Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

There's nothing that the God Arq isn't capable of doing

baby-worshiping-o.gif

Thanks man for trusting so much on me, I know I've said it before but I love those gif!! So freaking funny. And about cage..... It's hard but not impossible, since I don't have the original zbrush file I have to export the 3dsmax model back to zbrush and retexture everything again, add realistic hair, like liu's and tweak anything that needs to be tweaked, that would take time but is not impossible.

This is truly great news that Bleed shared his creations after all.
Now you don't have to re-create them which would probably have delayed the finish of the project by another year.
And arq_hawkin is now consistently producing one fantastic animation after the other!
The future looks much brighter now. My hope is restored and I wish the team continued success for the future!

Yeah, that's what I feared but I didn't want to exaggerate either, considering how quickly arq_hawkin pours out new animations.
Well, all the better that you have Bleed's work now, it would have been a nuisance to re-create them!

Seria ideal que se pudiese unir un nuevo artista porque a pesar de tener el trabajo de bleed y el apoyo de chris, sigue siendo un monton de trabajo para arq :(

It would be great if some new artist joins the crew, because after getting the source models maded by bleed and even counting with the support of chris, there are still a tons of work to be maded by arq only.

Enviado desde mi MI 3W

You guys worry too much.

WB, Neatherrealm can't touch you and here's why!

There is a law in the U.S called the fair use act. The fair use act simply states that you can repost or publish something for educational purposes, for your own enjoyment as long as it doesn't hurt or cost basically the original owner.

Now you guys can claim this game a a educational deal to show what new graphics could look like, or your could publish it as separate pieces and it could be up to individuals to assemble it.

WB would have to prove you caused them harm or made some sort of monetary gain to sue or have a case against you. You have and are completely under what the embodiment of the fair use act is and what you are doing falls perfectly under it.

Neatherrealm and WB tried to scare ou guys with ignorance because you are making them look bad. They tried to do a HD remake but obviously it has blew up in their faces and furthermore if they had any brains they would allow you to finish it for them and release it on consoles and make some serious cash off it.

If there is one thing I have noticed and learned about large companies is they have lawyers that cost allot of money and they will threaten with empty relevance all they can to avoid using them. They have unfortunantly bluffed you guys!

So I say to you to look up the fair use act for yourself and realize I am telling you the truth and make this game for us fans or in parts we can assemble, WB isn't going to and your not going to cost them a thing because everyone would buy it if they did anyway and they know it.

They are just mad you guys took a old crappy program and spanked their asses with new technology and killer skills!

Piss on them and finish it guys!

Can't wait to see what a MK 2 hd remake would look like, geez!

You guys worry too much.

WB, Neatherrealm can't touch you and here's why!

There is a law in the U.S called the fair use act. The fair use act simply states that you can repost or publish something for educational purposes, for your own enjoyment as long as it doesn't hurt or cost basically the original owner.

Now you guys can claim this game a a educational deal to show what new graphics could look like, or your could publish it as separate pieces and it could be up to individuals to assemble it.

WB would have to prove you caused them harm or made some sort of monetary gain to sue or have a case against you. You have and are completely under what the embodiment of the fair use act is and what you are doing falls perfectly under it.

Neatherrealm and WB tried to scare ou guys with ignorance because you are making them look bad. They tried to do a HD remake but obviously it has blew up in their faces and furthermore if they had any brains they would allow you to finish it for them and release it on consoles and make some serious cash off it.

If there is one thing I have noticed and learned about large companies is they have lawyers that cost allot of money and they will threaten with empty relevance all they can to avoid using them. They have unfortunantly bluffed you guys!

So I say to you to look up the fair use act for yourself and realize I am telling you the truth and make this game for us fans or in parts we can assemble, WB isn't going to and your not going to cost them a thing because everyone would buy it if they did anyway and they know it.

They are just mad you guys took a old crappy program and spanked their asses with new technology and killer skills!

Piss on them and finish it guys!

Can't wait to see what a MK 2 hd remake would look like, geez!

that's some really good news man... thanks a lot. are you lawyer?

I don't believe they'll do anything to shut your project down. I highly doubt they haven't seen this thread and the work by now. I'm sure they frequently visit this forum and MKO almost weekly.

have not made my presence known much on this website, but I tell everyone I know about how awesome these sprites are. I really hope this project get finished as a whole! I would love to see Bleed make some more mugen animations outside this project. I would love to see some of the new MK Legacy guys animated. ads.jpg

Attachments

• ads.jpg
    ads.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 402
iconbadgta, your post has some truth; however, the distinction between what is fair use and what is infringement is determined on a case by case basis. Warner Bros. has already acknowledged the creation of these works. Furthermore, acknowledging the source of the copyrighted material does not substitute for obtaining permission.

Not only was it never brought to the table — acquiring permission that is — but Bleed has been warned and has since let us in on the news as well. I wouldn't try to throw your weight around all gung ho-like boasting your argument of this project falling under fair use if a finalized copy materializes at this point. Besides, Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.'s Terms of Use agreement clearly states per their "Your Use of Material" clause:

Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. said:
Your right to make use of this Site and any Material or other content appearing on it is subject to your compliance with these Terms of Use. Modification or use of the Material or any other content on this Site for any purpose not permitted by these Terms of Use may be a violation of the Copyrights and/or Trademarks and is prohibited.

You may access and display Material and all other content displayed on this Site for non-commercial, personal, entertainment use on a single computer only. The Material and all other content on this Site may not otherwise be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, distributed or used in any way unless specifically authorized by Warner.

Any authorization to copy Material granted by Warner in any part of this Site for any reason is restricted to making a single copy for non-commercial, personal, entertainment use on a single computer only, and is subject to your keeping intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.

Using any Material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited. Also, decompiling, reverse engineering, disassembling, or otherwise reducing the code used in any software on this Site into a readable form in order to examine the construction of such software and/or to copy or create other products based (in whole or in part) on such software, is prohibited.

To my knowledge, Bleed was basically read the Terms of Use, or received a partially canned response reiterating it with some fresh verbiage mixed in. This would be the second time Warner Bros. has made us aware of their permissible use as it's readily available on their website (but also since you just read this).

I've perused this thread since day one, checking in weekly for updates. I don't post much, as you can see; however, I've been around for a while now which, again, I'm sure you can see. I want nothing more than to see this reach end stages and be compiled for consumption by the masses. This has been, and continues to be, some quality f***in' effort if I do say. Bottom line: Warner Bros. has issued a warning and has clearly outlined what they deem permissible to Bleed and Bleed to us. I'd advise reaching out to Warner Bros. legal and gain some clarity before jeopardizing yours or anyone's future for that matter. I doubt anyone will need this however this might be useful for someone:

Please forward any questions regarding privacy to privacy@wb.com. Please forward any questions regarding other legal matters to legal@wb.com.

I'd suggest everyone continue working on the character models, etc., for personal use — as fan art like WB suggested. This type of discussion shouldn't be taking place anyways. Truthfully, it only further jeopardizes the continued group effort of it with out unnecessary repercussions. I hope this post serves as the settling of the legal talk as I've seen it brought up time and time again in pages prior. Perhaps one day simply reaching out could be enough for an 'OK' to come across through email, over the phone, in person, etc., in combination with the legal adviser whom you're meeting/speaking with having woken up on the right side of the bed, of course. ;)

On topic: Excellent work lately, everyone. Even Kahn would lend a non-sarcastic "OUTSTANDING!" if he saw arq_hawkin's most recent Goro. Also, it's nice to see Mortal Wombat actin' like a brotha now instead of rustlin' everyone's jimmies on the daily.

P.S. - Leave Bleed alone. So what that he flaked. This was never a guarantee. That's my .02¢ anyways.

Last edited:
What site are you guys reffering to? This one? As far as Bleed or anyone else goes, none of us for as far as I know has ever agreed to anything that WB has offered.

What agreement was agreed to?

And they basically agreed that personal use, singular use, or non commercial use is ok. How is a Mugen game something commercial if it is not sold or put upon a commercial status of something like Xbox etc?

I'm telling ya guy, The fair use act is defanantly where this baby has fallen. Either way good luck. I am proud of you guys for all that you have accomplished.

Ooh yeah, whoever said I was throwing my weight around comment.. What weight? I have no talents that could ever compare to the talents of those who were and are involved in this adventure, I have never tried to claim such either. Don't know why someone would say that...

Adam

That looks awesome, man.

If anything I'd give both right hands a more "clutching" pose instead of the fingers being so straight and rotate the palms so that they are more facing up.

Also maybe rotate the waist so that the torso is a bit more facing the camera, and don't know how viable this is, but while the left shoulder should be shrugged like if it was trying to cover the face, the right one should be stretched all the way to the back. Compare the apparent width of that shoulder in both versions. Maybe it's just the rotation of the waist that makes it look that way though.

The lower left arm should cross further in front of him, as he is supposed to be blocking with both arms equally and not just the upper one.

Finally, for the sake of matching the sprites, the lower right elbow should be a little higher and to the back, so that it's hidden behind the upper arm (rotate the shoulder to the back and then bend the elbow a bit so that the hand returns more or less to where you have it now).

Also, sorry to insist, but the dark and glossy look on the top of his forearm looks off to me. If you want to keep it dark, so be it, but you can at least try toning down the reflectivity to keep it from looking like tar.

Untitled_zps564433ad.jpg~original

Keep up the good stuff!

Last edited:
SW2.jpgSW.jpg

Some letters I have been playing with.

I am creating a font based off the pixelated MK2 font. It is all new and I think will better represent what the font would look like in HD.

What site are you guys reffering to? This one? As far as Bleed or anyone else goes, none of us for as far as I know has ever agreed to anything that WB has offered.

What agreement was agreed to?

And they basically agreed that personal use, singular use, or non commercial use is ok. How is a Mugen game something commercial if it is not sold or put upon a commercial status of something like Xbox etc?

I'm telling ya guy, The fair use act is defanantly where this baby has fallen. Either way good luck. I am proud of you guys for all that you have accomplished.

Ooh yeah, whoever said I was throwing my weight around comment.. What weight? I have no talents that could ever compare to the talents of those who were and are involved in this adventure, I have never tried to claim such either. Don't know why someone would say that...

Adam

iconbadgta, that was me. You've taken my post entirely out of context. There was no ill-thought in my response towards you whatsoever. I'm going to clear a few things up for you through PM but this should be welcomed here:

I didn't specify anywhere the word commercial in my post. You're creating an argument out of a single word you saw in Warner Bros. privacy policy. If you reread -- and understand -- the verbiage used, you surely will know where trouble could occur.

You clearly didn't read my post. This is 100% verbatim: "I wouldn't try to throw your weight around all gung ho-like boasting your argument of this project falling under fair use if a finalized copy materializes at this point." Let's highlight a specif portion now:

[...]boasting your argument of this project falling under fair use[.]

Now, your post -- again, verbatim: "What weight? I have no talents that could ever compare to the talents of those who were and are involved in this adventure, I have never tried to claim such either. Don't know why someone would say that..."

Please, take a minute to read and understand my post prior to rebuttal. I said nothing bad about you, friend. I don't want you to mislead arq_ & Co. without knowing if they could face legal repercussions. I'm simply looking out for the team. Just keep workin' and stay hush on the distribution banter.

Passing along this as inspiration and motivation for this MK HD project

Can't wait to test this out tomorrow.

Resident Evil 2: Reborn (Fan Remake) Alpha Releases on 10-31-14

The Alpha version of the RE 2 remake is coming out this Halloween!!!

Here is the new trailer for the Alpha

It looks really good and it has both the classic camera and the RE4-6 camera.

The engine is Unity3D.

10365742_768577589862292_862457002765821049_n.jpg

1384048_765419373511447_2848561572193350765_n.jpg

10291096_759825317404186_8159917122338777798_n.jpg

1979715_767516389968412_3446712536132289003_n.jpg

Here is the devs (Invader Games) Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InvaderGamesIT

Last edited: