Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Sorry for the late comment. I think she'd look best with both her mouth and eyes very wide open (more wide than in the pic now). I think that's what the sprite is supposed to be.

Hi guys! Please remind me who's making the soundtrack remixes? I remember a couple of tunes (Main Theme and Courtyard, I believe), and they sounded pretty good, but the melodies weren't taken by ear (tabbed?) properly, some notes had been noticeably changed. So I'd like to participate in correcting those stuff, just like you pay attention to the details of graphics.
Also I can play some electric guitar solos, in MKA style (Subway remix etc).
Sorry if my english sucks.

Last edited:
This looks really good :)

About the "Cage Fatality", I'm wondering if the hands are not too much stiff (between frames #13 & #23). Maybe I'm wrong but I think the hands should follow the arm's movement but only after a short delay. I tried to do this:

About "Sub Fatality", I think her whole body should be more pulled up (almost like a little jump except she's still on her toes) in order to show that Sub-zero is pulling hard her head up (between frame #27-#38 ). I think it should make the movement more natural. I tried to do this but she's still not pulled up enough in my opinion:

Also, maybe her hands should be more tense/open betwen those frames ( #27-#38 )

Last edited:
Hey Cris, it's me again. I have taken a look to the original sprites. In fact, I think that you made Sonya's body (in both fatalities) not enough curved backward. I f I make a line from her hears to her hips, I should have a curve but here, I have a line.
It's just my opinion but I think that if you bend her body backward more, the global movement will be more natural.

Her's a comparison between your last frame "with head on" (at left) and the last frame from the original game (at right). As you can see, your body is too much stiff. I put an exemple of a possible reworking in the center of the picture (but I think the hands & arms should be upper too).

Eventually, on the last frame (when she's lying on the ground), I think her legs are slightly more open/spread and, looking at the hand, I'm wondering if the camera angle is not too much low (I'm sure for this one :/ )

EDIT: Arf, my bad, I see it only now (but I don't think I have already seen the back of the model before, lol) but her top bra has a wrong cut on her back :

Last edited:
Hey Cris, it's me again. I have taken a look to the original sprites. In fact, I think that you made Sonya's body (in both fatalities) not enough curved backward. I f I make a line from her hears to her hips, I should have a curve but here, I have a line.
It's just my opinion but I think that if you bend her body backward more, the global movement will be more natural.

Her's a comparison between your last frame "with head on" (at left) and the last frame from the original game (at right). As you can see, your body is too much stiff. I put an exemple of a possible reworking in the center of the picture (but I think the hands & arms should be upper too).

Eventually, on the last frame (when she's lying on the ground), I think her legs are slightly more open/spread and, looking at the hand, I'm wondering if the camera angle is not too much low (I'm sure for this one :/ )

EDIT: Arf, my bad, I see it only now (but I don't think I have already seen the back of the model before, lol) but the cut of her top bra has a wrong cut on her back :

great comments man

EDIT: Arf, my bad, I see it only now (but I don't think I have already seen the back of the model before, lol) but her top bra has a wrong cut on her back :

I made these animations that way not to have to use the same repeated frames.
I can see that this image of the original version of Sonya being decapitated by Sub-zero is exactly the same image used when Goro grabs Sonya with inferior hands and upper arms he begins spank her fiercely.
This was common in MK repeated use animation frames, so I did different.
Another reason was the fatal blow of the Sub-Zero MKHD version made by [MENTION=6062]Bleed[/MENTION].
I put the head of Sonya closest to the animation made by [MENTION=6062]Bleed[/MENTION]
I used this animation as a reference.
[URL=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/CrisBerserk/media/MK1HD_Sub-Zero_Fatality_032_zps3ft6sxxw.gif.html][/URL]

Both animation Sonya Head as your body, shown here separated, they are connected.

Anyway, as much as MKHD has to be done as close to the original version, there will always be differences between the two versions in both models of the characters as in lighting, textures, animation, type of camera, music / SFX, etc ...
Thank you for your technical review.

I made these animations that way not to have to use the same repeated frames.
I can see that this image of the original version of Sonya being decapitated by Sub-zero is exactly the same image used when Goro grabs Sonya with inferior hands and upper arms he begins spank her fiercely.
This was common in MK repeated use animation frames, so I did different.
Another reason was the fatal blow of the Sub-Zero MKHD version made by [MENTION=6062]Bleed[/MENTION].
I put the head of Sonya closest to the animation made by [MENTION=6062]Bleed[/MENTION]
I used this animation as a reference.
[URL=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/CrisBerserk/media/MK1HD_Sub-Zero_Fatality_032_zps3ft6sxxw.gif.html][/URL]

Both animation Sonya Head as your body, shown here separated, they are connected.

Anyway, as much as MKHD has to be done as close to the original version, there will always be differences between the two versions in both models of the characters as in lighting, textures, animation, type of camera, music / SFX, etc ...
Thank you for your technical review.

No problem, I know it's not easy and there are a lot of constraints for this kind of job ;)

On a side note, I tried make a short artwork in order to compare the two frames (stiff and curved) for Sub's fatality:

I don't know if you will agree but the curved body seems to have a more natural movement.

How far along is this project? half way? almost done? - and out of curiosity, why are you getting hung up on the smaaaallest of details on every single thing? - instead of just moving on, on the first go around, and then getting those things sorted 100% once you have the actual game up and running?

Just came across this web page as I grew an interest in Mugen again. I must say this looks absolutely FANTASTIC!!! What is the ETA of this gem?

Thank you for all your hard work!!

.Sandro.

i can't believe I'm watching this, u guys, all of u, even cb0363 with his detailed flowchart of how a fatality should really be are frikkin amazing.

I'm just sitting back in awe of all u guys, I have nothing else to offer or any input, Just felt like saying that after looking at this last page

None of us really deserve what you guys are doing for us fans. Honestly. I've been watching u guys for 2 years now and I still have the same wow feeling I had back then whenever I check this thread.

Thank u

::: goes back to playing MKX :::::