Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Yeah they are, just look at how tiny his head looks and the arms look like they should be thicker.

Looks like the model was made too tall, the Marvel comic proportions.

Yeah they are, just look at how tiny his head looks.

Well yeah, they're about the same height just your proportions are a bit different. I just attributed that to your artistic choice for the models. I took a snapshot directly from mame and resized it vertically to your video, so if it's off then it'd be your model work that would need alteration. I think it's fine though personally, the models are close enough.

However if you have run into any problems with matching them up, I can tell you why. It will be a long post though and may start up quite a discussion. It all goes back to the properties of analogue video - rectangular vs square pixels.

Last edited:
On a brighter note, I have been watching your video over and over and I think it's looking amazing :)

The only crits I can make is that the walk anim looks maybe too stiff, and the landing from the jump is cut too much. Plus the roll could perhaps use some motion blur to make it look more realistic.

Last edited:
This is ****ing incredible. Bleed, you are a god. ALL of you are gods!!!

I am more excited about this than any Netherrealm product right now. Seriously. GOD!!!

I can't unsee it now, I want to try and fix that difference.

The head can be larger, thicker arms, and waist.

This is what I mean when I say things will need tweaking after we get it in the game. You start to see stuff wrong that was looking fine before...

Proportions.gif

It does seem like that when you look at it but when you compare the video with another one from the arcade they characters heads seem to line up at the same spots on the screen...

I compared this video at 4:04

I think it might just simply be that you can see SO much of the background around the sprites, if it were in the same aspect as the arcade it might not seem that way.

I recently just noticed that the pillar of the throne room of MKHD is bigger ( any words? uhhm fatter?) than the original arcade game. .

Wow seems really, difficult to redo all that now. I know you can save the animation as a .bip or something in character studio, but won't you need to redo all the skin weighting again?

I can't unsee it now, I want to try and fix that difference.

The head can be larger, thicker arms, and waist.

This is what I mean when I say things will need tweaking after we get it in the game. You start to see stuff wrong that was looking fine before...

Proportions.gif

Bleed's got it. I don't think it would be too hard to redo the animations but there's more than one way to render them, and it depends which method he's using. Hopefully it's not too difficult.

Edit- wait, are we sure the dragon's "whiskers" aren't just higher than the original? That threw me off at first, the originals curl back around into it's face where the HD version curls more into the air.

Edit 2- eh, maybe it's both?

It's not hard to make the change, I can morph the model and keep everything else as it was.

What needs tweaking is the cloth animation. If the arms are a little thicker it'll start clipping, It's not a big deal though.

Looks amazing interloko, about reptile he have some green points in his arm. Palette problem?

Im remaking the whole Goro's Lair to match with the exactly arcade version. nothing extra, no fire, no extra bones, no dark light.

I think im finish it today.

Looks amazing interloko, about reptile he have some green points in his arm. Palette problem?

Im remaking the whole Goro's Lair to match with the exactly arcade version. nothing extra, no fire, no extra bones, no dark light.

I think im finish it today.

This whole project just keeps getting better and better. Seriously happy campers with everyone who views it.

Yeah, the highlight pixels from the skin and costume are getting shared. That needs to be cleaned up by hand, frame by frame.

just a mockup
mockupj.jpg

Cool! Amazing mock-up . . ! B.t.w. aren't you gonna sharpen the font of the life bars?

Hey, I've updated my work since Interloko's demand.
Here is now something closer to the final version.

http://nsa27.casimages.com/img/2011/12/04/111204112522987978.png

The only problem is the dragons near ST. I took the model from MK9, but it's not really closer and I do not know how to model it in 3D or else draw it.

Amazing bro! Good work! But sad to say that I feel that this doesn't fit to the other stages . .

Thanks for your efforts Maxi619, but I'm already working on this stage. I think all the background for this project are already in progress or nearly complete. Maybe you can help in another area?

Hey, I've updated my work since Interloko's demand.
Here is now something closer to the final version.

http://nsa27.casimages.com/img/2011/12/04/111204112522987978.png

The only problem is the dragons near ST. I took the model from MK9, but it's not really closer and I do not know how to model it in 3D or else draw it.