Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Kudos's to you guys for your efforts. If you succeed I'll eat your poop, or definitely contribute $$

You guys are aware that once money starts changing hands that is when excellent projects like this get shut down right? You would be making money off of an IP that doesn't belong to you.

In order for the WB to not slap a cease and desist order on this project it needs to remain free. Even then, as said above, similar projects have still been asked to stop production by certain companies.

I don't want to see this project get shutdown for stupid reasons, so I thought I'd post this just as an FYI.

Can't even describe in human words how impressed I am.

You guys are talented as ****!
Keep up the great work.

Recently I Made A Palette Swap For The First Scorpion Posted.

Here Is Ermac.

Ermac_final.gif

Will You Guys Be Making Each Character Individual? Without The Same Stances?

Or Will The Ninjas Be Palette Swaps With The Same Stances Like Most Were In UMK3?

Last edited:
Recently I Made A Palette Swap For The First Scorpion Posted.

Here Is Ermac.

Ermac_final.gif

Or Will Characters Be Palette Swaps With The Same Stances Like In UMK3?

Omg. Sick Stuff man, really want to play MKHD with Mugen soo bad now :D

Ok, does anyone mind if we organize this project. We have like 5 people doing the same job. We need to fomally assign jobs, and make sure we all know what we are doing.

Also, please do not post UMK3 or MKII models here, right now we are not doing that. Only MK1 for now.

Or Will Characters Be Palette Swaps With The Same Stances Like In UMK3?

It is an HD remake of MK1, so there will be the same amount of sprites as the original, and palette swap stances. All the ninjas stand the same way anyway (except for the fighting stances and special moves).

Agree MikeyMK,

I recommend make a list of members that will collaborate and what they will do.

i.e.

MikeyMK, 3D Modeling [Character]
Bleed, 3D Modeling [Character]
BadMouse. 3D Modeling [Stage] & UI
Interloko, Programing

Agree MikeyMK,

I recommend make a list of members that will collaborate and what they will do.

i.e.

MikeyMK, 3D Modeling [Character]
Bleed, 3D Modeling [Character]
BadMouse. 3D Modeling [Stage] & UI
Interloko, Programing

Right, but we need to know who does what characters. What I am doing now is the ninjas, with the same number of sprite frames as MK1.

MikeyMK, do you have any pic of it?

Now looks like Bleed and you are making the same character.
About me im making the Select Screen.

If you and Bleed are working in the same character someone have to stop.

The hard part is have a good balance between the character modeling. Normally if 1 person modeling all characters is easy to respect the same style in the characters but if different persons modeling characters all will looks different between characters.

I recommend that all the character modeling members use the same character base or separate Male, Female and Beast for get a according uniform style.

BTW, the MK1 have few flames per animation, make a HD game with few frames will be a bad result.

Last edited:
I see what you mean about the sprites. It's hard since I am making the animations frame-by-frame. If Bleed is willing to do the animations himself, so be it. I have no problem with it. But something has to be done about MK1 Scorpion's mask. It kind of looks like he is sucking it in. Otherwise, what will I have to do, if I leave the characters to Bleed? BTW, is Bleed even on this forum? If he is, someone should contact him and tell him to post here.

Yeah, i think the same about the mask...

Bleed is in many forums, i will ask him about post here.

do you have any sprite to show ?

About the bleed MK1 Scorpion i guess he will make the animations too.

I have some sprites, but they are frame-by-frame done in XNA, and after seeing what Bleed can do with UMK3 animations, I think I should leave it to him. I used the MK9 Klassic skin model for Scorpion. I did post some (not finished) Sub-Zero Slide move sprites earlier. There were only 2 frames in the original, so I only made it 2 frames. I don't think it will really do much for this.

If You Guys Need Help With Any Palette/Color Swapping For The Sprites/Animations/Projectiles Of The Ninjas/Robots, Let Me Know!

Sure, thanks. We'll let you know if we need anything. There is going to be a lot of work going into this project. We can use all the help we can get.

That mk3 scorpion is the most badass thing ive ever seen. I cant believe my eyes. To the team working on this, take your time, and thanks !

here's how you can tackle the frame issue; if u wanna make it look good, add as many frames as you want. you can speed up the animation for that move to counteract it and maintain gameplay authenticity.