Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Sorry for posting this here, I know it's the wrong place, but I don't have enough posts to make a topic in general discussion. Please can someone post this awesome news in general MK discussion? -

6-inch CLASSIC MK action figures coming from Storm Collectibles!!

http://news.toyark.com/2015/07/22/s...ic-figures-at-seoul-kid-and-adult-fair-170416

To keep on topic, while I am beyond excited about this news, that Goro is pretty off, particularly the head. Wish it was more like the 3D version seen in this thread!

sektor update

The animation appears wooden to me even for a robot. You'll probably need to look at your animation curves and see if they are linearly keyed. As for the helmet area, the grimey texture is swimming over your model and it's pretty distracting. The proportions and modeling is outstanding, and looks like he is rigged up right as far as I can tell. So nice work there.

As calactyte said, the quality of the model is outstanding.
However, yeah, the left wrist is doing some weird inwards bend as it moves towards the camera, and the animation in the right forearm is nowhere near as smooth as it should be. The right hand should move in some more natural elliptical motion.
The swaying at the hip could use some smoothing too. It looks like it's hitting something as it moves forward.

About the grime in the helmet, I think it's just the diffussion pattern in the GIF. It's all over the model, not just on the helmet.

You may have too many key frames, You might try doing as much as possible between two poses, using only the curve editor.

For example of pose difference, You would split at 360 turn in to 5 poses.

0 degrees
90 degrees
180 degrees
and keep going every 90 degrees or so.

Also turn on the trajectory display, to see if your motions are smooth.

It leaves a trail as the joint moves around, and you can see sharp angles or maybe wobbly motions, and use that to help you get a smoother animation.

You could post a screen capture of the motion curves for your hands for example, and we can post some feed back on that.

Render the animation and play it on a quick time player, so you can scrub through it back and forth, and notice any hitches. It helps me more than watching it play in the 3D viewport.

Focus your eye on a small area, like his right hand, and follow it with your eye for a while. Do you notice what is wrong, do you know how to fix it? It's usually, making the curves flow more smoothly, or there are too many key frames for a simple motion.

For example if you have something like an S shape on the curve. You probably only need 3 key frames to make it look smooth. If you have more, you will tend to get more of a jittery animation. It's something you have to play around with, it depends on the animation you are looking for, but it's a general rule I try to follow.

as you all said, the model looks really good but I agree with the animation. and about the thing on the helmet (or the whole body), I think that just noise due to the low quality of the preview render.
[MENTION=17483]S4m[/MENTION] you can check an animation very similar that bleed made a few years ago I guess, baraka's fight stance, and I mean similar cause they have this kind of going back and forth animation... use it a guide and try to mimic that motion as close as possible but with your own keyframes.

Oh yeah, I haven't messed with rendering for a while, but using MentalRay or Vray, I was having a lot of trouble getting renders free of noise.

I did a lot of searching online to find ways of fixing it, but could never totally get rid of that noise. With MentalRay, you have to pre-bake the lighting, then render with a blend between 3 frames or so.

I wonder if that noise that is standing still on your animation, is the result of mapping a noise texture to the world, instead of to the mesh UVs. I've seen this before, check what mapping style the texture is set to.

Those look great.
The only gripe I have is that there's no way the grounded foot will rotate relative to the floor once the other foot is lifted.
That looks odd.

Hello Cris,
Nice job on the animations, I think they are good (except the rotation of the foot on the ground, as uKER said)
However, I have noticed a new little mistake on Sonya's attire (luckily, it's only noticeable on the 3 last animations).
The cut of her brief is not accurate with the original game. You made the back of her brief too large (in the original MK, it's a thong)
I have made a picture in order to show it.
I agree it's not very noticeable on the original sprite for the low kick (because of the shadow) but it becomes clearly obvious on the sweeping kick and the roundhouse kick (the two sprites I have add on the bottom).

Sonya_corrections_zps4btn9p4k.png

That's funny because NRS made the same mistake with Sonya's classic costume DLC, LOL