and showing his lizard head instead of a skull. To make it more MK1 style you could have him face the screen after eating the head just like scorpion instead of rubbing his tummy as in MK2.

So his animation would start the same as Scorpions fatality.. but instead of fire his tongue would dart out grab their head and pull it into his mouth. Then he would face the screen with his arms to angled to his sides just like scorpion. Their body would fall just like other decapitation related fatalities.

The thing that I think should always stay the same is... as a secret character he should move faster than a normal character. That is if I remember that correctly anyway... I know the secret characters in MK2 where faster than normal.

Last edited:
Thanks Bleed.

It would be handy if we had some sort of dedicated forum or webpage with everyone's contributions listed and organized. Doesn't seem like it would be too difficult.

This is the continue theme, near completion:

http://www.mediafire.com/?48g8m0tt4dt7v90

Sounds good, mate!

I just had a thought, would you want me to do the percussion for you? I think with your arcadey melodies and my realistic percussion it would make for a cool hybrid sound. The rest of the guys don't seem to care for my realistic-sounding approach. Anyway, it's cool if you'd rather not. Twas just a thought.

Also, I've made the standard jump flip sound. Should I just hold onto it or send it to someone?

So I want to speak a bit about the music.

Firstly, I think people misunderstood me when I said something about not needing further contributions. I want to clarify again that I was speaking only in regards to the project I am working on with Grid, since he has a lot done and I'm satisfied with the efforts he is making. That doesn't mean I wish to stop anyone from contributing their own music here. Of course I don't, anyone is welcome to show whatever they have. I simply meant I don't need another composer for my own project.

Now the direction I have in mind -
It seems to me that people are not really sure about what to do with the music remixes. I'd like to explain my personal vision for it. Basically, I feel we need to set the bar high. When it comes to the characters, stages, and anything else graphics-related, we are really focusing on making the best possible result. There is a lot of discussion and a lot of criticism to ensure that. Now if you have a deep appreciation for audio as I do, you should agree that it isn't fair for the graphics to get most of the attention and for the audio to always come second. IMO, it deserves an equal amount of effort. It should be considered as a big job, not something thrown together, and it concerns me that more people don't see it that way.

I want to give an example of the level of dedication that these music remakes should match. It has nothing to do with our style, it's very cheesy, but it's also an excellent example of accurate music reproduction. It's by an artist called Tee Lopes, and is being used for the Sonic 2 HD remix. If you compare these to the originals, they are damn near identical. If the Sonic 2 music had been originally done today, it would probably sound just like this:

That is the kind of goal we need to set and reach, for accuracy and quality. Now the reason why midi compositions are the best method to work with for this project, is because they can always be changed. New tones for the instruments can always be made. However, if you physically record something, especially if it's already processed, you limit yourself in the freedom you have with it in production. Consequently, this creates difficulty in keeping all the music consistent in style and quality. Just as efforts are being made to keep all the graphics consistent in style and quality, the audio should be treated the same. Therefore, music that is physically recorded in its entirety, and already processed, is not ideal.

If we continue working with midi, and I'm allowed to help with production duties, I can ensure that the result will be consistent and faithful to the original. I need to stress that if the graphics for this project are remaining as true to the original as possible, then the audio should follow that direction. Which is not a re-imagining, just a huge upgrade in quality. Plugins/tones that are similar to the original sounds, either as a texture or an instrument, will need to be carefully created/selected, so that the integrity of the original music is kept. I feel that since it was created in the 90s, it should reflect the 90s.

I am fully dedicated to this project, and will do my best to see it through to the end in its best possible form. If our own production efforts are not enough, I will even outsource the final music to a professional studio for final mixing and mastering. I've waited so long for an opportunity to do this, as I'm sure you all have, so let's realize this to its fullest potential.

I am keen to hear all your thoughts on this.