Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Awesome job guys, I'm always following this thread!

Im gonna ask something a little off-topic but... does anybody knows where can I get the MK1 Test Your Might sprites?

Very nice work. Since he's rigged will we see animations soon? Also, are you only interested in working him? Are there other characters you'd be interested in working on? Also what software package do you use? 3ds Max? Maya? Blender? What render? built-in/vray/mental ray/arnold/final render? Something else?

Very nice work. Since he's rigged will we see animations soon? Also, are you only interested in working him? Are there other characters you'd be interested in working on? Also what software package do you use? 3ds Max? Maya? Blender? What render? built-in/vray/mental ray/arnold/final render? Something else?

Pose victory test

sektor is my favorite character, when he learned of the idea of creating an HD remake of the games I decided to try ... never thought about doing another character, at least to finish this ...
I hope to get the closest to the original, it is extremely difficult, I know, but I count on the help guys ...
ah ... I use 3D blender

Okay, S4m, I think you deserve a more compelling response after all the hardwork you obviously took to create that Sektor and animation, so here it is:

The animation and model look flawless to my eye. The reason I am not crazy about it is that Sektor is not a MK1 character, so what you're doing is an isolated effort that may or (most likely) may not turn out into a real game. Is not that I preffer playing MK1 either, but rather that MK1HD has been evolving a long time already and we all want to see it growing. Then you come and show something really cool, something that invites us all to dream with a HD collection of classic MK games, but also reminds us that this is just not happening, and that you're doing something that doesn't help the project...

This is why people like what you're doing but don't feel too inclined to cheer you up or whatever. Maybe if you decided to use that talent and passion into something that could be seen as a real contribution to MK1HD, maybe then people would be a lot more enthusiastic.

Don't take it the wrong way, tho. This is a hobby, nobody is paying you, I'm just talking... and now I'm done talking.

Regards.

hey carz thanks for your comment and trust me, is not that we don't want to comment on his sektor, which btw looks really good, is just that commenting that model will take so long and I don't have so much free time this days, but here you go:
[MENTION=17483]S4m[/MENTION]
congrats man, really good job on sektor there are many things that can be fixed but here are some comments:
first of all, the model:
shaders look good but there is a problem with his body, proportions and sculpting, maybe you used the old method polygon modeling and not sculpting cause right now even though the model looks really good the body looks really soft, like if it was a women in tights, his feet look kind of flat and you should add seams and wrinkles to add realism to your model, I know you might be following the sprites a 100% but remember so many details were lost due to the bad graphic quality.
the glasses on his mask should be really reflective, like real glasses.
the skirt shouldn't have wrinkles in it, that is an armor, not cloth
your proportions look great, the helmet looks like a helmet, not a head, is just that for example the legs, should feel more like legs and not tubes.

the animation is good, but you are remaking the original 6 sprites, in an hd remake that should be like 30 sprites so it feels smooth, I know you might feel like someone will still your hard work but you can post your animations in a little bit bigger quality, there is not much I can tell you about with that few sprites and that poor quality, it looks too noisy.

I hope you don't take it like I'm saying to many bad things but if you wanna step up your game you have to work hard and if you ever feel like not fixing what we say, go back and check how liu started and how he finished LOL.

keep up the good work man, and even though that's not MK1 related is good to see more people sharing good work here.

regards

I agree with some of your points, but on others I don't think it's as bad as you make it seem.
shaders look good but there is a problem with his body, proportions and sculpting, maybe you used the old method polygon modeling and not sculpting cause right now even though the model looks really good the body looks really soft, like if it was a women in tights
Isn't that what the costumes actually were? Full body tights?

the glasses on his mask should be really reflective, like real glasses.
That probably wasn't in the original but would probably look amazing too.

the skirt shouldn't have wrinkles in it, that is an armor, not cloth
This is the part I agree with the most.
The loincloth thing is supposed to be composed of rigid plates.
Right now it looks like textured cloth.

your proportions look great, the helmet looks like a helmet, not a head, is just that for example the legs, should feel more like legs and not tubes.
And this is the one I disagree with.
Looking at the posed pics above, I kinda like the legs.
Care to elaborate what you're seeing wrong with them?

the animation is good, but you are remaking the original 6 sprites, in an hd remake that should be like 30 sprites so it feels smooth
I agree with you saying "the animation is good" if by that you mean that it matches the original.
In real world terms though, the legs' animation doesn't make any sense.
They're just popping into place with no transition.

Also, like arq said, while we're pointing out mostly bad things, I really look the model.
There's MUCH more things that are right about it than things that need changing.
Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
I agree with some of your points, but on others I don't think it's as bad as you make it seem.

Isn't that what the costumes actually were? Full body tights?

That probably wasn't in the original but would probably look amazing too.

This is the part I agree with the most.
The loincloth thing is supposed to be composed of rigid plates.
Right now it looks like textured cloth.

And this is the one I disagree with.
Looking at the posed pics above, I kinda like the legs.
Care to elaborate what you're seeing wrong with them?

I agree with you saying "the animation is good" if by that you mean that it matches the original.
In real world terms, the legs' animation doesn't make any sense.
They're just popping into place with no transition.

Also, like arq said, while we're pointing out mostly bad things, I really look the model.
There's MUCH more things that are right about it than things that need changing.
Keep up the good work!

totally agree with you [MENTION=16370]uKER[/MENTION] is just that If I would be making the model I would be adding so much more detail, cause in the original sprites you couldn't define what was what other than the body and armor, that leaves a lot of chance for improvement, and I said it before, there are so much great things in his model, but there are a few other things that can be fixed, I love his sektor, but with those comments applied I would love it even more LOl.

Guys, I follow the forum, but I spent more than three months away and lost myself completely the work of Mortal Kombat HD. Anyone know tell me if the Mortal Kombat 1 has already been finalized? It prediction is going to release? I look forward to see running this beautiful project. How are people modeling Sektor, I believe has already been finalized the first game. Someone can answer me? Hugs to all!

:grin:

thanks for sticking aroud [MENTION=13562]thyagomk[/MENTION], sad but true.. there is no MK1 game or demo, what you see up there, that secktor model was done by a fan and he shared it because he wanted to share it but we don't even have plans for an MK1 demo.

thanks for sticking aroud [MENTION=13562]thyagomk[/MENTION], sad but true.. there is no MK1 game or demo, what you see up there, that secktor model was done by a fan and he shared it because he wanted to share it but we don't even have plans for an MK1 demo.

But lack a lot to finish the mortal kombat 1? From what I saw, it has all the characters, stages ... so lack the programming (Mugen)? Sektor was very good !!!