Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

I guess far objects just have wrong deltas. coloumns move ok, but the rear wall, dragons and throne seem a bit off speed.
I would advice the team to enhance the stages fully - both technically (parallax, more animations and other stuff) and visually (some lighting tricks for atmospheric view maybe). If its HD and possible to enhance the graphics even more without touching the gameplay, why not?
It's MK MUGEN creator's opinion about last videos.

I just love so much this stage, and today I was bored and alone in my house so I putted this together in a few hours.. hope you like it

make sure you watch it as big as possible

Last edited:
Awesome Arq! I haven't posted here in a very long time. It's refreshing to see progress is still moving forward with this project. Is this 100% a 3d rendering with Liu Kang and Goro or is this just created in layers using something like photoshop?

After reading through past posts I'm sure you've already heard/ read this more times than you care for and put hundreds, if not a thousand hours or more into this project and wouldn't want to have to re-do anything at this point. I'm also sure you've also reached your own artist conclusions with great constructive critism from both the team (uker,bleed, cal, etc.,) and guests on this form like myself as to what looks best. I salute you and everyone who has worked on this thus far.....:) I may catch flack for this, however, I'm gonna ask anyways... Is there any chance of lightening the spots on Goro's backside for a more balanced look and additionally reducing the shine on his skin... particularly his backside and feet? Also it appears in your renders that Goro's hair seems to be having particular issues when it moves making it appear as if particulars are moving upwards off his hair as he jumps instead of strands of hair... Is there anyway to fix this so his hair has a more natural effect when moving?

Arq on a side note are you too far from being able to create or even think of creating a Kintaro model based on Goro as well as a model for Liu Kang from MK II?

Separately To Bleed,

I'm sure you are super busy good sir!... Are you planning on creating or updating any character models for MK II, such as Johnny Cage, Scorpion, Sub-zero, Raiden, Shao Kahn, etc., with animations and posting them on this forum?

Best luck to all of you on your hardwork. I hope we see a finished product soon and look forward to seeing more of your work.

Thanks,

Odawne

Awesome Arq! I haven't posted here in a very long time. It's refreshing to see progress is still moving forward with this project. Is this 100% a 3d rendering with Liu Kang and Goro or is this just created in layers using something like photoshop?

After reading through past posts I'm sure you've already heard/ read this more times than you care for and put hundreds, if not a thousand hours or more into this project and wouldn't want to have to re-do anything at this point. I'm also sure you've also reached your own artist conclusions with great constructive critism from both the team (uker,bleed, cal, etc.,) and guests on this form like myself as to what looks best. I salute you and everyone who has worked on this thus far.....:) I may catch flack for this, however, I'm gonna ask anyways... Is there any chance of lightening the spots on Goro's backside for a more balanced look and additionally reducing the shine on his skin... particularly his backside and feet? Also it appears in your renders that Goro's hair seems to be having particular issues when it moves making it appear as if particulars are moving upwards off his hair as he jumps instead of strands of hair... Is there anyway to fix this so his hair has a more natural effect when moving?

Arq on a side note are you too far from being able to create or even think of creating a Kintaro model based on Goro as well as a model for Liu Kang from MK II?

Separately To Bleed,

I'm sure you are super busy good sir!... Are you planning on creating or updating any character models for MK II, such as Johnny Cage, Scorpion, Sub-zero, Raiden, Shao Kahn, etc., with animations and posting them on this forum?

Best luck to all of you on your hardwork. I hope we see a finished product soon and look forward to seeing more of your work.

Thanks,

Odawne

so welcome back [MENTION=16044]Odawne[/MENTION]..

regarding to your questions... yes, that is a 100% fully 3d environment, just goro and liu were added in photoshop.

about goro, that is a really low res sprites I grabbed from a jumping animation I posted a while ago, so that's why you see his hair a little bit messy and about the tone on his back, that's somehow how I wanted him to be, with a darker tone on his back, maybe not that dark cause at the end I will retouch all the sprites and goro will end up with a totally different tone and of course I will try to get rid of that shininess but I will do it on photoshop, at least I'll try... cause there's no way I will re-render all those sprites again. and just to let you guys know, all goro animations a final rendered :p

about creating mk2 liu and kintaro.... that's not too hard, I'm not planning to do it in a near future but who knows..

this is the final animation... dizzy

hope ya'll like it

This is great, love his body language. Just one suggestion - his head is not actually resting on his hand, there is a noticeable gap between them. It could be improved if you had him use his hand to support his head.

This is great, love his body language. Just one suggestion - his head is not actually resting on his hand, there is a noticeable gap between them. It could be improved if you had him use his hand to support his head.

I know that, I wasn't trying to make his hand hold his head LOL :p

I'm making some stuff not related to MK for my portfolio, and doing some work on the side, that's why I haven't been here. I want to continue on this and other MK stuff as soon as I can but, I'm not free at the moment.

Arq, the animation look great, but I'm seeing a wierd horizontal, sharp shadow running up and down his face neck area. Do you see it?

Thanks a lot cal, I know, I saw it, but that strait shadow is caused by the spot light with hard shadows coming from his back, the one that makes that strong light on his back and the same one that makes his back look that shiny

Thanks a lot cal, I know, I saw it, but that strait shadow is caused by the spot light with hard shadows coming from his back, the one that makes that strong light on his back and the same one that makes his back look that shiny

I got you man, it's super distracting to me. Would you attempt to fix it frame by frame in Photoshop? I'd think you could animate the light position a bit differently for just those frames? Not sure, really but right now it looks glitchy and takes away from how beautiful the animation is.

I just love so much this stage, and today I was bored and alone in my house so I putted this together in a few hours.. hope you like it

make sure you watch it as big as possible

realistic factor, is cool arq lol yeahh. Goro on pic seem a bit dwarf or my wrong impresion? excelent pic.