Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

finally I finished this animation... I started it a long time ago but never worked on it again since I started animating goro, do you still remember this guy? LOL

Arq, good job, also like the shader in his hair and paints! just for testing, can you try to add a bit of specular (like goro ) in his skin? 1 frame will be enough to see the result.

I would love to add it, indeed!! He has some specular in his skin I just don't know why it doesn't look like goro's, and it's a shame but I won't be able to modify anything on liu, since all his animations are already rendered, I'm just finishing two or three that were missing

finally I finished this animation... I started it a long time ago but never worked on it again since I started animating goro, do you still remember this guy? LOL

That looks great.
The bounce you added when he hits the floor looks just incredible.
The only thing I see missing is his legs whipping back and forth as he gets up.
It's like he just lifts his feet and lands on them.

By the way, I just found this weirdness... the animation you just posted doesn't exist in the game.
For some inexplicable reason, Liu Kang happens to be the ONLY CHARACTER IN THE GAME that gets up looking forward, even when falling sideways.
That said, you should look to his other wakeup animation and see how the feet work in that one.
See how at some point, they're pointed right up, his knees getting close to his face.

f_zps7atpsaq0.gif~original

That looks great.
The bounce you added when he hits the floor looks just incredible.
The only thing I see missing is his legs whipping back and forth as he gets up.
It's like he just lifts his feet and lands on them.

By the way, I just found this weirdness... the animation you just posted doesn't exist in the game.
For some inexplicable reason, Liu Kang happens to be the ONLY CHARACTER IN THE GAME that gets up looking forward, even when falling sideways.
That said, you should look to his other wakeup animation and see how the feet work in that one.
See how at some point, they're pointed right up, his knees getting close to his face.

f_zps7atpsaq0.gif~original

you are right buddy, that animation doesn't exist, but it would look weird if he falls facing the camera and stands facing the opponent, I think It will look better like this

Maybe you got me wrong.
I never suggested you didn't make it. I totally agree you should.
I just said you should replicate the other one, just from a different perspective.
Actually, if you already did the front wakeup, it should just be a matter of rotating it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Maybe you got me wrong.
I never suggested you didn't make it. I totally agree you should.
I just said you should replicate the other one, just from a different perspective.
Actually, if you already did the front wakeup, it should just be a matter of rotating it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

naahh men, I was just commenting to what you say and telling you why I did that animation

We are nearly 55% complete I'd say.

I would have expected the number to be much higher than that by now, but i'm assuming it's so low because literally nothing has been "programed" yet, correct?

Aesthetically speaking, in terms of just art/visuals/characters/movement/backgrounds/sounds...etc one would assume that we have to be atleast 85-90% done.

Yay or Nay?