2. added the dark spots on his back
3. fixed a little bit the lighting to match the sprites
4. added cloth material
5. added a more oily look to his skin
6. fixed the sash, was separate from his body
7. increase a little bit the size of the head

and that's it

Last edited:
You also made the render less blue than the last time around and fixed the bulge in his leg.
Before it was amazing.
Now I'm simply in love.
Pure perfection, man.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Very good job guys. I love the detail put into these character models. It is such a shame WB shut this down. Are any of the characters going to be released to the public? I would love to see all Mugen character models look like this, outstanding. I hope they go in a different direction after MKX. And employ this kind of talent. Good luck and most of all have fun. I hope these models inspire others to push to such perfection. Congratulations!

Last edited:
Goddamn, arq, your Goro is really among the best, most detailed and realistic (if one can say that about Goro:_wink:)
models and textures I have Ever seen! It looks out of this world. You should really help out NetherRealmStudios and show them how to create a proper Goro!

It's good to see you continuing to work on it.
Some changes are really good. The dynamics on the hair are REALLY impressive.

The right hand, however, still looks jerky, as if it's hitting something.

Here's a very crude mockup I did in Photoshop of what I'd expect the arm's motion to look like.
Yours is on the right for comparison.
Try to ignore the artifacts.
Consider I had to rotate the arm individually in each frame and sketch up something to cover its original position.

zUb29V.gif
SonyaFightposetest2_zps1a9d13db.gif

Also, I think the shoulders need some bouncing motion too.
And I'm not sure about the motion you added to the head. Is it me or the head is moving sideways?
The motion should be only in the direction in which you signal "yes" with your head.

It's good to see you continuing to work on it.
Some changes are really good. The dynamics on the hair are REALLY impressive.

The right hand, however, still looks jerky, as if it's hitting something.

Here's a very crude mockup I did in Photoshop of what I'd expect the arm's motion to look like.
Yours is on the right for comparison.
Try to ignore the artifacts.
Consider I had to rotate the arm individually in each frame and sketch up something to cover its original position.

zUb29V.gif
SonyaFightposetest2_zps1a9d13db.gif

Also, I think the shoulders need some bouncing motion too.
And I'm not sure about the motion you added to the head. Is it me or the head is moving sideways?
The motion should be only in the direction in which you signal "yes" with your head.

'I'm still trying to adjust the movement of the right arm, but it's true, the arm seems to hit something yet.
- The movement of the head, she really moves her head forward and to the side.
I will fix this and increase shoulder motion, it is a subtle movement that you can not see.
- Oh ... Do not worry about that white border around the image, as in the final version it will disappear.