Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Seeing Akuma in this makes me wonder why no one has ever bothered to merge the Mortal Kombat games with the character models from Street Fighter:The Movie video game and created a MK vs SF game in the style of the first 3 Mortal Kombat games
Because recoloring ninjas is easier! Seriously, it's nearly 20 years since MKT was released and there are still no proper Mugen version of it.

I realize that I am new and this probably won't matter, but I respect what all of you do and hope you guys continue to work on it.

Even though this project may not see the light of day, it's already a great success of what you guys have accomplished. Goes to show how committed fans can be. Keep doing what you're doing, because it's amazing.

Good luck on finishing it.

Nice! Another Goro animation!
That looks great, man.
Once again, love what you've done with his hair, which looks rough and not smooth like a woman's.
Also like that you clenched the lower hands but not the upper left.
Don't know if it was that way in the sprites but it just looks right.

The only suggestions I have are some tweaks to the motion of the punching hand.
First, I'd try to eliminate the downwards curve in the path of the fist.
In all perspectives, the fist's path should be a straight line from the starting position (when the elbow is flexed) to the end.
Also, I'd try to keep the elbow bent for a little longer.

The punch should happen as an upwards ripple from the hip to the hand
- Hip rotation
- Shoulder rotation + torso leaning forward
- Elbow extension

The elboy should stay mostly straight up to the point when the body stops, and then the body should lunge a bit forward when the arm extends and the punch peaks.

Although greatly exaggerated, this may prove illustrative.

Balrog-gigaton.gif

Also, maybe it's just me, but I feel his ass area looks to oily and his shoulders and back look way too dark.

Last edited:
Nice! Another Goro animation!
That looks great, man.
Once again, love what you've done with his hair, which looks rough and not smooth like a woman's.
Also like that you clenched the lower hands but not the upper left.
Don't know if it was that way in the sprites but it just looks right.

The only suggestions I have are some tweaks to the motion of the punching hand.
First, I'd try to eliminate the downwards curve in the path of the fist.
In all perspectives, the fist's path should be a straight line from the starting position (when the elbow is flexed) to the end.
Also, I'd try to keep the elbow bent for a little longer.

The punch should happen as an upwards ripple from the hip to the hand
- Hip rotation
- Shoulder rotation + torso leaning forward
- Elbow extension

The elboy should stay mostly straight up to the point when the body stops, and then the body should lunge a bit forward when the arm extends and the punch peaks.

Although greatly exaggerated, this may prove illustrative.

Balrog-gigaton.gif

Also, maybe it's just me, but I feel his ass area looks to oily and his shoulders and back look way too dark.

I would fix it bro, but that curvature was in the original and that's why I did it on mine

04.gif
05.gif

arq_hawkin, I really like the colorful of Goro, will be great can share the render and material settings to other characters, really love how it looks. very well done

I know I'm a broken record...this LOOKS MIND BLOWING.

That being said, I agree with uKER, the butt is too shiny and the back looks lit a bit too darkly. Perhaps parent a light to his top spine bone so that when he turns that area stays lit more?

PUCH 01 animation... what you guys think?
I'm trying to make him feel HEAVY

This is truly awesome. I think he could have more swing (smoothier movement) while punching tho, not sure if it's because it's looping, but to me it seems the movement is slower at some point and quicker at another point (seems a little rough), not sure how to explain this.... also you must remember that Goro had rougher movements because it's was digitilized from a doll. I see no problem in making it a little different from the original to make it more realistic, but that's up to you.