Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Love it. Great work as usual my friend.

Calactyte, this might be trivial but I thought I'd check with you anyway since you made the screen. I've altered the text on it, Press Start now has the same styling as I've used for the rest of the UI, and the Copyright and TM text have been changed to a similar font to the Midway logo, which also closely enough resembles the original copyright/tm text. All good?

tsedit.jpg

Yep, everything you mentioned, as or will be address. Thanks for your comments.

Few things need touching up, if what's shown won't be modified. The background statues are not evenly apart, and some seem to be floating.

The rear wall appears to have two parts to it too. I'm not too fond on how the wall gets darker, then stops, and the new wall is lighter.

I agree with the depth of the ground. New textures need to be made to look like the original, where the stones/pebbles are exponentially larger up front than the back.

Lighting on the Buddha is very different to other objects in the arena.

I'm sure you have noticed these by now, so keep up the hard work. You're doing a bang-up job!

And also the statue on the far left - maybe you should flip it. It will make sense to assume that beyond the left entrance will be a repeat of what's on the arena.

Wow, I never realised how big Tsung must have been all that time.

Bleed, just checked out the video, you guys are doing great work! now I truly am more excited about this project than anything midway or NetherRealm has done! I can't believe you guys aren't professional game designers. I do have one question hough. will you guys make the difficulty a little more forgiving than the arcade version? I love Mortal Kombat, but the arcade was just too hard for me personally to beat it, or even come close. again, awesome work guys, all of you.

I made this one pretty fast, so it can be fixed but for now it'll do.

His hand is looking bad, I made the palm too long... Need to fix that.

MK1_Scorp_WinPoseAnim.gif

The video looks amazing, i know it follows the original game physics but i would love to see a realistic flip this time, a single flip would look a lot better imo. The dual back or front flip makes these realistic models look silly. Is it hard to implement a single flip instead? I know killer instinct was like that and it was a minor detail that i noticed and used to love as a kid. Regardless of a single or dual flip the work is mind blowing.

Win pose sprites have been sent to Interloko.

I can change the animation for my version of the character, but for this project it will be like MK1.

Niceeee work Bleed, looks like you changed the lighting a bit like it was when you did the first walk animation (sans shiny-ness, lol). cool.

Then the background is too big, because the characters match almost exactly.

The character scale was taken from a screen shot of MK1, scaled up to fit the HD screen size.

hmm the sprites look tiny compared to the background

It does seem like that when you look at it but when you compare the video with another one from the arcade they characters heads seem to line up at the same spots on the screen...

I compared this video at 4:04

I think it might just simply be that you can see SO much of the background around the sprites, if it were in the same aspect as the arcade it might not seem that way.

Okay so basically everything is fine, it's just that the lifebars are too high up in Bleed's own UI. Here are comparison pics:

Bleed's -
bleeds.jpg

Original (with 16:9 space)
original2z.jpg

MK1 HD Remix -
remixs.jpg

The remix screenshot is not the final version of the UI, the lifebars will probably be spaced out a bit more to accommodate for the 16:9 ratio (and other things maybe modified too). However they will be at the same vertical position as the original, and I remember talking about this with Interloko some time ago why it was so important that the lifebars were the same height up. Now you guys see why, the characters look too small otherwise.

Last edited: