Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Is there a planned release date for this?

Nope

its a love project that will be finished, when its finished

Frustrating I know, but I've learned to just sit back and enjoy the progress. The wait is not bad once u do that.

Watching ideas and opinions exchanged between the people involved has become equally as fascinating as the game itself.

Sorta like a behind the scenes bonus dvd featurette.

As far as percentage I'd say close to about 50%. 50% more includes completed Sonya, to with Scorpion, Sub-zero, Reptile, Liu Kang, Goro, Shang Tsung

We have rigged models for Raiden, Cage but Kano is modeled but needs a lot of tweaking to get up to the standard of the other characters. MrMos3s needs to complete endings for Cage, (I think Kang is completed.) Scorpion and Sub are also completed. Which means we need endings for Raiden (which [MENTION=6062]Bleed[/MENTION] may have completed), Sonya and Kano
[MENTION=14435]MrMos3s[/MENTION] also needs to complete Sonya's Character Portrait.

Once all the characters are done I'll create Shang's morphs for each character (already have a workflow in place). I'd say we are just about done then. It doesn't sound like a lot but getting Raiden, Cage and Kano fully animated with fatalities and everything could take awhile unless someone of either Cris, Bleed, or Arq jams on them.

But really that's all...so it depends on if you are a glass half full or half empty type of guy.

How far along is this project? half way? almost done? - and out of curiosity, why are you getting hung up on the smaaaallest of details on every single thing? - instead of just moving on, on the first go around, and then getting those things sorted 100% once you have the actual game up and running?

We get hung up on the smallest details because:

a) it takes forever to render these characters and everyone knows once they are done no one will ever go back and re-render them. So we get it right the first time. Taking into consideration every bit of feedback the community can generate. Does it take forever? See answer b)

b) because we have all the time in the world. Since we aren't being paid we have no deadlines.

The head explosion animation looks really good, but I'm concerned that if that fatality is done on the Pit stage then the particle effects near the background will be hovering in mid-air.

I agree. The animation quality is very good. Well done Cris.
Can I ask how you've made the head explosion?

edit: btw I'm not sure if it's an oversight, but when she bends her knees, they get very flat.

It's nice, but those are extra, all you really need to make are the original sprites. On MK warehouse, just pick a character and go down the list.

The exploding bits need to be single chunks with a spin animation. The falling movement and bounce on the ground is done with code. Using code, you can make them land on the bridge for example, and avoid the areas where it wouldn't make sense.

It's been a while since the last time I posted anything here, so here we go again, this is something I'm working on for a client. hope you all llike it.

kitanazbrush1.jpgkitanazbrush4.jpgkitanazbrush6.jpgkitanazbrush8.jpgkitanazbrush9.jpgkitanazbrush2.jpgkitanazbrush6.jpg

Last edited:
The proportions are good. The only thing that looks off is the mask, but you haven't started detailing the outfit I guess.
Are you making just a sculpt?