Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Hey, dude, you right. I just mean it isn't match in palette with classic. However problem with statues is more serious.) There's also problems with lighting in Throne Room, columns look more darken from left side.

Last edited:
Green and pink trees look good, they make the picture "alive" as the original one looks too gray:)

I'd prefer if the remake wasn't as colorful like you're intending it to be, I'd like to see the original tone maintained. Having said that, I'm okay with a bit more color, as long as it's not a lot more. The stage is supposed to have a dusty, dreary look to it, it's not meant to be lush.

I'd prefer if the remake wasn't as colorful like you're intending it to be, I'd like to see the original tone maintained. Having said that, I'm okay with a bit more color, as long as it's not a lot more. The stage is supposed to have a dusty, dreary look to it, it's not meant to be lush.

Interesting, what other guys think:)

Well that's my interpretation of it, based on that the stage has a lot of neutral colors. Dusty is the wrong word for it, I don't know why I put that in. But it doesn't look lush to me so I still don't think a lot of bright greens and pinks belong in it. But like I said, a bit more color is okay, just balance it out.

I don't see a problem with it at all. When they "made everything bigger" for MK2 and MK3 they specifically went out of their way to make the games more colorful, especially with MK2, and the pseudo-photo realistic approach seems to fit pretty well.

Would like to see a full size shot though, for sure.

Hey, dude, you right. I just mean it isn't match in palette with classic. However problem with statues is more serious.) There's also problems with lighting in Throne Room, columns look more darken from left side.

Thanks for your comments Le@N, I know what you mean, about the column lighting, I may go back and fix that near the end of the project but it's really not a huge issue. The Buddah face is surely different than the original and I think that is what you are responding to. Sorry but for now it's the best that we can do. I didn't model the Buddah statue so I'm limited in what I can do to make it look better.

As for the side statues, the original dog/dragons were almost impossible to really see the details. I've made them look much more detailed. I don't think they look wierd, but agree about the Buddah face.

I don't see a problem with it at all. When they "made everything bigger" for MK2 and MK3 they specifically went out of their way to make the games more colorful, especially with MK2, and the pseudo-photo realistic approach seems to fit pretty well.

Would like to see a full size shot though, for sure.

I wasn't talking in absolutes, like no additional colors at all or something. I simply mean that it should, within reason, resemble the tone of the original. Therefore it shouldn't be over-saturated. And MK2 shouldn't have much bearing on this project at all, if any IMO. The stages, as with everything else, should try to preserve the "personality" of MK1. If that means imitating some of its less refined elements, so be it.

Buddah's body also must be more wide.. And you can model head from various photos (there's many similar images in network) probably..

OK all, here is the modified Buddah that Sub-zera and I have been working on and the new temples are also in the scene. It's the closest this Buddah is going to get to the original which isn't to say this is a perfect copy but I think for now it will do until/unless I get around to building a brand new buddah model from scratch.

Also took into account past crits about the ground and shadows. I think it needs a bit more shadow work for base of statues in the background but all in all I'm happy with this. I've also desaturated the color of the trees so it's not so lush looking. Enjoy

NEWSHRINE_SHOW.jpg

OK all, here is the modified Buddah that Sub-zera and I have been working on and the new temples are also in the scene. It's the closest this Buddah is going to get to the original which isn't to say this is a perfect copy but I think for now it will do until/unless I get around to building a brand new buddah model from scratch.

Also took into account past crits about the ground and shadows. I think it needs a bit more shadow work for base of statues in the background but all in all I'm happy with this. I've also desaturated the color of the trees so it's not so lush looking. Enjoy

NEWSHRINE_SHOW.jpg

I'm viewing this on my phone right now so can't get a close look, but wow, it is looking superb. I'll offer crit again when I get the chance.

oh yeah I should add that I fixed Buddah's face to look less constipated. He looks more peaceful now.

LOL nice

That stage is one of the best pieces of work I've seen yet, it looks absolutely phenominal.

I can't check at the moment but the one thing that stands out to me is the angle of the stage, was the original that steep? It seems like the bricks at the bottom could almost be cut off entirely unless my eyes are just playing tricks on me. You don't want to end up sticking the characters too close to the lifebars in order to compensate for the background, you know?

I got a thought here looking at the stage... the shadows. In the original the shadows for the characters where in back of them but on the remake all the shadows seem to be in the front. I'm guessing the shadow angle is going to be changed wholesale now?

In Bleed's test video the shadows where in the front for the characters too as well but I chalked that down to him just doing a test.

Hi guys. I watch on this project from the beginning, but only now did their registration. Everything looks great, I wish you success.
I grew up with MK and SF 2 and for me, the most important thing in this kind of games are animations, their speed and smooth ,logical transfusion.
I always hated hiper fast games with sharp animations with that 10000000 hits and combos.
The game should be as balanced by that part. There should be combos but must be disguised himself with a speed of which is clearly visible as it is and why, as in MK3U, each action must has counteraction.
So once again I wish you good luck and God bless you.

Yep, it would be too steep, as is but you have to remember in the actual arcade most of the foreground large coble stone, you can't even see. I rendered though just so that Interloko can place the stage as high up as he'd like. Really in the arcade the bottom of the path is where cobblestone path begins. Pretty much all those foreground cobblestone won't be seen, unless he decides to show them.

That stage is one of the best pieces of work I've seen yet, it looks absolutely phenominal.

I can't check at the moment but the one thing that stands out to me is the angle of the stage, was the original that steep? It seems like the bricks at the bottom could almost be cut off entirely unless my eyes are just playing tricks on me. You don't want to end up sticking the characters too close to the lifebars in order to compensate for the background, you know?

It looks far, far better than before. Great work!

The only thing I would change is the floor. It still isn't quite right. The effect you have on the center pavement doesn't reflect in the lower pavement. Allow me to demonstrate.

Perspective.png

This will add more perspective distance in the foreground, and I personally think will look a lot better.

The problem I will see is that it will mess up the ends of the arena. I'm not an artist so I don't know what kinds of effects you guys can pull, but I hope you can find a way.