Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

@Nikolla: let's talk about this via private message. We have had 4 programmers work on this and each one ends up quiting because they either lose interest or they simply aren't skilled enough coders to make it all work properly.

Thanks for the prompt reply Calactyte! I could do that, but to be honest I just started rigging characters and I'm only a Novice when it comes to animation, I normally use Maya.

For this kind of project I think you really need great animator's because you guys have set a pretty high bar even at infancy. You probably could find a better animator than myself.

However, let me know if you need any props, assets, or any character environment, or texture stuff. You can pretty much see what I am capable of on my website.

Also, did you guys think of porting this to Unreal? I finally got around to using Unreal 4 and in theory you could turn this game into more of a 2.5D game similar to MK9.

Animation is easier than you think. I got it pretty quick and so did arq, once you have the basic idea, you're alright. The more you do the better they'll get.

I think UE4 is too much work for this project, mugen has a fight system already in place to work from, it's fairly simple to code for and you don't have to spend any money on it. This MKHD is not meant to be playable or shared anyway, according to WarnerBrothers direct contact with me. Spending time to make something cool in UE4 would need to be for something original instead.

We can make the artwork, sprites and all that, but not share a playable game with anybody.

Mugen lets anybody download the engine and sprites and code their own game if they wish.

I'll prefer FreeBasic version, but available for MK followers.) Than MUGEN version without download link.
"Kommunity Edition" without public release sounds ridiculous.

You are right le@N, "Kommunity Edition" was written before bleed was contacted by WB.
Too bad we can not publish the game.

I think they have the HD version stopped because the new mk1 actor does not look like the original .

And now they do not want that we publish the game.

Who will be held responsible if an unknown publish the game ?

Last edited:
Animation is easier than you think. I got it pretty quick and so did arq, once you have the basic idea, you're alright. The more you do the better they'll get.

I think UE4 is too much work for this project, mugen has a fight system already in place to work from, it's fairly simple to code for and you don't have to spend any money on it. This MKHD is not meant to be playable or shared anyway, according to WarnerBrothers direct contact with me. Spending time to make something cool in UE4 would need to be for something original instead.

We can make the artwork, sprites and all that, but not share a playable game with anybody.

Mugen lets anybody download the engine and sprites and code their own game if they wish.

Well, after hearing the positive things from you guys and I would like to contribute to the project, you can send me the files through a PM if you wish and I will take a look at it.

I have digital tutors and I have animated things in Maya in the past (But it all was school work). As I mentioned, I just started rigging my characters and I do know how to set driven keys, I just never really dabbled in any serious Animation professionally.

Perhaps you guys can help my work get better in the areas of animation, lighting, and rendering etc.because I am very impressed by your guys renders and such. I have seen all your work in the past in my old mugen days, Bleed.

It makes sense what you are saying about exporting everything in Mugen. I would look to expand the project after you done in the future, even if it's never publicly released. Seems like it would be a good project to work on for practice.

Hit me up on the PM with the files and we will make arrangements to stay in contact with one another, I do want to learn animation because I have a High Concept on a Pro Wrestling Game that I would love to create that would blow WWE out of the water, but I don't have a team. (It's on my bucket list..)

Just so you guys know, I am starting my Master's Degree in Game Design at the end of March so I am pretty serious about this type of stuff.

Are any of you industry guys, or are you self taught? Not that it matters, if your good your good. I am just curious...

Well, after hearing the positive things from you guys and I would like to contribute to the project, you can send me the files through a PM if you wish and I will take a look at it.

I have digital tutors and I have animated things in Maya in the past (But it all was school work). As I mentioned, I just started rigging my characters and I do know how to set driven keys, I just never really dabbled in any serious Animation professionally.

Perhaps you guys can help my work get better in the areas of animation, lighting, and rendering etc.because I am very impressed by your guys renders and such. I have seen all your work in the past in my old mugen days, Bleed.

It makes sense what you are saying about exporting everything in Mugen. I would look to expand the project after you done in the future, even if it's never publicly released. Seems like it would be a good project to work on for practice.

Hit me up on the PM with the files and we will make arrangements to stay in contact with one another, I do want to learn animation because I have a High Concept on a Pro Wrestling Game that I would love to create that would blow WWE out of the water, but I don't have a team. (It's on my bucket list..)

Just so you guys know, I am starting my Master's Degree in Game Design at the end of March so I am pretty serious about this type of stuff.

Are any of you industry guys, or are you self taught? Not that it matters, if your good your good. I am just curious...

I would say we are all self taught..

In fact this goro is the best 3d version is the best of best ever seen before, goro versions from mkd and mk9 sucks.

Last edited:
But also mk9 goro is dwarf in comparision with Sheeva XD and also Do not forget that mk9 goro in programming is more weak in comparisions with the mk4 version. Honestly in mk9 goro looks alot stupid in all sense.

Can you guys show off some environment stuff? I've seen like zero stuff on that. Are you using the original stock stages or are they getting an updated treatment as well?

I was referred to here by a youtube commenter. I just made an account to extend my gratitude to all of you amazing people.