Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Great job chris... I cannot seen to much difference now compared to rhe original animation motion... But lets see what uker and his eagle eyes can say about it :)

Enviado desde mi MI 3W

Last edited:

I think it was about time to post it... first try, hope you'll like it
cheers
Man, look at that!
Your rigs are amazing. Love how the shoulder moves as a solid piece there and the motion in the legs looks just perfect.

Now if I may, I have some suggestions (how could I not? :D).
I leave here the original Goro animation for reference while you read these.
a1_zpsc0e9e6b6.gif~original

First, yeah, it still bugs me that the top right hand still seems to scrape the bottom hand. I think the issue is that in the original the bottom arms aren't posed with the elbows spread open like that.
Instead, the elbows are shifted backwards behind the body, with the forearms close to the waist (and the palms slightly facing up), allowing each pair of arms their own space of motion.
You may need to open the top pair of elbows a little more too.
I think it helps if you visualize both pairs of arms as separate, each doing a separate motion from the other pair.

Also see that the animation should look symmetrical when seen from the front.
If I'm not mistaken I'm seeing some jolting in the top left elbow that makes it go above shoulder level that's not in the right one.

Then, I think the motion in the fingers is too marked. If you look at the original, someone could argue there's no motion at all (not my intention). I think you should keep some flexing to the fingers but only at a minimum, necessary to give them some life. Also, I'd try to make the flexing happen mostly in the joints closest to the tip of the fingers, to give it a clenching expression, instead of just making it like he is flexing his fingers.

Then, as someone pointed out, the breathing in the stomach was a nice touch but I think you should match that with the chest pumping up as the stomach flattens. Lowering the brow and opening the mouth as he exhales could also be a nice touch.

Finally, there's something strange going on with the right foot. Not so much the left one. For some reason it looks as if the bandages are rigid instead of fitted to the foot, so the foot ends up looking like it's a solid piece moving inside a socket or something.

Despite the lengthy critique, I want to stress that it's much more what I see right than what I see wrong with it.
Beautiful work, man!

Sonya update.
New settings:
- Headband and folds in cloth waist.
- Movement of the hand, head and shoulders.
Nice work there, Cris.
Here are both for comparison (new on the right).

SonyaFightposetest2_zps1a9d13db.gif
Sonyatest41_zpsf1b3d448.gif

The arm looks smoother than before.
I can't say it's quite there yet, but it's certainly better.
I recommend taking a break from it and revisiting a few weeks down the road to see if there's anything you can do to it.

The shoulders however, look as rigid as before to me.
Looking at the top line I can't say I see any flexing there.
Care to explain what we should be seeing?

Also, besides the different positioning I couldn't spot what you did to the headband and belt.

Nice work there, Cris.
Here are both for comparison (new on the right).

SonyaFightposetest2_zps1a9d13db.gif
Sonyatest41_zpsf1b3d448.gif

The arm looks smoother than before.
I can't say it's quite there yet, but it's certainly better.
I recommend taking a break from it and revisiting a few weeks down the road to see if there's anything you can do to it.

The shoulders however, look as rigid as before to me.
Looking at the top line I can't say I see any flexing there.
Care to explain what we should be seeing?

Also, besides the different positioning I couldn't spot what you did to the headband and belt.

Maybe I have not expressed myself clearly, but come on.
1 headband: I positioned the best on the back, the previous version was a bit away.
2 Movement of the head: in the previous version the head moved forward and to the side so Concurrent.
In the current version, her head moves forward subtly, signaling a "Yes" as suggested.
3 The cloth waist: I mean the part that surrounds the abdomen, which is not part of the leg.
I adjusted the folds of cloth to get smaller.
4 Shoulders and right hand:
I lifted a little movement of the shoulders, but it is not noticeable.

I will make new adjustments to become noticeable.

See you soon.

This is BY FAR one of the most amazing things I've ever seen, in my entire life. I signed up for this forum just to post in this thread.

I'm genuinely impressed!

If NRS/WB was smart, they'd give you guys the funds to finish this project and put it out retail. The work you've done is that good.

I hope it all gets finished. I really do. I would do ANYTHING to play just a rough demo. The original Mortal Kombat game defined my life, so to see it polished up and refreshed after these years is just remarkable to me.

If I had a ton of money to blow, I would sink it into the completion of this project, just to be able to play it myself and with friends. Even if it never got released on a wide scale. That's how much faith and how impressed I am with what you guys have done, over the course of the past 3 years.

Please continue! Like Rachel Weisz' character told Hugh Jackman's character, as she lay on her deathbed in The Fountain - "Finish it"

And yes, I have been playing Mortal Kombat since 1992-1993. Me and my cousin Paul would play MK non-stop! He passed away in 1995 from Leukemia, and losing my MK gaming partner made the games even that more special to me. It wasn't just a hobby for us, Mortal Kombat was a way of life! The last MK game he got to play was Mortal Kombat 3, but in his honor, I've played every MK game that has been released since 1992, and I will continue to do so. And this is one that I wish I could play right now!

If he was alive and well in 2014, I know my cousin would want to play this, too. I'm certain that he'd be more impressed with the work you have done to reinvigorate MK 1 than he would be with playing Mortal Kombat 9 or seeing the trailer for MKX. It's just simply amazing how much you guys were able to accomplish. I'm truly impressed.

And yes, I have been playing Mortal Kombat since 1992-1993. Me and my cousin Paul would play MK non-stop! He passed away in 1995 from Leukemia, and losing my MK gaming partner made the games even that more special to me. It wasn't just a hobby for us, Mortal Kombat was a way of life! The last MK game he got to play was Mortal Kombat 3, but in his honor, I've played every MK game that has been released since 1992, and I will continue to do so. And this is one that I wish I could play right now!

If he was alive and well in 2014, I know my cousin would want to play this, too. I'm certain that he'd be more impressed with the work you have done to reinvigorate MK 1 than he would be with playing Mortal Kombat 9 or seeing the trailer for MKX. It's just simply amazing how much you guys were able to accomplish. I'm truly impressed.

welcome [MENTION=18297]markdeez33[/MENTION], thanks for joining us and those are really inspiring words

Wow, thanks so much for the kind words. It's been an uphill battle since having lost Bleed (who then decided to take almost all of his work with him.) He built and rigged up Raiden and Cage but it looks like either Cris or Arq will need to start from scratch on those characters now.

We once had a developer, (Interloko) but he hasn't been in these forums for several months now. We have so much of the game's graphics completed already but now it is just the characters that need to completed from an artwork standpoint. That and a few of the characters endings/bio introductions.

Wow, thanks so much for the kind words. It's been an uphill battle since having lost Bleed (who then decided to take almost all of his work with him.) He built and rigged up Raiden and Cage but it looks like either Cris or Arq will need to start from scratch on those characters now.

We once had a developer, (Interloko) but he hasn't been in these forums for several months now. We have so much of the game's graphics completed already but now it is just the characters that need to completed from an artwork standpoint. That and a few of the characters endings/bio introductions.

I wish I had skills to contribute, but unfortunately, I do not. However, if you guys need any Hip Hop style music for the project, let me know. My group Grindhouse Gang did a song called "Fatality", which sampled the theme to MK1. Check it out here:

And an 8-Bit remix of the same track here:

I really hope that you get to complete the project. Let me ask, if you do complete it, is it going to be put out to where people can play it or is that not going to happen because of WB? It's a crying shame if that's the case. I really, really want to see this completed. This is BY FAR the coolest thing I've ever seen, in regards to mods/Mugen/custom games. Excellent idea and even better execution, fellas.

I hope you get a new Cage & Raiden very soon. Generally how long does it take to animate a character? I'm very intrigued by all of this and how much time, effort, dedication, and hard work you've put into this passion project. I hope you guys see it through to completion.

Also keep in mind those tracks are more than 5 years old, we've come A LONG way since then, and just inked a record deal with one of the biggest Indie labels in Hip Hop (I'd rather not say which one until we officially announce it), but we've done songs with Canibus, Young Buck, members of Wu-Tang Clan, members of Army of the Pharaohs, Snowgoons, Stoupe (of Jedi Mind Tricks), and tons of other prominent artists in Hip Hop.

So if you ever need anything, we would love to contribute in some form or fashion. Good luck with the game!

We've been working on this project for over 3 years now. Characters can take a very long time since our artists have jobs/family/commitments outside of this project. We've had two version of Liu Kang for instance and I believe we are now on our third and final version which Arq recently completed. Meanwhile Cris berserk has worked on Sonya I think for about a year. We have Scorpion and Subzero completed at least. I believe that Arq could probably complete characters much faster now. 6-8 months per. Cris is still learning about animation, but has come a very very long way in modeling/texturing/material generation/ dynamics (hair/cloth). Once Cris finishes Sonya we will have a better idea for how long it would take for him to do another character.

Not sure what character Arq wants to work on after Goro but it is also worth noting that Goro's move set is drastically smaller than other characters and so perhaps would not take nearly as long as a main character would. My hope is that before this year ends we can have Sonya and Goro completed. That would set our finished characters at Goro, Liu Kang, Sonya, Scorpion/Subzero/Reptile.

I wish I had skills to contribute, but unfortunately, I do not. However, if you guys need any Hip Hop style music for the project, let me know. My group Grindhouse Gang did a song called "Fatality", which sampled the theme to MK1. Check it out here:

And an 8-Bit remix of the same track here:

I really hope that you get to complete the project. Let me ask, if you do complete it, is it going to be put out to where people can play it or is that not going to happen because of WB? It's a crying shame if that's the case. I really, really want to see this completed. This is BY FAR the coolest thing I've ever seen, in regards to mods/Mugen/custom games. Excellent idea and even better execution, fellas.

I hope you get a new Cage & Raiden very soon. Generally how long does it take to animate a character? I'm very intrigued by all of this and how much time, effort, dedication, and hard work you've put into this passion project. I hope you guys see it through to completion.

I was offered a deal with Babygrande years ago, but turned it down. Chuck Wilson doesn't like to pay his artists, so that's not a place for me. I'm good friends w/ Canibus, and they still owe 'Bis money. The label I've signed with is a bit lesser known than E1 or Babygrande, but its ran by some heavy hitters and has a great roster of artists, not to mention they give you full creative control of the music, and its an 80/20 split, in favor of the artist, so you really can't beat that!

But yeah, Babygrande has housed several of the artists I've been affiliated with - Chief Kamachi, Snowgoons, Reef The Lost Cauze, Canibus, AOTP, Stoupe, etc. and all I can say is that Chuck Wilson is indeed a sheister!

If I was a betting man I'd say either E1 or Babygrande

As far as E1 goes, I haven't had any dealings with them. I hear they do a lot better for the artists. In the mainstream they try to call E1 "the rappers graveyard", but I highly disagree with that statement. They've got great distribution and have put out a lot of great artists.

As a matter of fact, we tried to get distribution through E1 for our own label, but nothing ever materialized from it.

I have spoken with a southern distributor called Select-O-Hits in the past, about doing some things. They're ran by Johnny Philips, son of Sam Philips, who was a major part of Sun Records in Nashville back in the day. So they've got that Elvis/Johnny Cash etc. money flow haha.

But mostly we are self-distributed via iLL-Legit Records out of Aiken, SC. I have signed several indie 1 off deals with labels overseas and have an agreement with Foundation Media as 1 of my distributors.

In 2010, I was offered a deal with Fontana North/Universal Music Group, but it was a HORRIBLE contract, so I turned it down. Being signed with a major label really isn't all its cracked up to be!

But anyway, back on topic, I will be checking this thread regularly for updates on the game.

And like I said, if anybody needs some music from us, let us know. Would be an honor!

[MENTION=18297]markdeez33[/MENTION], welcome to the forum.
I just wanted to point out that instead of making several consecutive posts, you're much better off editing your existing post and adding whatever you see fit.
Cheers!

Quick Question, excluding animations, how long does it take to make a standing 3d Character Moddle

it depends in yours skills, the better you are, the faster you can get a nice working 3d model, but talking about time, that can be between 1 to 10 days LOL or more

it depends in yours skills, the better you are, the faster you can get a nice working 3d model, but talking about time, that can be between 1 to 10 days LOL or more

Alright, thanks for letting me know. I'm gonna be developing a platform shooter soon and I was trying to decide if it was best for me to make it in 2d or 2.5D. Might choose the former for now though.