Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Making something like that would be nice, a demo at least 1 character a stage and some basic gameplay. Smaller goal to create a nice base to work with.

this is terrible

but I don't see how it's illegal to alter an IP into your own creation and give it away for free...

Maybe you guys could continue to make the game but change the title to Mortal Combat and spell each characters name slightly differently. ie: Johnny Caige instead of Cage, Sonya Blaid instead of Blade? Scorppion with two Ps?

is that at all possible?

What about finishing the entire project and sending a hardcopy and digital copy directly to Ed Boon himself? Maybe through him something can be worked out to where we can actually buy it?

Or maybe release the game with literally no characters and have each of the characters available for download separately (if that makes any sense) that way you're not actually giving away the game, you're just giving away pieces and it's up to the user to put those pieces together if he/she chooses to.

I'd really hate for this project to end after all that hard work........before u guys let this "lady" from warners bros scare u into abandoning it we should atleast get an opinion from an actual lawyer/s before we actually make a decision on anything.

Last edited:
Literally a day or two after I post about how much I like this, Bleed says it's over haha...

How about you release the levels, sounds and sprites and some people will just assemble them into a game and whoever releases the game is fully responsible for his actions instead of you.
That way, you won't release a game, you will just release sprites.

Ps. I will not lie to you. I wouldn't have obsessed over this HD MK you are making when it would have finally came out.
I much rather see the development process of it on these forums than to actually play it.
Sure, as a fan I would have loved to see all 3 mk games remade with the level of quality and obsession that you guys put here.
It's clear as day that an official HD remake would never ever ever ever satisfy any fan of this project, considering how far you guys went with the perfectionism and accuracy of real life actor reproduction...

The most awesome stuff WB was able to come up with in a HD remake, was to use different actors and have them turned into HD sprites...

And wouldn't you know it how these miserable corporatist zionist pigs would pull the plug on this project only after they let the fans work for 2 years instead of pulling the plug a few months after it started.
They just let you work all this time for nothing and then shit on hundreds of hours of work and hope and passion with one cease and desist message.

Either that, or Bleed is lying about the cease and desist because he really wants to quit this project without pissing off other people that worked here.
I think that's more likely that Bleed had enough of it because he even kind of hinted it on the youtube comment section in one of his videos when he was asked by a random person, why does he waste his talent on this project instead of doing much better things...

That's bullshit either way and Bleed if you decided to quit, then I can't really curse you even though I would, because it was your hobby and you also treated my eyes to some really cool stuff that I really wanted to see for myself.
I loved seeing, sub zero, scorpion(especially the mk3 one) and johnny cage as animated high resolution sprites.
You removed the curiosity of constantly having to imagine how would they look if they were not pixelated and I thank you for that!
I wish you a good life and maybe you ever get interested in carmageddon reincarnation and come make some mods for that game, some nice cars or something, because that game fully and officially supports modding.
I wish you a good life!

Last edited:
guys I just have to thank you who started the project, I'm sorry for what happened in the end, the dream of seeing the MK HD is going to water down, but congratulations for what you have done so far.

Wish I could say that I am surprised that they would do this. Bleed, can you please PM me who called you with their name and contact info?

This is very sad, to be honest is very unfair.
are years of hard work to simply be thrown out because of "WB".
is sad to see a high quality work done by @ cal, Bleed, Arq and many others who contributed, be canceled because of the WB.
I respect the decision of others. if they want to stop, but I'll finish the job I started.

I think we should continue.

In my opinion you can continue your work as far as there is no "completed version" of a mortal Kombat game. also you can code a base game with only one or two characters and then make other assets and remaining characters as downloadable MUGEN characters, stages, etc...

Last edited:
Let's continue working on the characters. We can release them to Mugen community if nothing else. Who knows perhaps someone will take our assets and create a game on their own and in a country where they could not be sued by WB. In the meantime lets keep creating character sprites. No one can stop us from creating fan artwork. Which is all this really is until someone decides to code it.

MKHD was canceled again! lol

Well, honestly i tho that soon or later this is going to happen.
So far near of 100% of mugen games are illegal, they rip sprites from original games and make free games.

In case of this project, all the graphics is made by fans from 0, but all the designs and names have copyright.

There is nothing we can do cuz they are right.

Personally I loved this project cuz I really want a MK1,MK2,MK3 and and MK4 HD vesion and obviously i will love to buy all of them from NS.

This project was good and everybody learn a lot, that is cool! was fun!

Thanks to everyone.

btw, did you read this?

http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/News/read.cds?article=2023

Edboon talked about a MK2 director cut

Last edited:
With the talent all you guys have, you should make your own fighting game with original characters and have it kickstarted.

If you found the way to bring your deceased grandpa back to life but someone didn't let you, it wouldn't be much of an alternative to just go play with someone else, would it?
Making money was never the aim here.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Sad to hear about this guys, but it happens.

Good luck in your future. Hopefully this means NRS is working on a classic HD collection.

I just wanted to swing by and say "great work" to all of you for all of the hours you put in over the years.
It's been a pleasure seeing what you have come up with since 2011. I never thought I'd see fan creations look as exceptional as what I've seen created here.

As we all have seen dozens of dozens of times by now, is that one of the biggest killers of fan projects is the lack of vision of a completed project and the will of its' creators to continue working to completion. You guys still have both of those things and seemingly overqualified talent working together to pull off a fangame.

You've made something great enough for a massive corporation to CnD before you even hit alpha.
Wear that CnD like a badge of honor.

Sorry to say this, but if NRS is working on an hd remake it wouldn't be half as good as this one because they are not putting 20% of the love and pasion we are putting in this one, I say we should keep on, change the names and the title if the game, something like deadly fighting or something like that, and remove the logo from the stages!! From now on I will call liu can THE ASIAN GUY LOL :p

I say we should keep on, change the names and the title if the game, something like deadly fighting or something like that, and remove the logo from the stages!! From now on I will call liu can THE ASIAN GUY LOL :p

^^ this is exactly what I said earlier.

drop the K and add a C to Kombat with some slight name changes in the characters.

This is perfectly legal

yR9Ymh-642x480.jpeg

frootloops.jpg