Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Hey Subzera,

How is your stage coming along? Last I knew it was 85% done. Do you need anything from me to complete it?

Thank you! All i need now is just a bit more time. Right now I'm changing my living place, moving to another house. The Arena is almost ready, yes, i hope everything will stabilize soon and i finally finish it.
Don't forger me:)
Ah, and i really dont remember this cow. There was no, certainly, in Sega version, in Arcade too. In which one??

This conflict about the animation has me concerned. Bleed's animations are gorgeous, it'd be such a shame to see them compromised. I hope you guys can work it out.

Hey Interloko,

What do you mean the project will not work? Bleed cant have smooth animations inside Mugen with out it crashing? We will figure it out I'm sure.

This conflict about the animation has me concerned. Bleed's animations are gorgeous, it'd be such a shame to see them compromised. I hope you guys can work it out.

Hey Interloko,

What do you mean the project will not work? Bleed cant have smooth animations inside Mugen with out it crashing? We will figure it out I'm sure.
unlike other games, this one will have all the characters in a single graphic file so we need to optimize it as much as we can. if we start with this simple animation (which uses 3 frames) turning into 41 frames i don't think is the good way

don't get me wrong the animations are awesome for a 3D engine. mugen is 2D and is based on sprites so we need to "optimize" this things.
i agree when you say it will look choppy if we use the same number of sprites so i agree we can add more, but in this case i see this TOO much.
Personally I wouldn't mind seeing the same number of frames that were in the original, it would give the game that Midway arcade feel. But at the same time, we have the opportunity to make it look better... it's kind of a coin toss.
i think the same :p
but i think most people prefer it smoother

Last night I made the score system. It works exactly as arcade version. The only thing i need to finish is the timer, now is always 99.

The game have the "Fight", "Finish Him/Her" and win icons (reduced to fit arcade scale size) made by calactyte.
For other texts I'm using arcade graphics (scaled to 720) as place holder until I get the new ones.

All the basic moves does the correct damage, some of them have variations depending which character we are using

Yup, there was

2we05d2.jpg

Hahaha.....MOOOOO!

Ah I see, what you mean. I think the jump animation doesn't need more frames. But can we test to see if it lags if we try to get more frames of animation in there? I'd rather start as smooth as possible then cut down frames as needed to reduce lag.

I look at animation as one of the few areas where we can significantly improve the game.

Bleed I think jump animation is good. You can probably move onto uppercut/standing punches or whatever makes sense next.

Last night I made the score system. It works exactly as arcade version. The only thing i need to finish is the timer, now is always 99.

The game have the "Fight", "Finish Him/Her" and win icons (reduced to fit arcade scale size) made by calactyte.
For other texts I'm using arcade graphics (scaled to 720) as place holder until I get the new ones.

All the basic moves does the correct damage, some of them have variations depending which character we are using

You are doing great Interloko! I can't wait to see this in action.

the problem is not if this animation lags or not, the problem is: we have around 7 characters (let's count shang+goro+sub zero diferent sprites as a single char) all in HD with more frames than the original game in a single file. if we made all animations with a lot of extra frame it will take a minute to load or more, maybe crash i don't know.

we need to find a good balance between quality and quantity of sprites. the game may be "super smooth" but if take a minute to load a fight ruins it all.
i can understand a standing idle pose with 21 frames but this jump with 41 is too much.

Edit: next logical step for animations are jumping forward/backward. after these if you ask me: standing and crouch block or win pose.

We can remove frames from moves that use too many.

How many frames do you think is good for the jump pause frame?

The first landing frame has 3 sprites, the second landing frame has 4 sprites.

Calactyte in case you're wondering what's going on with the bridge, I found time today and it's 99% done now, just a bit of color grading left when I get back to it tonight. I'll post it here for feedback before I send it.

OK, here's the first beta of my Palace Gates :) Still not all objects are there, still must work much over the color balance etc. But the first view:)

Last edited:
It's looking real nice Sub-Zera, keep going!

The only thing I want to point out right now is the stone pathway that is made with a different type of rock.

It's looking real nice Sub-Zera, keep going!

The only thing I want to point out right now is the stone pathway that is made with a different type of rock.

Hmm... well, when you spend hours moving these objects, you already don't see such things:) Thanks, i'll try something another;)

Hmm... well, when you spend hours moving these objects, you already don't see such things:) Thanks, i'll try something another;)

Great job!

A few crits:

-The cobble stones in foreground are way too big.
-The red railings look 2D, I think you should model them in 3D.
-Sky color is too dark blue, I would sample the sky color from the original.

Keep up the good work! I'll provide you with clouds for the sky. Let me know if you need help with modeling the temple or the pedestal statues.

Great job!

A few crits:

-The cobble stones in foreground are way too big.
-The red railings look 2D, I think you should model them in 3D.
-Sky color is too dark blue, I would sample the sky color from the original.

Keep up the good work! I'll provide you with clouds for the sky. Let me know if you need help with modeling the temple or the pedestal statues.

OK, thanks! I'm currently working on the temple myself. If you create statues, this would fasten the progress, i think;)