Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Hi Jarvis,

I think that there are more options. It's a huge amount of rendering time to make 2 different sprite sets for daylight and moonlight. I was originally for it, but based on our conversations about how we'll need to cut down the frames to optimize for loading before a match, I'm thinking we should take this option off of the table altogether. That's just my 2 cents on the subject.

The original game does not have characters that match their surrounding lighting. So our version does not need to either. That doesn't mean if can, we shouldn't try, just that if we're trying to stay true to the original game then we wouldn't bother matching the backgrounds to the lighting.

I like the torches. I think that they are fitting and they add a cool ambiance to the whole thing. So I say we should keep the torches in but as other have noted the skeleton positioning needs to remain the same since it's become sort of a calling card of that environment.

If the torches are removed, and we hint at a moonlit environment then I'd say we need to be sure to match all the coloring of the ground and walls more accurately to the arcade since that's what people will compare it against.

I'm not saying that your wrong in critique of this stage, just that their are more options than you have presented.

Ok all,

Here is the updated statue I was working on for Sub-zera's stage.

SIDESHRINE_SHOW.png

OK, guys, i'm agree that moonlight would fit well instead of torches. But if we decide that, Badmouse must make it look like a real moonlight going from above (holes in the cieling or smth like this), also this will light the walls and floor. In the arcade version we see the WHOLE wall day-lighted, light goes not from above, but from everywhere, like there it is not a Lair, but a room without one wall. Sorry for my russ-english:) Not sure that you understand what i mean, but i'm sure Badmouse can realistically make an effect that it's EXACTLY a moonlight, and it goes directly from above ;)

Also, don't forget about trans ADD and SUB effects. We can create transparent layermap in the very front (in front of fighters) with "shining" or "shadow" effect - coloring it so, as light falls. What do you think?

I know nothing about working with mugen but didn't some bring up something about filters over the screen to give it that moonlight feel. If this actually possible couldn't it be done for Goros lair? Or is this something that's not possible?

The new statue is great, i just must change textures to which I used for my arena. Thank you Calactyte, i hope to finish Palace Gates pretty soon and start Cortyard;)

Hi Sub-Zera,

Cool, check your PM, I have some instructions in there to help you work with my files. Don't worry about the Courtyard, I've got that one started already.

Calactyte now that's what the statue should look like. Good stuff right there.
Just one minor thing, if you could add mustache and make the mouth
little less smiley I think it would be perfect. But it's great as it is imo

Here's my current progress with Palace Gates. The right corner is still in process, don't worry, you'll see packman there;)))))

I also dared to add static clouds in the very BG, this makes picture more realistic than just blue sky. But i can remove them if most of you ask me to)

palacegatesb2.png

is looking very nice. great work on the trees i love them :p
i think you post something about it but just in case... remember the visible area is 720 (height)
maybe you can add more floor or more separated from the up part.. guards seems bad (small) in proportion if we place characters right there. i know this is happens in arcade

I needed to crop the pic a bit as it was too big to host:) When the stage is ready I'll send you the PSD file where all objects are layers, so you can resize them however you need.

Also, this all looks too 3Dish:) It's very well seen that these stone constructions are seperate objects from the ground, temple colors don't absolutely fit. I see this. Again, when i add all objects to the scene, i'll need to art-paint a bit to add harmony and realism.

Hi Subzera

The perspective of the pillars on the left seems off.

I've created new Pillars for you and I've also created a new right wall. I redrew the symbols also. I'll upload an image with the entire stage in perspective.

I got the arm problem fixed, I'm using a skin morph now for it.

Skin morph makes it so I can re shape the mesh depending on the rotation angle of a bone. If the arm bends, make the bicep bulge, etc.

So it's looking good now during the spin.

Bleed, are you planing to reverse your walking and jumping forward animation
for walking and jumping backwards? Have you tried it and how does it look,
or will you make new animations for that? Just curious...

Bleed, are you planing to reverse your walking and jumping forward animation
for walking and jumping backwards? Have you tried it and how does it look,
or will you make new animations for that? Just curious...

Hi La_luna,

Bleed can easily reverse the frames in AfterEffects without having to re-render from 3ds Max (which would be needlessly time consuming). It should look exactly like the arcade does.