Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

The cloth texture looks cool, but I think the dirt and damage detail on the armor looks too even and there's too much of it.

Maybe you can change the specularity.

Clean areas = Normal spec
Dirty areas = Lower spec
Scrapes and chipped areas = High spec

Place the damage where it makes sense, by using reference. Check some old sports equipment and power tools.

Last edited:
first animated test (without the changes indicated by the bleed )

a1.gif

Attachments

• Sem-Título.gif
    Sem-Título.gif
    47.8 KB · Views: 530
Last edited:
Nice start, I would check your motion curves, and turn on Trajectories if you have the option.

I don't know what program you are using, but in 3Ds.max, the biped skeleton has an option to enable Trajectories. It's like a trail that will show the motion of selected bones. You can see if the animation is wobbly or smooth with it.

Main thing to help the smoothness of the animation is the curve editor though. You have to go bone by bone and make sure there aren't any sudden changes in the shape of the curves, unless you really need it.

His right hand should stay more in line with the forearm.

His Left hand should be making more of a circle motion like his right hand, and in the same direction, clockwise.

His head, torso and hips need to move to show he is moving a large mass. Like a wave motion from the head to the pelvis. Head is fast, with the pelvis having a slight delay.

I wonder if the loin cloth and the little ones on his side have any bones to animate with?

I would add some animation to the cables also on his head.

His body seems a bit too thin compared to the reference. I know that's a pain to mess with after rigging, but can be done with morphing tools if you wanted.

View attachment 8091

I agree with everything bleed said and I would add the next:

with how many frames per second are you working on? cause it's weird but the original animation looks smoother and with more frames per second than yours and also, the movement back and forth on yours is more aggressive, I think he should move slower

View attachment 8091

Bleed is right and sounds like he knows what he is talking about in regards to 3D Modeling. (Do you have a website Bleed?)

The spec needs to be adjusted in individual parts of the model particularly the chrome metallic areas.

The elbow movement in relationship to the arm needs work as well as the arms and legs in general.

My suggestion is for you to actual look into a mirror and mimic Sektor's static animation so that you can understand what you need to fix in relationship to your own body's natural movement.
I see what you are going for in the scratches for the armor, but there is no actual wear anywhere on the armor at all. It could benefit from some wearing as well as corrosion in some areas.

The animation needs work to be honest. There is not even any subtle head movement it's totally static and the slight swaying loop looks like the character is glued in place with no sense of weight.

The head tentacles could use some individual movement as well.

Anyways, there is also entirely way too much noise going on in this model probably dude to the over texturing of the scratches and the spec.

The model itself looks solid, but I would love to see a wireframe.

[MENTION=17483]S4m[/MENTION], nice to see your animation work in Sektor.
[MENTION=6062]Bleed[/MENTION], I will be doing the animations of "Fatality", you could export the file "spine" in the format. Obj and the texture material so that I can use in Sonya?
Spine.png
You can send to Dropbox.

Last edited:
Yup. Sektor's animations look jerky, specifically the arms. Like Bleed has said, using Trajectories (if 3ds max) helps quite a lot. It's like poor man's onion skinning but gets the job done.

Oh and the other thing. If you're using custom CAT, definitely hook up the knees with a look at constraint. They really can go FUBAR when doing some extreme poses if you don't. I can already see some of that incoherent knee rotation starting to happen on the Sektor fighting stance.

Last edited:
[MENTION=15952]Cris Berserk[/MENTION] File sent to your PM

[MENTION=18632]darkmanx_429[/MENTION] Click the link in my signature if you want to see more of my stuff. I throw pretty much everything in there...

The injuries don't look that good, especially the one on the cheek. Looks like a polygon. I say keep it clean.

Update.
Very good you have mentioned her eyes, because that is a question that I also have.
Her eyes are open, closed or almost closed?
Compared with the image of the original version I did an update.
We Sonya with her eyes closed as I had posted before and with eyes almost closed.
And the other images with an injury on his face.
Cabeças de Sonya.png
In my opinion I think she's with her eyes closed but I'm not absolutely sure.
So everyone's opinion is very important to me.

Great work.
I'm for the clean face with eyes open.
Now, how about adding some dangling meat under where the neck was ripped out?
The cut looks too clean, as if the body was a hollow skin.