Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Hi, I'm back! I noticed that so far no one tried to remake the image Sonya's (she's my favorite character) image from Select Screen, so I tried to redraw. I hope in some way, this is useful. Sonya Blade.jpg

Hello everybody, I separated some MK Original images and I have some doubts about some new animations that can be included in MKHDR version or not included in MKHDR version.
In fact, the MK Original some animations were not added perhaps for lack of time or forgetfulness on the part of the creators.

Let's check the images and thus clarify some doubts.

1º Cage VS Cage.
[URL=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/CrisBerserk/media/Johnny%20vs%20Johnny_zpskscl4t8p.gif.html][/URL]

As we can see Cage can not use this attack on your opponent clone.
But in MK2 this was corrected.
In MKHDR, This will be Fixed?

2º Cage VS Shang Tsung.
[URL=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/CrisBerserk/media/johnny%20vs%20Shang%20Tsung_zpsmthsolik.gif.html][/URL]

Cage uses this attack on Shang Tsung, but Shang Tsung does not react to this move in its original form it becomes one of the male characters.
It would be interesting if Shang Tsung reacted to this blow to his true form.

3º Cage VS Goro.
[URL=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/CrisBerserk/media/Johnny%20vs%20goro_zpsxn1lih3a.gif.html][/URL]

Here Cage attacks Goro with this blow, but his reaction is to be struck in the chest.
Anyway, Goro does not have this animation have been punched in the lower parts.
this new animation will be included in MKHDR version?

4º Scorpion VS Goro.
[URL=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/CrisBerserk/media/Scorpion%20vs%20goro%202_zpsgyczou9s.gif.html][/URL]

Here Goro has no animation "become stunned" when he is pulled by the Scorpion's harpoon. He stands in a position to fight for a few seconds.
In version MKHDR Goro will have a new animation "stunned"?

5º Scorpion VS Shang Tsung.
[URL=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/CrisBerserk/media/Scorpion%20vs%20Shang%20Tsung_zpssl7fgt32.gif.html][/URL]

With Shang Tsung It's the same, He is not "stunned in its original form."
As it turns into another fighter.
Does the animation Shang Tsung "stunned" in its original form would be legal in MKHDR?

6º Sonya animation stand up.
[URL=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/CrisBerserk/media/Sonya%20levantar%203_zpsztowjasd.gif.html][/URL]

In the original version the characters to fall to the ground they arise from a different angle.
This has been fixed in version MKHDR by Bleed and Arq, I plan to do the same with Sonya.

My question is, should I use as a reference the animation of the original version?
Or use another reference to this animation to get up?

7º Reptile fatality.
I Made these gifs for demonstration and thus clarify some doubts.
Ignore the arena in which Reptile is struggling, the important thing here is your face.
We all know that the MK1 Reptile has the Scorpion / Sub-Zero skills, and therefore the fatal blow to both.
On that fatal blow of Reptile.
[URL=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/CrisBerserk/media/Sub%20Rep1_zpsaclix90d.gif.html][/URL][URL=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/CrisBerserk/media/Reptile%20Fatality%20new_zpshgocs8lu.gif.html][/URL]

I want to know if the MKHDR, The Reptile has the skull or face lizard?
And Reptile blood color will be red or green definitely?

Anyway these are the questions I have.
I would like to read the opinion of all members of MKHDR design and public regarding all shown.
And so, whether we go "yes or no" create new animations for MKHDR version based on all above.

Last edited:
yep, i have programmed a 'lets play with your sprites and backgrounds' ..... not realy playable Mortal Kombat HD Remix Kommunity Edition game/demo ;) in FreeBASIC with Easy FB GL2D, yes, FreeBASIC! with OpenGL Acceleration.
I can give away my source code if you want, iam very busy to complete this (But i can try it).

THE ROAD SO FAR...

- Playable Char: Scorpion, Partial Sub-Zero
- Char in Idle mode: Cage, Raiden
- Attract Mode: Intro, Title, Dummy HighScores, Bio with Video Sequence, Goro Lives..., Dummy Match (no A.I), Game Over screen
- Buggy Simple Select Screen
- Simple Vs Screen

I Must find a very fast prog to record the 1280x720 OpenGL screen to show you some videos.

[MENTION=4725]Mortal[/MENTION]Wombat Nope.
[MENTION=4369]cris[/MENTION] We've thought about this. I'd say we should keep these kinds of small deviations (fixes?) until we have all the characters nearly completed.

yep, i have programmed a 'lets play with your sprites and backgrounds' ..... not realy playable Mortal Kombat HD Remix Kommunity Edition game/demo ;) in FreeBASIC with Easy FB GL2D, yes, FreeBASIC! with OpenGL Acceleration.
I can give away my source code if you want, iam very busy to complete this (But i can try it).

THE ROAD SO FAR...

- Playable Char: Scorpion, Partial Sub-Zero
- Char in Idle mode: Cage, Raiden
- Attract Mode: Intro, Title, Dummy HighScores, Bio with Video Sequence, Goro Lives..., Dummy Match (no A.I), Game Over screen
- Buggy Simple Select Screen
- Simple Vs Screen

I Must find a very fast prog to record the 1280x720 OpenGL screen to show you some videos.

Wish we could rely on your skills full-time. Need someone with your skills.

Remember cal, while you keep more the anti-generic stuff on your game, more logic, smart and strong is the game.
I hope that you know that "generic stuff means and how makes bad to mk"

Maybe me or le@n have a perception very different from you, that is ´nt mean that we are some kind of Elite user from mk mugen, but definitely, "we" i mean the mk mugen creators in mk mugen enviroment (except the stupid draxxon) we had explored to mk much more deep than a regular player or regular fan of mk, and i assure to you, that you have listen to Interloko and Badmouse (raton malo) ´s vision that despite that they were part of mk mugen, they did ´nt surfed very deep on mk, cause not only their knowledge was limited, is too that they are praising to the errors that MK ´s saga that it had on the past.
And it´s not have any sense keeps the original bugs or certain lacks animations or sprites, cause your team is not midway o Nrs team.
Remember that mk 1 is a old game, so makes no surprise if do not change anything like reptile.

keeps your position as you wish.
bye

Last edited:
Thanks,
I have recorded a video from an very alpha stage with my smartphone.

The source code is very messy, must recode from ground(was my first try).
Cant continue with programming at the time, must move the town first, lot to do.

Question: whats your native sprite resolutions?
I have used the Animated GIFs from the forum, extracted every frame and created a big sprite sheet.

PS: Can anybody tell my if i can name myself Neotendo Computer Entertainment or Neotendo? and sorry for bad english, my first language is german;)

Last edited:
Impressive work.
I definitely like it much better than the previous one.
If anything, I'd make the arms bend inwards again after the peak, instead of falling down, and make the torso bend forwards, going back into straight pose as he does.
All of this should happen before he starts moving to go back to looking to the right.
I suggest making it bend forwards again after somewhere around this point, on frame 23:

Untitled-1_zps24e1a093.jpg~original

Also, can you make the lips open more gradually?
Right now it looks like a two-frame animation there.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We already have all the backgrounds covered. We need some one who can tweak, rig and render all of Kano's animations. If interested I'll PM you details.

Thanks for the prompt reply Calactyte! I could do that, but to be honest I just started rigging characters and I'm only a Novice when it comes to animation, I normally use Maya.

For this kind of project I think you really need great animator's because you guys have set a pretty high bar even at infancy. You probably could find a better animator than myself.

However, let me know if you need any props, assets, or any character environment, or texture stuff. You can pretty much see what I am capable of on my website.

Also, did you guys think of porting this to Unreal? I finally got around to using Unreal 4 and in theory you could turn this game into more of a 2.5D game similar to MK9.

Impressive work.
I definitely like it much better than the previous one.
If anything, I'd make the arms bend inwards again after the peak, instead of falling down, and make the torso bend forwards, going back into straight pose as he does.
All of this should happen before he starts moving to go back to looking to the right.
I suggest making it bend forwards again after somewhere around this point, on frame 23:

Untitled-1_zps24e1a093.jpg~original

Also, can you make the lips open more gradually?
Right now it looks like a two-frame animation there.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

its really good...come'on if it was more organic animation then it wont be spinning body on its own hinge, but its how it was...its way better then they did it...for the lips i guess ur kinda right....but ur probably russian.
and it doesnt look like its going on twos....amazing work anyway really talented!
i would say this pose is done!