Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

As I said before, as a drawing it's excellent, but you're probably forgetting that this is how the woman is supposed to look.

mk_gamesmaster.jpg

Also, rather than just saying "look, this face I made is nicer than yours", at this point what's valuable is to lead Cris Berserk by pointing out specific changes he can apply to his model to make it better.

Also, rather than just saying "look, this face I made is nicer than yours", at this point what's valuable is to lead Cris Berserk by pointing out specific changes he can apply to his model to make it better.

You're wrong uKER, I never wanted to say "look, this face I made is nicer than yours" (and I already said that Cris Model was VERY good).
I'm simply saying that some stuff like the face, the hairs and some shadows can be improved using photoshop when the 3D render is completed. To put it clearly, I was speaking about doing sprites in 2 steps: 3d renders and then, editing details with gimp or photoshop ^^
But I agree, in my exemple, the face is not enough like Malecki :D

EDIT:
Here's a second attempt
sonya_sprite1_v2_zpsa86e15be.png

Last edited:
My honest thoughts!!!! I think sonya should stay the wat it is now, I agree the sprites can be edited after of course but believe me, there is no way someone can make touch ups of the face in every sprites without it being too HORRIBLY NOTICIBLE... I do think, the lighting and hair can be improved IF CRIS WANTS. if cris wants he can send and the model textured, not rigged, just textured and posed so I can ad lighting so and materials so he can have an idea how it could look.

other than that, photoshop can be used for just color correction making AN ACTION IN PHOTOSHOP, not retouching every sprites by hand

My honest thoughts!!!! I think sonya should stay the wat it is now, I agree the sprites can be edited after of course but believe me, there is no way someone can make touch ups of the face in every sprites without it being too HORRIBLY NOTICIBLE... I do think, the lighting and hair can be improved IF CRIS WANTS. if cris wants he can send and the model textured, not rigged, just textured and posed so I can ad lighting so and materials so he can have an idea how it could look.

other than that, photoshop can be used for just color correction making AN ACTION IN PHOTOSHOP, not retouching every sprites by hand

No problem, that was just a proposal.

She looks too happy here in my opinion. I think what Cris has is good enough. Cris can you send me the statue? Can you also PM me your email address so I can add you to drop box?
sonya_sprite1_v2_zps91c1ef03.png
[/QUOTE]

Hey guys, I agree with you when you say that Cris's model is good as it is ^^
However (and yes i'm nitpicking again, lol), E. Malecki is clearly smiling and looks happy on the original sprite:

win_pose_zps55261b12.png

Now, for informations, I know that everybody was focus on the smile but there was some other things I noticed too:

sonya2_zpsd1a9250a.png

1 - The begining of the arms could be more thin
2 - Her brief appears above her belt (you can see it on the original sprite)
3 - The node of her belt could be more noticeable and the belt slightly tighter.
4 - I think it could be better to see the shadow of her green crop top below her breast (this gives more volume to her torso and breast)
5 - Her breast should have slightly more volume and her crop top should be less "wrinkled" (I suppose it's due to the polygons)
Also, not necessary but more realistic, there could be vertical wrinkles on the traps of her top.
6 - Finally, the relief on her neck could be more visible.
7 - Not on the picture but I think the socks should be more wrinkled and the shoes less large.

You're wrong uKER, I never wanted to say "look, this face I made is nicer than yours" (and I already said that Cris Model was VERY good).
I'm simply saying that some stuff like the face, the hairs and some shadows can be improved using photoshop when the 3D render is completed. To put it clearly, I was speaking about doing sprites in 2 steps: 3d renders and then, editing details with gimp or photoshop ^^
But I agree, in my exemple, the face is not enough like Malecki :D

EDIT:
Here's a second attempt
sonya_sprite1_v2_zps91c1ef03.png

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

I guess he means the animation from when he is punched in the nuts.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

is there an animation like that? :O

I know there's a kick in the balls animation but not a punch in the balls

Last edited:
Nah I mean when Cage does his split punch and hits Liu in the balls, LOL.

Edit: couldn't find Kang but you can see all the male charcters should have this reaction:

http://www.retrogarden.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/mk1.jpg

Not sure where you can get this sprite set. Doesn't seem to be on Mortal Kombat Warehouse. Maybe record it from M.A.M.E.?

now that you mention it, it's true, I haven't seen the sprites for that reaction!! IS LA_LUNA around?
[MENTION=16370]uKER[/MENTION]
I mean this one, it should be hitting somewhere around the balls
d03.gif

LOL, nah.
About the actual nuts punch, IIRC it's a single frame.
If you can't get it I'd have no problem ripping it from MAME.

you're wrong uker, i never wanted to say "look, this face i made is nicer than yours" (and i already said that cris model was very good).
I'm simply saying that some stuff like the face, the hairs and some shadows can be improved using photoshop when the 3d render is completed. To put it clearly, i was speaking about doing sprites in 2 steps: 3d renders and then, editing details with gimp or photoshop ^^
but i agree, in my exemple, the face is not enough like malecki :d

edit:
Here's a second attempt
sonya_sprite1_v2_zpsa86e15be.png

wow this is amazing bro

looks so much better with the bigger smile

im still mad this project won'tbe finished until 2018 though :(

Hello guys :)
I tried to make some adjustments with Gimp on the last render of Cris in order to make it match better with the original sprite. It's not perfect but let me know what you think about it.
I know this could take some time to do it but what do you think about editing rendered sprites with gimp or photoshop in order to improve things like hairs, face and shadows ? ( sorry for my bad english ^^; )

Original sprite from Cris Berserk:

sonya_sprite_orig_zps7c92fee3.png

Edited sprite :

sonya_sprite1_zps105c862e.png

Well look, i don ´t convinced almost. I believe that this new example makes reminds to this version of sonya:
2a6ovhk.gif

This sonya at mk2 is not elizabeth thanks to legal problems with Midway. I am no saying that is the same from your work, cause honestly this sonya at ending seem a shemale. I don ´t feel this 3d model as elizabeth, but is a good remplacement without any doubt.