Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

just a mockup
mockupj.jpg

WOW!!! That looks amazing!!! GREAT WORK!!! :)

I realize it's not exactly same structure, but It's close and I think cooler looking than the original temples.

Check it out..texture and lighting to come.

TEMPLE_SHOW.png

calactyte, looks great. i thinks it don't need more details. with a good diffuse map will be perfect :)

I sent to interloko part of the new Goro's Lair. i remade it with arcade proportions. I only have left the back wall, The gates on it have different size that the front one.

skeleton part's are in position, but i think i have to make them a bit more dirty.

calactyte, can you send me later the objects of left gate of Palace gate stage and the Tower of the Pit please?

I want to conserve the same style in The Warrior Shrine. I have other parts done.

Sounds great Badmouse!

I'll send you the other parts you need for the Warrior's Shrine as soon as I can.

calactyte, looks great. i thinks it don't need more details. with a good diffuse map will be perfect :)

I sent to interloko part of the new Goro's Lair. i remade it with arcade proportions. I only have left the back wall, The gates on it have different size that the front one.

skeleton part's are in position, but i think i have to make them a bit more dirty.

calactyte, can you send me later the objects of left gate of Palace gate stage and the Tower of the Pit please?

I want to conserve the same style in The Warrior Shrine. I have other parts done.

I just want to say to everyone who is contributing, thanks for being a part of this project. The ultimate compliment comes from the original game designers themselves giving us praise.

John Vogel via Twitter

"NICE! Scary how much that looks like MK1! Especially the ninjas!"

Tobias via Twitter

"youtube.com/watch?v=n3LcKh… MK1 HD Remix Some nice model work."

This is huge and while we still have a ton more work to do, it's always nice to get the blessing of the creators. I hope that Ed Boon will compliment our work at one point or another as well.

Thanks for your efforts Maxi619, but I'm already working on this stage. I think all the background for this project are already in progress or nearly complete. Maybe you can help in another area?

No problem man, it's just that I love doing graphic things on Mugen ;)
I'm also good to code stages, transitions between menus, lighting effects, animations...

I saw that Interloko seems to be the only coder here ^^ So if I can help with stage coding, there is no problem.

I can also do in game graphics like lifebars, portraits... or even sound ripping from MK games.
Actually, I have all the voices and FX from MK9. I don't know if it could be useful for this project.

It's also possible that I ask my brother for a possible remasterisation of the MK1 musics. He is good on it, so if he have time it could be also good :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can also do in game graphics like lifebars, portraits... or even sound ripping from MK games.
Actually, I have all the voices and FX from MK9. I don't know if it could be useful for this project.

It's also possible that I ask my brother for a possible remasterisation of the MK1 musics. He is good on it, so if he have time it could be also good :)

Well all in-game graphics are already done, and The Grid and myself are already taking care of all music remakes and sounds. If you are good at coding though then perhaps speak to Interloko about helping out in that area.

Also I thought I'd update you guys on my work. The final 2 screens which are the scrolling potraits screen, and the versus screen, are nearly complete and will be posted shortly. But additionally, I encountered some serious issues when viewing my other backgrounds upscaled past their native resolution - basically they looked horrible.

All of your guys stages and characters, even at double the size, still look just as beautiful. Chances are people will be viewing this game at fullscreen at a res higher than 1280x720, so it's important that quality is still retained when upscaled. It's a major oversight of mine that I didn't account for that previously. Like I said no one else has anything to worry about, but mine looked badly out of place, and so I've now modified the texture on my backgrounds to make them more upscale-friendly. I'm happy with the results. I'll be posting it for feedback anyway, along with the remaining screens.

PS:
Temple looks awesome Calactyte! :)

Last edited:
Not bad, but large statue has strange face, side statues as well.)
And it's look cartoony unlike arcade version. xD

I think it's not good idea to use sounds from last MK, because everyone played and heard it.

Last edited:
I think it's not good idea to use sounds from last MK, because everyone played and heard it.

Correct. We're going to try and remake the original sounds as close as we can. For the voices though, the original voices will simply be edited to sound cleaner.

Ой, кого я вижу! :) Ну здорова!

Yep, MK9 sounds are not good for MK1. Le@n, it looks cartoony as we decided to do it all as close to the original arcade as possible. We could make it all look really better, Badmouse and Calactyte are very talented and skillful persons, but all these features would lead us further from the origin. IMO, would be not so bad though :)