Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Great project and thanks for these great models. I played some MUGEN games but the fighting mechanics always fells a bit ... not ready :) In terms of balance, is there any chance that the combo system could optimized that it feels like UMK3? Impossible or it's "just" a matter of coding time/skills?

You're killing it, man.
Impressive work.

I only see some odd flapping in the cloth around the edge of the sleeve, but it's not a big deal.

I've been following this issue a few years ago and you have totally impressed me. Slowly and together you doing the dream of many fans actually and with unimaginable quality, to be a non-professional work. To all who are contributing our bit, my most sincere congratulations. These animations of Kano are amazing!

Great work on Shang.
The model looks great, but there's some positioning and proportioning issues that aren't looking quite right yet.

I know you weren't particularly missing these, but this time I just felt I had to do it.

sOtDsiX.jpg

The whole stance is supposed to be practically identical to Johnny Cage's, with the left foot stepping far ahead of the right one (which will make the frame widen at the bottom), and the body leaning backwards.
The torso and waist I think need to be much larger, and the head should be a bit larger too.
The right elbow should be almost touching the body at the waist, not suspended at shoulder height. Again, think Johnny Cage's stance, not MK2 Scorpion.
The left elbow should be flexed and much closer to the body than it currently is, and the forearm should be angled slightly upwards and towards the camera.
The bottom darker strip of the robe is supposed to be much thinner, and the robe I think has these vertical folds which I crudely tried to portray. I also added a bit of saturation to it.
The belt I think is supposed to be the same blue as the top of the robe.
Finally, the katana should be much thicker and black, not so much gray.

Sorry for being a pain (as I usually am :)) but I hope these help.
Regardless of all of this stuff I'm pointing out, the model is looking amazing.

Last edited:
here is the updated stance, thanks a lot uker for your comments

[video]https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_JfpK8bWTJVZFpOTnljcl9BMDg[/video]

I was just going to complain about the hair, asking if there was something that could be done to make it look better. Then I saw your video and I think it looks a lot better than I expected in motion.

If you don't mind me to speak my mind, Ark, I think Tsung is incredibly important to the overall quality. I know it should be a pain in the ass to revisit your works, but Tsung has the advantage of having only a few moves. I would suggest you to request Uker's criticism, if only for the stand animation (and maybe the walk one too, I mean the most visible ones), in order to make it look as good as possible.

At this point, I think everyone alredy know this is a proyect that takes time and commitment. We're not really helping, excepting to offer you guys our support, and we know we must wait, so... I'd say, keep it alive, and let the dragon flame burst at its best.

Also, forget about losers who steal shit to do ultimate shitty works. Just ignore them and keep posting animations. Lower the quality if you feel you must, but understand this is a huge world and everything that is good is destined to drag all kinds of people, including idiots.

Ignore them man. They cannot hurt this project and nobody will download their garbage unless they have brain damage. Remember you got also good attention (Ed Boon and others). Don't dissapoint old Boon (and us) by hidding the progress, EVER! Even Ed Boon got ripped off with tons of Mugen trashy projects, but that didn't stopped him, right?

Then again, there are people from time to time who manage to honor dedicated artists, like you've done to Boon's original MK, and like others did to this project.

--J-U-S-T - - I-G-N-O-R-E - - T-H-E-M...--

Last edited: