Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

But lack a lot to finish the mortal kombat 1? From what I saw, it has all the characters, stages ... so lack the programming (Mugen)? Sektor was very good !!!

not all characters are finished, most of them are... and yes, no programming right now, also we can't finish this game, WARNER BROTHERS got in contact with one of us and asked us to stop... so, it's a shame but, no game in the near future.

not all characters are finished, most of them are... and yes, no programming right now, also we can't finish this game, WARNER BROTHERS got in contact with one of us and asked us to stop... so, it's a shame but, no game in the near future.

yes WARNER BROTHERS contacted one of you ....
but that's no reason to stop the MKHD Mugen because Mugen is a free software and you guys are not using the original own software them and you guys searching to see has several Mugen made with CAPCOM of characters like Street Fighter, Marvel Super heroes, X-men vs. Street .... as other the King Of Fighters .... several others made their complete versions with various characters and still did not stop the project.

you guys will stop even using free software Mugen?

Haven't posted in this thread before, but I have been following this project since the first post, and just wanted to congratulate and thank everyone here for the amazing job they have been doing. To see people so talented working together on this shows how much MK fans love and care about the franchise, something really wonderful, becase that's exactly the love, time invested and attention to detail the MK franchise needs and deserves.
Again, great job everyone!

yes WARNER BROTHERS contacted one of you ....
Sadly, if they are using free software or not can't stop WB at all, because the reason they want to stop it is unrelated to the software used, but to the franchise itself instead. I'm a fraid, it wouldn't be the first time a fan-made project, created with free software and even distributed for free on the internet has been shut down either. That's the tricky part of fan-made stuff.

Haven't posted in this thread before, but I have been following this project since the first post, and just wanted to congratulate and thank everyone here for the amazing job they have been doing. To see people so talented working together on this shows how much MK fans love and care about the franchise, something really wonderful, becase that's exactly the love, time invested and attention to detail the MK franchise needs and deserves.
Again, great job everyone!

Sadly, if they are using free software or not can't stop WB at all, because the reason they want to stop it is unrelated to the software used, but to the franchise itself instead. I'm a fraid, it wouldn't be the first time a fan-made project, created with free software and even distributed for free on the internet has been shut down either. That's the tricky part of fan-made stuff.

But, let's say the game was ready. It fell on the internet and everyone was happy playing! Who would be harmed? How could Warner charge the rights if the game was developed by people, say anonymous?

But, let's say the game was ready. It fell on the internet and everyone was happy playing! Who would be harmed? How could Warner charge the rights if the game was developed by people, say anonymous?

That's not a risk anyone who is involved with this project would be willing to take. Basically, WB will hold us accountable for releasing a game without their permission. They don't need to prove we were the developers but rather that our artwork was demonstrated in a playable format. Something the explicitly prohibited. Now in reality that case would likely not go to court but if WB wanted to, they could make any of us run up devastating legal fees trying to defend ourselves.

I'm really so sad with what happened here. I'm not posting much, but I'm always around this thread as MK1 HD was the most expected MK for me, even more than MKX. Yes, I'm an old-school gamer and Klassic MK remakes are what I can't wait even more than official MKX, MK11 or whatever. I recently heard that WB sold the MK and Injustice franchise to other big company. If this is true, there's still a chance everything will turn a good way.
Guys, who exactly contacted you and told to cancel this project? Some person from WB, right? But WB are not the owners of MK anymore, so, probably you can continue?:)

Or... let's imagine. You post here all the progress. Every sprite (ready sprites), music. MUGEN is a free program, whoever may have it. Here are already hundreds and thousands of viewers of this topic. So, theoretically, whoever could collect all the sprites and "finish" this game, not any of you, guys. Just let's imagine: some months or years will pass, and suddenly the finished MK HD leaks in the web released by the unknown person. The game gets downloaded very fast and many times, than it gets shared everywhere by different people, and no one never knows who was the first who released it. What will WB do? What can they do? NOTHING. No one to punish. We must think how to use this!:)

Last edited:
I understand your idea. The trouble with that is WB knows it's our artwork so that wouldn't be very wise. They could attack us and the burden of proof to defend ourselves then lies on us.

I'm really so sad with what happened here. I'm not posting much, but I'm always around this thread as MK1 HD was the most expected MK for me, even more than MKX. Yes, I'm an old-school gamer and Klassic MK remakes are what I can't wait even more than official MKX, MK11 or whatever. I recently heard that WB sold the MK and Injustice franchise to other big company. If this is true, there's still a chance everything will turn a good way.
Guys, who exactly contacted you and told to cancel this project? Some person from WB, right? But WB are not the owners of MK anymore, so, probably you can continue?:)

Or... let's imagine. You post here all the progress. Every sprite (ready sprites), music. MUGEN is a free program, whoever may have it. Here are already hundreds and thousands of viewers of this topic. So, theoretically, whoever could collect all the sprites and "finish" this game, not any of you, guys. Just let's imagine: some months or years will pass, and suddenly the finished MK HD leaks in the web released by the unknown person. The game gets downloaded very fast and many times, than it gets shared everywhere by different people, and no one never knows who was the first who released it. What will WB do? What can they do? NOTHING. No one to punish. We must think how to use this!:)

I understand your idea. The trouble with that is WB knows it's our artwork so that wouldn't be very wise. They could attack us and the burden of proof to defend ourselves then lies on us.

Yes .. but is it impossible to launch the game as anonymous?
I agree with Sub-Zera ..
It is not necessary to put the names of the developers in Mugen MKHD and yes put anonymous

Putting anonymous IMO would be bad. Like you do an big work for an project and they call you anonymous only to hide from WB? :/

Sub-Zera, same. I'm an old-school MK gamer and I see this forum sometimes and I like the progress a lot. Also, if WB sold MK, who's the new company that has the rights of it? Any news about that, someone knows?

PD: Sorry for my bad English, I'm from Argentina. ;)

Last edited:
Unless there is a reputable source to confirm otherwise, WB still owns the rights to MK. I don't know where such claims came from.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Hello if I am not mistaken you can post your characters as long as they are not playable what I can think of is that when they finish all the game is distributed separately and that the user is in charge of making it work so there are no problems with wb

Hello if I am not mistaken you can post your characters as long as they are not playable what I can think of is that when they finish all the game is distributed separately and that the user is in charge of making it work so there are no problems with wb

It's a good idea to distribute the game in coded parts and each user would be responsible for the game to work ... and put rights information that is not responsible for company claims.

Mugen can't handle this game anyway at the resolution we wanted, we got to a point where it was just crashing from running out of memory.

It is not necessary to put the names of the developers in Mugen MKHD and yes put anonymous

Or even place another names:)
Or... I just wanted to say, all sprites are published here for free. Probably the models too (aren't they? Say yes, say yes). So, really this is VERY POSSIBLE that any of the viewers (for example me, or not me) maybe already collected these materials and ALREADY making his/her own version of MK HD. I just wanted to say, WB never can certainly say WHO finished the project. Especially if there will be another names. Calactyte, did you and other guys publish your real names or adresses anyhere here? No? So, you are just custom nicknames on the forum, how can they find real persons even if they decide?... Looks impossible.
You places so much time, effort and love to this... IT's NOT FAIR just to cancel the project...

Also, if WB sold MK, who's the new company that has the rights of it? Any news about that, someone knows?

Oh, a stupid me... sorry, looks like that was a mistake or something. I definitely read this on some Russian MK forums and there even were links to the source, but I can't find WHERE I saw this as I viewed very much forums:) So, sorry, don't take it as truth, that really might be fake. Sorry again for the mess, I just was SOO HAPPY with these news hoping the new owner will probably do what WB didn't: create Klassic MK remake(s).

And sorry for my bad English too, I'm from Russia)

Mugen can't handle this game anyway at the resolution we wanted, we got to a point where it was just crashing from running out of memory.

That's very bad... Probably try any other engine? Unreal or Unity?...

Last edited:

That's very bad... Probably try any other engine? Unreal or Unity?...

If the current world does not support the graphics quality in HD could try other engines as Sub-Zera said ... a good idea not to abandon this long-awaited project....

Look at an example of a youtube user CryZENx, he did not reveal the name and did several games in HD using the new Unreal Engine made games like Super Mario, SONIC and Super Metroid and Zelda in HD could even hire the guy to join the team or Make MKHD a reality

Last edited:
If the current world does not support the graphics quality in HD could try other engines as Sub-Zera said ... a good idea not to abandon this long-awaited project....

Look at an example of a youtube user CryZENx, he did not reveal the name and did several games in HD using the new Unreal Engine made games like Super Mario, SONIC and Super Metroid and Zelda in HD could even hire the guy to join the team or Make MKHD a reality

that guy didn't make any game in hd, he did some characters and loaded them into an existing stage, that is playable but just if you think that bumping into rocks and building is a full hd remake of a game.

that guy didn't make any game in hd, he did some characters and loaded them into an existing stage, that is playable but just if you think that bumping into rocks and building is a full hd remake of a game.

Yes my idea is if the mugen does not support the graphics in HD and speed, you can use this engine that this guy used there that is unreal engine
Yes he used the characters but I tell the companies the characters did not forbid him to do this
Our dream is to see the MKHD become Reality and not fail as the WB did itself tried to do but what they did launched the same games with the same graphics.