Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Yeah, I don't think the sleeves are an issue.
The only thing I would change is his raising his hands be slower and more ceremonious.
Shang does not look like a hyperkinetic character.
I was thinking that it could be fixed during the animation, but the whole cloth dynamics will be off if slowed down too far.

I've been lurking in this thread for a few years and I just have to say while I'm on here that I am VERY impressed! I've always LOVED seeing progress on this project and think you guys have done a magnificent job!

Idk if you guys can still publish a final functioning project due to WB and all with copyright/fair-use nonsense, but the dedication is impressive! Great job!

I insist: leave it as it is and move forward. Also, it would be very good is you were working in two different characters at the same time. This would help you prevent getting bored.

The most important thing for this project, right now, is that you keep making progress. Tsung is not a playable character. It's more than good enough the way that victory pose is.

So I recommend you to diversify your work and keep accumulating progress. It may get other people interested in helping you out, or at the very least, keep you motivated. Without you, everything would be for nothing, and there's too much progress already to throw this project into oblivion.

From my point of view, you should be picky only in certain key animations like standing, walking... things like that, to resemble the original game, but a quick punch or whatever wouldn't really matter if it's a little bit different from the sprites or whatever. Tsung is good, now give us Cage, Kano or whatever!

I thought Tsung wasn't going to have legs in 99% of his animations. Eitherway, he should wear pants. Notice the fall down *dead* animation. Also I asume the last part of the video can be used as a loop, correct? Because you need a loop in case the player or the CPU decide to hold B for a long time.

Otherwise, I'm okay with his floating leg, and I'm okay if you decide to eliminate it. However, for the sake of continuity and logic, it is good that you're giving him legs. He has them in all MK games, right? Making him a "floating boss" is a nice balance between the two concepts, as in MK1 he had legs after all.

A final comment: I would really love that you could make the interior of his "skirt" darker, as with shadows or just with a different (darker) tone. It would add to realism, I think.

In arcade MK1 legs were removed manually. They were visible on limited amount of frames.
I suggest to add shadow in incision of skirt. It will look better and more close to MK1 style.

My idea would be to have the right knee bent so that the right foot is next to the left knee.
Kinda like when super heroes fly in place.
This would also make it easier to keep consistency instead of having to explicitly remove the feet in selected animations.

Five years ago today, some random guy "spawned" this thread. So now, in '16, you have to reflect at the work that's been accomplished here and marvel at the dedication and persistence. So today, I say...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, MK HD REMIX THREAD!!

I guess I should say a few words on what this thread in particular has meant to me given we've just gone beyond 5 years. In October 2011 I had recently started a new job as a creative leader to win an advertising pitch to a large cosmetics firm. I had previously done a lot of creative work for another large cosmetics firm and as such I was enticed (a.k.a they threw a lot of money at me) to join on and help them win this cosmetics client's business, worth 2 million dollars. For me this was my dream job in advertising. Although I'd enjoyed some terrific success under some amazing creative talent, this job was meant to signify me having truly "arrived". I spent about 3 weeks preparing my new team for the pitch and when we met the client, I'd thought for sure we'd won the business. Unfortunately I was informed at the end of the presentation that we did not win. We'd beaten 22 other ad agencies up until that point but not this time. Typically when you lose a pitch which happens quite often in advertising, you'll head back to the office to do a post mortem on what could be done better the next time around. In advertising pitches cost ad agencies thousands of dollars so it's a necessary step to try to improve for the good of the agency and the people working at it.

Upon arriving at the office I met with the executive creative director who had already been informed that we didn't win. He asks me to follow him into his office so we could talk about it more and there I was greeted by the head of human resources. Well on this day I was fired on the spot from my dream job.

I was completely lost for words and beyond depressed. Now I've been a gamer since I was 5 years old and games is typically where I'll go to escape reality at a time like this. It was right around this time of course that I'd heard that MKHD was cancelled. Worst. Day. Ever. I needed good news and so not being one to give up, I searched and found this thread which had started about 15-20 days earlier than I discovered it. Over the next 6 months while I was seeking a full-time job, this place, you guys helped keep my head above water. Meeting some of the most passionate Mortal Kombat fans and working toward a common goal was so very good for me. The right medicine at exactly the right time.

So it's my turn now to say thank you. Thanks to this community. Thanks to everyone who's ever had anything positive to say about this project. Thanks for teaching me humility. I'm humbled time and time again by talent and passion that I've interacted with during the course of these 5 years. It's really truly meant so much to me.

I guess I should say a few words on what this thread in particular has meant to me given we've just gone beyond 5 years. In October 2011 I had recently started a new job as a creative leader to win an advertising pitch to a large cosmetics firm. I had previously done a lot of creative work for another large cosmetics firm and as such I was enticed (a.k.a they threw a lot of money at me) to join on and help them win this cosmetics client's business, worth 2 million dollars. For me this was my dream job in advertising. Although I'd enjoyed some terrific success under some amazing creative talent, this job was meant to signify me having truly "arrived". I spent about 3 weeks preparing my new team for the pitch and when we met the client, I'd thought for sure we'd won the business. Unfortunately I was informed at the end of the presentation that we did not win. We'd beaten 22 other ad agencies up until that point but not this time. Typically when you lose a pitch which happens quite often in advertising, you'll head back to the office to do a post mortem on what could be done better the next time around. In advertising pitches cost ad agencies thousands of dollars so it's a necessary step to try to improve for the good of the agency and the people working at it.

Upon arriving at the office I met with the executive creative director who had already been informed that we didn't win. He asks me to follow him into his office so we could talk about it more and there I was greeted by the head of human resources. Well on this day I was fired on the spot from my dream job.

I was completely lost for words and beyond depressed. Now I've been a gamer since I was 5 years old and games is typically where I'll go to escape reality at a time like this. It was right around this time of course that I'd heard that MKHD was cancelled. Worst. Day. Ever. I needed good news and so not being one to give up, I searched and found this thread which had started about 15-20 days earlier than I discovered it. Over the next 6 months while I was seeking a full-time job, this place, you guys helped keep my head above water. Meeting some of the most passionate Mortal Kombat fans and working toward a common goal was so very good for me. The right medicine at exactly the right time.

So it's my turn now to say thank you. Thanks to this community. Thanks to everyone who's ever had anything positive to say about this project. Thanks for teaching me humility. I'm humbled time and time again by talent and passion that I've interacted with during the course of these 5 years. It's really truly meant so much to me.

then this mortal kombat hd project was canceled?
you left the project?
my dream and see MKHD in action