Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Natan, I wasn't trying to match the background, I just put it there to have something on liu's back, matching the background and other minor details is mrmos3's job, and the same answer applies to the other member!

My job is to create a base for mrmos3, and I think it's a god base compared to my last ending pic

@arq_hawkin, Bueno pero no se enoje

Anyway. I still think it looks like Liu Kang is on a film set with lamps that illuminate.
Use a single lamp that emits a sunlight before rendering. Liu Kang will look better for the ending and and after that mrmos3's altering contrast , brightness and everything he sees fit

@arh_hawkin
Si, del chavo, jeje.
No tomes que quiero corregir con mala leche, tu liu va joya.
;)

forgive me the rest of the user to write in Spanish.

great work.

I may have missed it arq did you put your new Liu ending up on dropbox (layered PSD file?) for MrMos3s yet? Any chance you can render out ending 2 with the new Liu?

not yet cal, I haven't finish with the 1st. ending pic, maybe tomorro I upload it

and yes, I will render the ending 2 as soon as possible

ello guys !!, well, first i have to say CONGRATULATIONS for the results you are having on this, and all the effort and passion you are taking on it, and tell you, that all your work i see on this project, is amazing, looking for the very prefessional development of it, inspire to me, to register on this thread, and try to help a little from my point of view no matter what.
zory if my english is a little flat is just is not my fisrt language !
I am a digital artist primary illustrator and lerning 3d and so on,
in this link are some of my works

http://sierradigitaliart.webnode.es/photogallery/

so i came because i am a strong gamer, and specially a fan of mk games, obviously, so,, trough steam, i saw a post, about people doing an hd remake, of the first MK game, i read it, and follow the thread, to the end, and thought,, well,, i can helpthem to improve with a little, or at least see, your work, from others people fresh eyes, they are superMINOR suggestions, of the work i see so far, wich is incredible and very talented maybe the art directions i will write here, you are already working on, but you can take them anyway, and do whatever you want obviously :D.

opinions and suggestions of what i see,,
its awsome the lighting and textures of the characters models and background very HD.
1.i saw a pic, where is, Cage, Liu, Scorpion and Subzero very close to each other, so maybe you can adjust the heads of the ninjas a tin bigger that it appear right now, at least in that picture , their heads looking a little small, compared to the others characters.

2.the eyes of zub zero in the character selection screen, maybe look like a little to far of the nose?. In the original pic, in low res, they appear more close to the nose, because the actor who was johnny cage, did the ninjas to, so is the same face changed a little.

3.raiden looks incredible, and it must be taking a lot of work, maybe his eyes can be less cyan, and more blue and no color flat , adding some shading round shadow. and meke them like they are iluminated from inside, but not glowing,,, more,, like the scorpion`s, but with a border blue, not so light blue. I am sure you guys are working on. the lightening trough or around his body is looking too flat so maybe you can try if you can make it more organic and less flat and match the same color lightening of his eyes, or kepp the eyes of raiden in white so it looks more intimidating and misterious like MK9. . try to match up the skin palettes of the characters , hair, eyes , clothes, etc.
4.use the net to obtain the original actors likeness ,and try to model it around them the best you can so you can capt the soul and interpretation of them.

5. liu right now, it looks almost final to me, the only thing i notest, is his face doesnt look like the actor, or too oriental, very close sure ,but maybe ad some adjustments on his eyes mouth and chiks.

6. the sound is sounding very reminiscent of the original and crystal clear, the only thing is the narrator voice, is not bad, but there is something strange in his pronunsation and tone maybe you can play a little more with that.

well that all I hope you like my sugesstions or not , not matter the hing is keeping it fresh, i am very happy with this project happening and i hoping to try it when will realese it you guys must finish it, becasuse is awsome, and deserve be apreciated, for all the fans around the world who are laike you very passionate, about this game so
KEEP THE GOOD WORK!! and hoping for look more material soon! if you need photoshop or something i can help and let me know!

I'm just going to leave it like this, there is a .png of this in drop box with the transparent background.

I took some of my files from drop box and put them on my hard drive to make room. If somebody needs them, let me know and I'll put it back.

Last edited:
That mod for Doom looks terrible to me. Just dreadful.. it's the SNES graphics made worse somehow. I can tell they took out frames.

I'm just going to leave it like this, there is a .png of this in drop box with the transparent background.

I took some of my files from drop box and put them on my hard drive to make room. If somebody needs them, let me know and I'll put it back.

HOLY BAJEEZIS! That is perfect, Bleed. Thank you!!! :D

That mod for Doom looks terrible to me. Just dreadful.. it's the SNES graphics made worse somehow. I can tell they took out frames.
Why do you say that?
It looks perfect!
I don't see any frames missing.
The hitboxes and physics look EXACTLY like the arcade too.

Yeah, right.

Last edited:
Looks even better than the previous one.
I sure wouldn't about it worry any more if I were you.

Before handing it off for Photoshopping, I'd only pose the arms hanging dead.
I don't see that pose in the original. It looks pretty much tired, like he just got off a fight (which is kinda fitting since he's supposedly just won the tournament).

Congrats, man.

Last edited:
Messing with the Select portrait now, test render.

bleed your portrait of raiden better than the real life person itself!!!i can t see the time to play the hd remstered MK, and your arts on the web ,are incredible !keep it up dude ,you just win another fan here! XD

maybe his face is too desaturated dunoo the original pic

Last edited by a moderator: