Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Can you work on getting scorp vs. sub? Projectiles and fatalities and fully working match? Maybe get TYM working. Your part in this keeps the artists motivated. We need you interloko! Oh and your mailbox is full.

Quick question:

Was it decided if we will have an options/settings menu for things like switching original music for new music, etc.?

I feel REALLY dumb for not knowing this... hahaha

Its been debated but never out of the question. Its certainly not our ideal, of that Im sure. I remember hearing about including an option to change some things such as the music tho. I don't remember what was decided.

Personally I don't have an opinion on the music option in particular. I can see the appeal of including both.

Lets also make sure the computer AI isn't cheap like that in Mortal Kombat trilogy where they know every move you do before you even press a button ;(

Lets also make sure the computer AI isn't cheap like that in Mortal Kombat trilogy where they know every move you do before you even press a button ;(

Yeah, AI should be tough enough to challenge you but not so tough that no one but a video game master can beat it.

Liu kang is amazing, but there 2 parts that are starnge

in up it's too square and donn't move and in part below move too much, like he are runing against the wind
sorry for the bar english

Attachments

• liu.jpg
    liu.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 329
Yeah, AI should be tough enough to challenge you but not so tough that no one but a video game master can beat it.

In reality it's more like most people had to resort to cheap patterns that exploit holes in the AI to win rather than truly master it. Even MKII was guilty to a degree to this.... many people used the jump back jump kick pattern to beat the game.

Testing something now, looks like I found a solution for my cloth looping problem. I tried the way Arq suggested with playing the animation twice, and rendering the second loop. It's better than before, but there is still a pop at the loop frame. It may be because the animation is not as fast, so you can see the subtle twitching.

I figured out how to get the cloth sim back in to the Tpose though, so that's a big help for me now.

The idea is to skin the cloth like normal, and animate it like that.

Run a cloth sim, and at certain key frames, I can save the shape of the cloth and export it.

I then have to export 3 versions of the cloth
1 = Tpose
2 = Posed with Skin
3 = Posed by cloth sim

I import the Tposed base in to Zbrush, and add a layer. Import the skin posed mesh to that layer. Make another layer, and import the cloth sim mesh to that one. Turn off the skin posed layer, and the cloth sim layer will take the overall shape of the Tpose, without losing the folds from the cloth simulation.

Import that new Tpose mesh with the folds on it, and use it as a morph.

This way I can get the cloth to change shape with many folds, but have control of the overall form with the bones.

The combination makes a smooth loop easy to control.

Other morphs can be created for different poses, and I only have to blend them in and out for certain key frames.

K, I guess it works...

Animate everything with bones, and warp the cloth using a morph to make the folds change shape.

Not as realistic as a true simulation, but I have more control with it.

Bleed, Looks great! Are you going to make some animations of raiden or move to another character? Maybe Kano or update Kung Lao?

I'm making a larger render of Raiden right now. I'll try another animation tomorrow for him, maybe a kick to see how this looks with a fast movement.

Now if I could find a way to animate the cloth bones automatically... Maybe link them to the surface of a low poly cloth, and use that as a guide. That's the biggest pain, cloth animation by hand.

Last edited:
this raiden was fantastic, gives the impression that it is unique with a difference that is in HD , a true work of art, I'm impressed,bleed congratulations!:

Last edited:
I love the MKII Raiden. So many more details are becoming obvious now that it's HD, like I hadn't really noticed that he wears a white tunic right underneath the blue one. He looks absolutely amazing!

Having said that, I think he should have a bit more of the white bits visible around the neck/upper chest area instead of completely black. See http://images.wikia.com/mk/images/5/5e/12-carlos-pesina.jpg for a good reference. Also, in his stance in MKII, his arms move slightly up and down as well as side-to-side, and he is holding up his left hand completely as opposed to just two fingers.

Keep it up, bleed! I think your renders are just so incredible and lifelike, almost as if the actors' likenesses had been scanned in 3D at the time.

I'm making a larger render of Raiden right now. I'll try another animation tomorrow for him, maybe a kick to see how this looks with a fast movement.

Now if I could find a way to animate the cloth bones automatically... Maybe link them to the surface of a low poly cloth, and use that as a guide. That's the biggest pain, cloth animation by hand.

His right thumb looks kinda off, and there is a line on the side of his right hand as well.