Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

It's not dead.
His work was great, but if he denies us the right to use it, we'll sure go on and try to get someone else to fill in.
We have no time constraints, and therefore no need to give up.

I want to join you guys. Can you tell me exactly what are you planning to do so I can help you?

--Español porque mi inglés es mierda xD--
Me pueden explicar exactamente de qué se trata esto del remix con mugen? No termino de entender si lo único que van a hacer va a ser cambiar las texturas del juego original o si van a hacer un nuevo juego desde cero programandolo ustedes mismos. La verdad es que tengo muchas ganas de ayudar y nunca antes me había metido en un proyecto así. No sé nada de modelaje 3D, pero puedo aprender. Sin embargo sé un poco de programación, y podría ayudar con eso (depende del lenguaje en el que esté escrito el juego)

What is your skill set Rattlehead15?

I want to join you guys. Can you tell me exactly what are you planning to do so I can help you?

Me pueden explicar exactamente de qué se trata esto del remix con mugen? No termino de entender si lo único que van a hacer va a ser cambiar las texturas del juego original o si van a hacer un nuevo juego desde cero programandolo ustedes mismos. La verdad es que tengo muchas ganas de ayudar y nunca antes me había metido en un proyecto así. No sé nada de modelaje 3D, pero puedo aprender. Sin embargo sé un poco de programación, y podría ayudar con eso (depende del lenguaje en el que esté escrito el juego)

The game is being remade from scratch using sprites created from 3D renders.
The programming side of things should be covered.
Although we haven't heard much of them lately, there's already two guys working on it.

I'm also a programmer, but haven't got into that due to my lack of experience in game engines.

BTW, regardless of how willing you are to help, I think unless you find a way to write in english (at least using a translator), things will be really difficult, since the only active members that speak spanish are arq and I.

I don't recall whether he did the full sprite sets for both of them.
Did he?

To answer your questions, yep he did. It is just that it requires palette swapping since Sub's and Scorps moves are essentially the same. But yes he did all the specials and fatalities and get decapped stuff

His absence is more about fear than work ethic. What bothers me though is that he's been a bit resistant to handing off his files. Everyone else who has ever worked on this project has handed off their files once they left the project. I've asked him three times now and each time he says he'll give them to me, but then he never does. Now he is unreachable via Skype (he is invisible on there now for weeks). I don't think he likes the idea of anyone else picking up his work and continuing without him. I'd be shocked and amazed if he were just on vacation or something. I think he plans to disappear altogether. I wish I could reach him but he never responds to emails. The only way I could ever reach him was via skype and I've left him a bunch of messages there. I normally would not make any of this knowledge public but I'm hoping perhaps he reads this one day and will respond with a definitive, "sorry I've been busy, here are the files" or "no I don't owe you anything and I'm not cool with the project going on without me."

2mbe2Z8.gif

So without all the work that Bleed already did, does that mean this project is inevitably dead?

With him gone it doesn't mean its dead, it just means its been pushed back probably 5 more years

Yeah it's dead.

I congratulate the entire team working on Mortal Kombat HD Remix will be great, I hope to participate recording some voices, I will also helping to improve sprites. Cheers and keep well!

Well, looks like my skills won't be that useful for this project, since there's people who can do the same things I do but better. So I guess I'll be better off not helping. However I'll keep an eye on this thread and if you ever need anything just contact me.
Btw: I am aware that I'd also need to improve at english in order to help :/

You know, it's sad to see Bleed depart as he had contributed so much. His intro animations were really great. However, Arq_Hawkin has come such a long way that (providing he's up to the challenge) I see no reason why he can't carry this project through. If anything, it could be an opportunity to maybe even improve some of the original work. The early ninjas ("I am not a ninja! I am Lin Kuei! Scorpion was a ninja!") weren't perfect so maybe this is a chance to first correct issues with those early attempts but also be able to keep a consistent aesthetic, style, size, workflow, etc.

Hello guys, I made some animations to test.
-Bio Sonya.
-pose fight.
-test your might.

-Bio Sonya got some errors so I will not put it here now. I'll leave it for last to devote more time to it.
- Animation: Test your might, I will still render the imgens for a better evaluation then will post soon.
-Pose Fight, is a simple and low-quality animation just to test.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/hc65m18rbmxw3bk/Sonya+test+11.gif

that looks REALLY REALLY NICE CRIS, as uker said the animation is a little stiff and jumpy but that's nothing a good smoothing in the curves couldn't solve, my suggestions:

1. the animation in the shoulders is too fast, slow it down a bit and increase the effect on the shoulders
2. the arms animation have to be smoother.
3. the left arm should be making like a small circles pattern and not that straight line you can see when the arms moves from one point to another.
4. the hair and animation looks great, I would add a little wobble to her head, cause now is looking a little stiff and remember she is jumping, a really low jumpy but the movement should be felt in the whole body.
5. I think you haven't add cloth animation..... when you do it it will look even more awesome.

I will tell you the same thing that many people told me back then..... INCREDIBLE how far you've come... congrats man.

May have been mentioned already but the feet are flickering in Sonya's pose fight stance. Looks pretty good to me otherwise. Haven't seen other stuff yet.

The speed was really high because I'm not good with gifs.
If I can adjust the speed, this will solve most problems.
I'll make the corrections that you all pointed Thank you all.
Calactyte, You need the statue Kano?
I can help you, if you give me permission.
I can download the file from Kano made ​​by gojira and puts it in the position of the statue and send to you in the format (.obj) if you wish.
This week I'm free time, it would be simple and quick to solve.

Last edited: