Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

post-26056-Antonio-Banderas-computer-reac-cWjn.gif

Best Indie game of the year from multiple publications when this finally hits the streets.

That image is great!! lol

Thanks again guys. I'm so glad you guys seem to be digging it! :D

Completely unrelated but it JUST happened and I must speak about it:

Just had the mist frusterating session of Injustice ever. OMG. I love that game but dear god in heaven... I'm going to be uploading a video of this session to my YouTube channel. Gah!

Thanks again guys. I'm so glad you guys seem to be digging it! :D

Completely unrelated but it JUST happened and I must speak about it:

Just had the mist frusterating session of Injustice ever. OMG. I love that game but dear god in heaven... I'm going to be uploading a video of this session to my YouTube channel. Gah!

PS3 or 360?

I'm a noob but I'd be willing to take a few ass whoopings here n there. (PS3 side of course)

Glad to see he is active somewhere. His mailbox is full on here and he hasn't provided an update in months. I don't understand really. When you have all the assets to make a working game, why take years to do it? It is kind of frustrating really. If ever we have the option to switch platforms where we can find a motivated programmer, I wouldn't ever bug interloko again.

I am starting to wonder if Interloko is capable of making this game. Maybe he spends all his time trying to make stuff work. I don't even ask anymore. Once all the assets are made I am ready to find someone who cares about this project.

Glad to see he is active somewhere. His mailbox is full on here and he hasn't provided an update in months. I don't understand really. When you have all the assets to make a working game, why take years to do it? It is kind of frustrating really. If ever we have the option to switch platforms where we can find a motivated programmer, I wouldn't ever bug interloko again.

I am starting to wonder if Interloko is capable of making this game. Maybe he spends all his time trying to make stuff work. I don't even ask anymore. Once all the assets are made I am ready to find someone who cares about this project.

aka Interloko get ur arse to work now

tumblr_mt35755LcX1rdwhtho1_500.gif

Justin, I love it! great work!
Guys, Interloko probably is busy in his work. There isn't too many things to update. only code stages.
About characters, we haven't new animations to add. Bleed is fighting with the lighting issue and working in some personal stuff i guess.

When more animations come out Im sure Interloko is going to update it.

Last edited:
Thanks so much everyone. It sounds like we may finally have our Select Theme done. :D

And that gif made me literally lol. Hahaha

About interloko, I can see what Cal is saying. I mean a programmer has everything they need using the original assets as placeholders to finish the engine entirely, then just swap assets as needed. But what do I know.

Please don't see this as me bad mouthing Interloko. He's a great guy. But lazy is lazy. As Justin said, he could have had the entire game completed with placeholder assets by this time. I'm a Creative/User Experience guy in my day job, but I've also coded games before using Flash Actionscript 2.0 and 3.0. It can take months. The code gets to thousands of lines and you can start to forget that you set an array here, or a variable name there and then you change one thing and something else breaks. I get it, it is no easy task. But lets be honest here. Bleed and Arq could finish all the animations and Interloko isn't suddenly going to magically code the rest of the game in a few days. He probably has hit a few frustrating snags that he maybe can't figure out how to get past. I still haven't seen a working Test Your Might and he's had assets to test that for almost 2 years now.

He has all the assets to do fatalities for Scorpion and Subzero. He even has their ending screens. Why not code the game so that Scorp and Sub can fight each other in HD? He has blood sprites although it needs to be recolored. He even has SFX for uppercuts, blood spashes, falling down and Justin's music. Whenever he has asked for me to edit down Justin's music to fit the game, I have. Doesn't matter what I say here anyway, he probably won't read it. I just don't think he cares all that much.

Justin, I love it! great work!
Guys, Interloko probably is busy in his work. There isn't too many things to update. only code stages.
About characters, we haven't new animations to add. Bleed is fighting with the lighting issue and working in some personal stuff i guess.

When more animations come out Im sure Interloko is going to update it.

It seems that he had two unfinished projects, besides this and the other one posted in the link. He said that he'll be retiring from "mugen scene" with these two last projects.
I don't know, it looks very inconsistent, maybe you're right calactyte :sad:

I checked that link too and he said it was something he recovered in an old computer he just fixed, so maybe he was not really working on that

The thing that kills me, is with people who are motivated and talented like Arq, Bleed, Justin and MrMos3s are we can achieve anything.
Fortunately once the assets are built, finding a programmer who is capable enough probably won't be that hard. They just need to be motivated.

You can see how far we were getting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wgo7g3r_nM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1SXeiNdbXM

Gah. Watching those videos really makes me want to tweak those tracks. What I really wish is that I had some kind of way of testing the tracks to see how they work/feel in-game. Often what sounds good solo doesn't quite work in motion, if you know what I mean.

Now I REALLY want to re-do that Cavern theme especially.

Do it man! I loved the tracks as they were, but you've improved the character select x10 since the first version. God knows we have all the time in the world before we release anything we can call final.

Gah. Watching those videos really makes me want to tweak those tracks. What I really wish is that I had some kind of way of testing the tracks to see how they work/feel in-game. Often what sounds good solo doesn't quite work in motion, if you know what I mean.

Now I REALLY want to re-do that Cavern theme especially.

Do it man! I loved the tracks as they were, but you've improved the character select x10 since the first version. God knows we have all the time in the world before we release anything we can call final.

That's definitely true. There's LOT's of time, unfortunately. haha

Allright. Revisions, coming up! Maybe I'll start doing Fight Videos again with my music synced correctly to test things out.

I may be wrong but... is there really any programming involved in using MUGEN?
Isn't it all declarative?

OK, Here I am.
After my last attemp to continue working in the project I was busy making some tournaments here to send people to compete in other country.
Now I'll hold 4 tournaments next weekend (October 26th-27th) with people from 3 diferent countries. So I'm busy finding locations for these people to stay, and all the stuff behind it.

Last thing I made for the project was adding Liu Kang sprites not once but twice. Even I'll do it again later when they are done.
Is not your fault arq_hawkin, so please don't feel bad about it.
From this point on I'll work only with place holders and I'll wait until something is in its very "final version".