Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Yes my idea is if the mugen does not support the graphics in HD and speed, you can use this engine that this guy used there that is unreal engine
Yes he used the characters but I tell the companies the characters did not forbid him to do this
Our dream is to see the MKHD become Reality and not fail as the WB did itself tried to do but what they did launched the same games with the same graphics.

I understand your point, but that is a 3d based game, ours is a 2d based game, using sprites and there are not so many 2d games out there, is harder to find games like this now days and of course is hard to find a dedicated can willing to code a game in 2d, and at the same time be an expert in colision box, 2d game mechanics and those those details. trust me it is hard, I've been working on this for 5 years and I haven't seen a fan which happends to be mk fan, programmer and 2d game geek willing to put this together

I understand your point, but that is a 3d based game, ours is a 2d based game, using sprites and there are not so many 2d games out there, is harder to find games like this now days and of course is hard to find a dedicated can willing to code a game in 2d, and at the same time be an expert in colision box, 2d game mechanics and those those details. trust me it is hard, I've been working on this for 5 years and I haven't seen a fan which happends to be mk fan, programmer and 2d game geek willing to put this together

Yes I trust you, I hope Mortal Kombat HD Remix Mugen do not stop and soon become the dream of so many fans as I wait for this game in HD

(And sorry for my bad English too, I'm from Brazil, Brazilian)

Yes I trust you, I hope Mortal Kombat HD Remix Mugen do not stop and soon become the dream of so many fans as I wait for this game in HD

(And sorry for my bad English too, I'm from Brazil, Brazilian)

don't worry about your english man, hahah I'm from Dominican Republic. I'm Latino hehe

Isn't it possible to make a sprite game in Unreal? The problem really is that the engine is hell hard to learn:(
But wait. All sprites here are actually renders of 3D models. So, realistic models of MK1 characters exist, and even animations are already made. What if you take the models and make MKHD based on 3D like MK9 or MKX?

don't worry about your english man, hahah I'm from Dominican Republic. I'm Latino hehe

Isn't it possible to make a sprite game in Unreal? The problem really is that the engine is hell hard to learn:(
But wait. All sprites here are actually renders of 3D models. So, realistic models of MK1 characters exist, and even animations are already made. What if you take the models and make MKHD based on 3D like MK9 or MKX?

arq_hawkin, I agree with Sub-Zera is it possible to make two versions in 2D and 3D?

arq_hawkin, I agree with Sub-Zera is it possible to make two versions in 2D and 3D?

Not sure about 2 versions. You can't imagine how much time and effort does it need to make at least one version. Years. And don't forget, this is all for free, no one will make money on this. Where will you find a volunteer who will make 2 versions?))) I just wanted to say, if it's impossible to find a person, who would be all-in-one: MK fan, a programmer AND good in 2D making (which is really rare), probably this would be a little bit easier to find a programmer, who is good in modern 3D and a fan of modern MK style (MKX), so, he/she would make a 3D MK1 in MKX style in Unreal... Especially as long as the rigged models are already made.

Mugen can handle 1080p, even in my 4 years old laptop. What resolution are you targeting?

As I remember, you can't release a full game, but you can release single characters, fully coded, and stages separately.

Can't you just release characters and stages for mugen? Then you can even make a screen pack with custom MK mechanics so everyone can join the files togheter.

Or are you waiting for all characters to be complete and release a single multi character?

Mugen can handle 1080p, but once you have enough sprites for that resolution, the system begins to crash a lot, like every time you run the game. I was able to get one character, and the UI, but when I added the game intro animations, the system couldn't handle it. Goro lives text and other UI animations. I can run other games on my computer like MK2011 and Killer Instinct 3 no problem, but mugen will crash with enough HD sprites in it.

I use 1080p UI, characters and stages and never crashed. Actually it's a bit more then 1080p, but downscaled.

However my characters don't have much frames of animation. I can see that happening, and on top of that this remake looks like it's using a LOT more frames per character then the original game. And if you use a single file with all characters that could be a lot worse.

Have you tried using IKEMEN?

No I'm not messing with mugen or mugen clones at the moment, I'm working with Unreal instead. It's taking me a long time to make something with it though, it's a lot more complicated than mugen.

Hey guys -

I know a ton of you are contributing to this project, and it's super awesome.

You may know me, and my artists' Anthony and Tommy. We are reaching out to those involved to see if we would be able to possibly utilize some of your stuff in our MK Encyclopedia project?

You can reach me better on twitter - @encyclopediamk, or @anthonywenc

I'll still be on here, but wanted to ask permission. From one fan project to another!

Great work again, and thank you for doing all of this. It truly is incredible.

Hey Ninja_arts,

Is this sanctioned by NRS and WB? Will this encyclopedia be sold? Was this a kickstarter or indie gogo? Is this hardcover or digital distribution only? Did Shawn Kittelsen officially join this project? How are you paying him? Do you have a publisher? PM me and we can talk about this privately via email if you prefer.