Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

That small stuff can easily be fixed for the statue.
Granted, it will become problematic for the actual victory pose.

In the original version is difficult to know the exact size of the smile because of the low resolution, and also she does not wear lipstick. What makes it difficult to see the position of the lips properly.

I made this gif for a comparison. Win Pose Sonya / Sonya Statue.
Sonya ST5.gif

I think it can be improved in the 3D model, but the small details is doing better in photoshop.

That looks nicer than I thought.
Here's a slight touchup to the face that I think makes it a bit better.
Slightly lowered the eyebrows in the middle and raised the lower lip a bit.
Hopefully should get rid of the "wasn't me" face and give her a more Malecki expression.

Congratulations on the sculpting of the body.
Especially the arms look very natural.

Sonya-ST5_zps7d451a5e.gif~original

Last edited:
That looks nicer than I thought.
Here's a slight touchup to the face that I think makes it a bit better.
Slightly lowered the eyebrows in the middle and raised the lower lip a bit.
Hopefully should get rid of the "wasn't me" face and give her a more Malecki expression.

Congratulations on the sculpting of the body.
Especially the arms look very natural.

Sonya-ST5_zps7d451a5e.gif~original

very good man, this is a good reference, Thanks.

Nice work on Sonya :)
Looking at her face, I think that her nose is too long and her jaw is not enough squary. Here's a quick reference:
Left: orignal version, right: altered version
sonya1_zps98f89b6b.png

sonya2_zps224a3891.png

Awesome work Cris,about MK1 Sonya Blade,where her basic sprites?I'm curious how her roundhouse kicks & sweep kicks look like in this HD remake format & how her thong swimsuit lycra looks from behind.

LOL, seems like cb0363 beat me to it with some of his corrections in the face! I am just to damn slow, dammit.
Anyway, I have prepared something to post, so I still want to post it, which covers something of cb0363`s
corrections and something else.

Overall, good job, Cris Berserk I think the general look is very good, most of all I like the look of the arms
and the stomach very much. However I would still tweak it a bit and took the freedom to make several changes.

Sonya-ST5.gif

First of all, the legs seem to be a bit O shaped, I would counter this by extending their width a bit towards
the inside of the legs.
Also, in the original, her smile was much more pronounced than in your version, it looked almost like a grin,
which means that her teeth were more showing and her mouth was larger, which is what I changed.
Then I reduced her nose length a bit because in the original, it wasn't as long.
Also, in the original, her eyes had a more joyous expression just as in the emoticon ^-^, so I tried to make
the eyes more slanted to achieve this look.
For the record, I STILL think that her legs are too short in comparison to the rest of the body, but we covered
that already, and it seems that I can't convince anybody, so I dropped that criticism. Or maybe her arms are
too long? No matter, we will see if it looks right when she is animated, anyway.

Apart from that, good job Cris Berserk, and good luck to you for the rest of your Sonya interpretation.

Last edited:
Firstly, I would like to thank everyone for illustrate these references.
I'll see what I can do with each.

@ Arq, thanks for alerting me on the collarbone.

To answer your question @ eurotwins1340, I still have no ready animated because I'm making the final adjustments.
The animations will be made soon.

@ errormacro08, her legs are not short.
Maybe this bad impression is caused by the camera.

Looks impressive.
His shoulders seem a little wider than the original but it's not too bad.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
first test.
victory pose
View attachment 6387

That looks awesome, I just have a few things to say about the lighting, if you looks closely to the original sprites you can notice how they seted up the lights, one light coming from the top of the head, another coming from the front, you can see the highlights of this light on his legs and the last one coming from sektor's right, just like mk1!! This light has to be like three times stronger than the other two lights!! Congrats man, can't wait to it animated

I'm PSYCHED so far.
Love that there's all new characters, love the new announcer, the graphics, the mechanics, the proportions in the ninjas' models, the fatalities (yes, I even love the hole in SZ's torso, which despite impossible, isn't downright stupid like Sonya's), love the way the X-rays are much better integrated into the fighting, not breaking it like in MK9, love the stage interactions, Sub-zero and Scorpion's quotes are badass... I can't ask for more.
The voice acting and writing in the "lady bug" and that baby that rides that grunt could be better, but whatever.
I can't complain.
This is looking SPECTACULAR.

For the first time in MANY Mortal Kombat games, I LOVE the new announcer.
Feels like an actual voice, and not a downpitched ritalin addict.

Last edited: