Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

That's most probably due to the machine not being able to handle it properly.
In any case, it shouldn't affect audio, since that most probably runs off a different sync source than the graphics.

To know for sure, set frameskip to 0 (normally auto) and enable performance statistics.
If the framerate is stuck at 100% with no variations, you know the game is working properly.

That said, unless it's an extreme case, the music should not suffer from performance.
The music thread is very lightly demanding, and the buffers often put up with any potential performance issues, so no problems should be noticed.

Thanks for that. Quick backstory, I had a meeting with WB and I was blown off. We aren't important enough if we can't generate 5 million in profit for them. Even that is barely a blip on their radar. They could file an injunction against us on the grounds
that we attempted to profit from their IP. However right now unless the game is completed, we are litterly not worth their time.

It makes me sad. We will complete this one day. On that day I will receive a threat to cease distribution of this project and I will of course have to comply. Hopefully the files "leak" on torrent sites and it will have the chance to be played by millions of fans. From what I understand, Netherrealm is intentionally ignoring this project so that we aren't shutdown. If they acknowledge what a good job we are doing then we will suffer the wrath WB lawyers jumping down our throats. This is why this project still only exists on this thread and is generally secret. This also why we don't have many vidoes advertising what we are doing. This is why interloko, bleed and I are the only ones with an alpha playable version of the game. If WB were interested in licensing this to us, then everyone could make money and more people would get the chance to play it on their system of choice.

Unfortunately we are more an annoyance than a business opportunity for them since we couldn't possibly make millions of dollars in profit for them.
Hope that explains the history a bit.

This post depressed me and reminded me of how much I really hate the "corporate" world and how it works.

Art and creativity comes 2nd to business :(

It's a Good thing Netherrealm are the ones not being complete d***ks about it though. Which is to be expected from a smaller company that probably understands what you guys are going through. I can't picture someone like Ed Boon not being excited about this project....and maybe once it's finished he'll be able to figure something out for you guys. Who knows.

I also find it funny that WB doesn't think this game could generate money, you'd be surprised at how many people there are out there who truly want something like this to happen. If it were to be released via XBL arcade, Steam or PSN I could definitely see it generating millions very quickly. We all saw how well the HD remake of Street Fighter II did commercially.

Anyhow, big thanks for the behind the scenes insight, we appreciate it. When the project is finally released to the underground I could definitely see communities like IGN, NeoGaf and Game magazines giving it nothing but praise and shunning the powers that be who didn't believe in it.

Last edited:
Looking good!
I'd only try to have the motion of the hands dictated by their own weight, going both slightly down as each feet step, but it's looking great.

The up/down motion should probably be a little more marked.
MK1_Liu_Kang_Walk_Backward.gif

Also, the right shoulder doesn't appear to move when the left foot steps.
Both shoulders should go down evenly for both feet.

The left foot moving forward appears too fast. While you can easily see several frames of the right foot moving forward, and the whole motion appears fluid, the left foot going forwards seems to happen instantly, as if there was one frame or two missing.
Also note that the head goes down more violently when the left foot steps.
I think the animation spends too much time in the stage where the heel rises and it's affecting the overall fluidity.

I'd also make the front of his face vertical. Head straight up, not leaned forward.

There's also a tiny bit of skin showing on the lower left leg when the foot is further behind.

Last edited:
THANKS BLEED, my trick is this....

repeat the motion two times, for example if you are working with the walk animation, use the sprites to make the first motion... smooth it and when you feel good with your results select all the bones and helpers, and copy the complete animation.

lets say your animation starts at frame 50 and ends at frame 100, select all the bones and helpers and copy those 50frames of animations 2 times, the final animation will be from 50 to 100 and to 100 to 150.. and at the end you will render just the frames from 100 to 150.

than you make the cloth simulation for the 100frames (50 to 100 and to 100 to 150) and just render from 100 to 150..

and there you go, smooth looping

Untitled-1.jpg

the white frames are the originals, the red ones are just a copy to make the loop animation smooth, at the end you'll use the red ones for your final renders.

hope this helps

I like the character select theme, it sounds a bit like an 80's pop song. Maybe that's why I like it.
I also like that Raiden is interchangeable with costumes. It really shows you how they just used the same Raiden costume in MK1 and 2 with just a couple of additional pieces.

@rrc1980

As with all the other character art, I'm sure we'll be using the 3D models to render them. To do otherwise would make things look inconsistent.

And also all the UI screens are completed. Don't want ya to work on something that's likely already done, mate. :)

Once again, I made one of these GIFs, just for fun.
This is what gets me thinking about what the people on the MK9 art team were even trying to do.
This is the Liu Kang we get to play every day in MK9, compared with a more anatomically viable version I just made.

LKMK9_zpseaac64e5.gif~original

Last edited:
Justin , do not want to take advantage of anyone and authorship, are posted with the intention of amusement for some people who want to see how it could be. the work are becoming a very competent and professional project in which I and many of the group here and appreciate very much! rs stay calm, and all hope anxious every step of the evolution of this unique project and it stays that way, are to be congratulated :D

ps .... sorry my bad english lol
ps 2: TRMK.org became my main page navigation of the Internet, every day I look at the comments :D

Last edited:
Damn Arq, that is genius man. You are the man.

THANKS BLEED, my trick is this....

repeat the motion two times, for example if you are working with the walk animation, use the sprites to make the first motion... smooth it and when you feel good with your results select all the bones and helpers, and copy the complete animation.

lets say your animation starts at frame 50 and ends at frame 100, select all the bones and helpers and copy those 50frames of animations 2 times, the final animation will be from 50 to 100 and to 100 to 150.. and at the end you will render just the frames from 100 to 150.

than you make the cloth simulation for the 100frames (50 to 100 and to 100 to 150) and just render from 100 to 150..

and there you go, smooth looping

View attachment 5943

the white frames are the originals, the red ones are just a copy to make the loop animation smooth, at the end you'll use the red ones for your final renders.

hope this helps