Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

I checked video and your progress looks promising. Also Goro/Liu Kang require more animations for better physics.
And... Why Goro's portrait looks completely destroyed?) Like I'm back to MK MUGEN scene in 2006-2008 years.

Last edited:
I just read this entire thread from start to finish these past few days, all 655 pages. It may sound cheesy but i feel like i know some of you guys now. As some one who grew up playing in the arcades, this is beyond amazing. I remember when Mortal Kombat first arrived, the air of excitement and mystery it had at our local arcade. It was the game that finally broke the stranglehold StreetFighter II had on me. To Bleed, Cal, Arq, Uker, Cris, etc. a sincere thanks for all the hard work and dedication that has been shown by each and everyone of you. Bleed you are simply amazing, i can't believe you aren't at a gaming studio right now. Arq and Cris, the improvements you two have made in your skills in such a short amount of time is awe inspiring. Uker, your eye for detail and being steadfast on pointing out the things that need to be pointed out is commendable. You have gotten some unjustified slack for it but it raised everyones game to another level. Cal, i think you have been misunderstood a lot. Some of that your fault and some people not understanding your position. You have been called arrogant, rude and untalented among other things but more than anyone you "seem" to be the most invested in this. Like it's your baby and people are very protective of their babies. So i understand why sometimes you seem to take even small slights to the project very personal. I think a lot of what you do is unseen and thankless work to those who don't know better but keeping people motivated, organised and focused on the task at hand isn't easy. So when people don't seem to appreciate that or your very real contributions i know it isn't easy but sometimes you have to be the bigger man. Anyways, i didn't think i would end up writing that much but good luck moving forward.

[MENTION=28159]jdotwilliams[/MENTION] Not only you read 655 pages of our crap, but you signed up just to post that.
You, sir, are a hero. :D

[MENTION=15127]arq_hawkin[/MENTION] Loved to see Goro and LK duking it out. There's still some work to be done with the animations, but it's looking awesome. I don't think I had seen Liu's fatality before, right? Looked spot on.

[MENTION=28159]jdotwilliams[/MENTION] Not only you read 655 pages of our crap, but you signed up just to post that.
You, sir, are a hero. :D

[MENTION=15127]arq_hawkin[/MENTION] Loved to see Goro and LK duking it out. There's still some work to be done with the animations, but it's looking awesome. I don't think I had seen Liu's fatality before, right? Looked spot on.

Thanks man, as I said, they can do a lot more than what you see on video but you have to play with him to realise..
[MENTION=28159]jdotwilliams[/MENTION] welcome man, and thanks a lot for your comments, I want you to know I did the same thing you did when I found this forum, I scrolled Page By Page every post and I was amazed with the things I said, so much that I had to be part of this, even though I knew nothing, about it.. so, welcome again and enjoy the ride

Hah jdotwilliams,

It's almost like you are in my head sir. Thanks so much for understanding my position. As uKER said you are a hero for reading through all of that.

I just read this entire thread from start to finish these past few days, all 655 pages. It may sound cheesy but i feel like i know some of you guys now. As some one who grew up playing in the arcades, this is beyond amazing. I remember when Mortal Kombat first arrived, the air of excitement and mystery it had at our local arcade. It was the game that finally broke the stranglehold StreetFighter II had on me. To Bleed, Cal, Arq, Uker, Cris, etc. a sincere thanks for all the hard work and dedication that has been shown by each and everyone of you. Bleed you are simply amazing, i can't believe you aren't at a gaming studio right now. Arq and Cris, the improvements you two have made in your skills in such a short amount of time is awe inspiring. Uker, your eye for detail and being steadfast on pointing out the things that need to be pointed out is commendable. You have gotten some unjustified slack for it but it raised everyones game to another level. Cal, i think you have been misunderstood a lot. Some of that your fault and some people not understanding your position. You have been called arrogant, rude and untalented among other things but more than anyone you "seem" to be the most invested in this. Like it's your baby and people are very protective of their babies. So i understand why sometimes you seem to take even small slights to the project very personal. I think a lot of what you do is unseen and thankless work to those who don't know better but keeping people motivated, organised and focused on the task at hand isn't easy. So when people don't seem to appreciate that or your very real contributions i know it isn't easy but sometimes you have to be the bigger man. Anyways, i didn't think i would end up writing that much but good luck moving forward.

Waza guys. I'm follow this project from start , since 2012 ..I guess.... however, almost every day I come to read the topic.
How you protect your job? I mean. if someone took these GIF animations and use them? Otherwise the stuff just get better and better, even me angry how well it is done and that ... maybe there will be no game at all.
Sorry for my English .

if someone took these GIF animations and use them?
I think it's late for such questions.. Many backgrounds were utilized in MUGEN already.
And better situation with characters. Nobody will take single animations obviously.

About Shang Tsung's model.. I think white clothes texture looks very different.
And character looks much better than previous attempt.