Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

I agree. The animation quality is very good. Well done Cris.
Can I ask how you've made the head explosion?

edit: btw I'm not sure if it's an oversight, but when she bends her knees, they get very flat.

First, I made a copy of the head of Sonya and then added a few layers of skin "dermis and hypodermis" also added a brain for her.
Second, I used the Particle System + explosion simulator + a transparent floor to collide with the head fragments.

Nice work there, arq!
Here's one of these.
Long time since I made one. Guess you didn't miss them too much though. :p

kitanazbrush2_zpsqhwo9dil.gif~original

The overall thing looks good, but she seems to have some old lady vibe to her physique, due to:
- Sagging boobs (they look too square-ish. Should be rounder and not reach that far back on the ribcage)
- The thighs being too thick towards the bottom.
- The ribcage looking too top heavy.
- The waist looking too thick.

Also, the mask makes the face look too long. Guess the actual face model is OK though.

Last edited:
First, I made a copy of the head of Sonya and then added a few layers of skin "dermis and hypodermis" also added a brain for her.
Second, I used the Particle System + explosion simulator + a transparent floor to collide with the head fragments.

Nice work on Sonya's animations. Did I miss the one with her blowing the kiss for her fatality or you haven't done that one yet?

Maybe I've been away for more than I thought, but there's loads of Sonya's animations that haven't been done, aren't there?
I don't think I've seen any of her attacks.

I seem to remember her punching and kicking moves being done but you could be right.

Maybe I've been away for more than I thought, but there's loads of Sonya's animations that haven't been done, aren't there?
I don't think I've seen any of her attacks.

Hi arq ^^
Your Kitana looks nice, good job. Also, I agee with all that uKER noticed about her anatomy.
If you don't mind, I will try to give you some feedback about other stuff like haircut and the her attire (warning, I will nitpick a lot, lol).

The haircut:
I think that her hair should be less curvy and more "pulled backward" (sorry for my bad english :/). I have joined some references and I have tweaked uKER's picture in order to illustrate this ^^
Also, her hairband is fully visible (at least all the upper part) and is not hidden by her hair.

The attire:
The mask is slightly lower on her nose.
I think that the neck part of her leotard and her sleeves should be shorter. The bottom cut of her leotard should be slightly higher (the leotard end just above the fold between hips and thighs). Also, don't forget that there's a black part on the top of her sleeves and high socks.
The socks are slightly more pointy.

The belt:
Contrary to what one might think, Kitana's belt in MKII wasn't a sash belt (even if all other official representation of her are showing a sash belt).
Her belt is large on the front side and very thin on her back side (it's noticeable on her in-game sprite and some raw photos). In fact, I think her belt has two different pieces. The front large one and a sort of string (the back part) which hold the front part.

Here's some references:

ref3_zpsyvd4xvaw.gif

ref1_zps2fnu6nrq.png
ref2_zpsm71f819u.png

Last edited:
Hi arq ^^
Your Kitana looks nice, good job. Also, I agee with all that uKER noticed about her anatomy.
If you don't mind, I will try to give you some feedback about other stuff like haircut and the her attire (warning, I will nitpick a lot, lol).

The haircut:
I think that her hair should be less curvy and more "pulled backward" (sorry for my bad english :/). I have joined some references and I have tweaked uKER's picture in order to illustrate this ^^
Also, her hairband is fully visible (at least all the upper part) and is not hidden by her hair.

The attire:
The mask is slightly lower on her nose.
I think that the neck part of her leotard and her sleeves should be shorter. The bottom cut of her leotard should be slightly higher (the leotard end just above the fold between hips and thighs). Also, don't forget that there's a black part on the top of her sleeves and high socks.
The socks are slightly more pointy.

The belt:
Contrary to what one might think, Kitana's belt in MKII wasn't a sash belt (even if all other official representation of her are showing a sash belt).
Her belt is large on the front side and very thin on her back side (it's noticeable on her in-game sprite and some raw photos). In fact, I think her belt has two different pieces. The front large one and a sort of string (the back part) which hold the front part.

Here's some references:

ref3_zpsyvd4xvaw.gif

ref1_zps2fnu6nrq.png
ref2_zpsm71f819u.png

thanks a lot, I love comments like this, [MENTION=16370]uKER[/MENTION] knows that LOL

You know we do it because we like your work.
Else we wouldn't bother. ;)

And yeah, I really like cb0363's retouch.
I didn't intend to go so far, but yeah, I really like the changes.

Very good eye on the clothing observations.

I use this to make the animations.
sonya sprites.jpg
All these frames marked in red, these animations are already completed for me.
As well as other animations that also have been completed but are not on that table.

overall they look good, but I can't feel the impact, looks like if she is going to hit someone that person won't even move, you need to make those movement move aggressive, faster, whatever you wanna call it, and the hp,close looks really weird.

keep the good job

In the original, the sprite for the jump-punch doubles as the sprite for the Square Wave Flight. You think that would work in HD too?

[MENTION=15952]Cris Berserk[/MENTION]
Hello Cris,
your new moves are pretty good however, I agree with all that Arq noticed.
About the uppercut, I think that Sonya has a more curved position and her back leg and back arm are more streched. Also, I think her hips should be slightly more twisted.

Also, I have noticed that there is a little mistake with the back of her top bra. I think you made it too large (especially the straps) and it's hidding too much the upper part of her back.

I have made a little picture to show it:

On a side note, I want to congratulate you because your Sonya is far better and more accurate than the Klassic Kostume for MKX ^^