Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

^^^ I agree

Here is a test I made (in 10 minutes) for main screen:

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/3691/ulow.jpg
The Scorpion Sprite is ****ing awesome. But for the screens like this I'd recommend you try to stick to hues that are in the same spirit of the original game. I honestly think some of the stuff that Other Ocean did with the canned version of HD Arcade Kollection wasn't very good because they changed the look a little too much. SF3: 3rd I thought was a lot more faithful.

Can Mugen do alpha blending? If so then using sprites would be awesome. That being said, if you have some real technical expertise on your side, the best way to do this would be to get a programmer to rig a custom version of MAME which allowed you to insert HD sprites & animations on top of the old ones.

Last edited:
the main idea is use 3D models only for sub bosses.
anyway but if characters are done like this can be considered get sprites from a 3D models

Scorp_final.gif

at 1280x720:
Spoiler:
Scorp_3d_Mugen_1280x720.png

all this was done by Bleed (gabe687)

WOW!! This is exactly the quality that I want. I will try and produce a Goro that will be on par with this. I will have a concept up sometime today. Again, this is great.

WOW!! This is exactly the quality that I want. I will try and produce a Goro that will be on par with this. I will have a concept up sometime today. Again, this is great.
yes it's great. and your big character you posted in the first page is great too. i know you can do a perfect job with goro ;)

Absolutely awesome work. I couldn't believe the attention to detail that went into Scorpion.

I do have a question though. Is this going to be like, another MK Project? Or is it actually going to try and recreate the first three? Just incase it's the latter, keep in mind the size of the sprites - that MUGEN screenshot's about 3 times the original sprite-to-background ratio, and I'd hate to see someone put all the work into making the sprites only to facepalm afterwards because they have to resize/rerender them.
sometime ago i asked about 4:3 or 16:9 and some people prefer widescreen. in the animation and the image i'd post is actual size of the render. he made it for 1280x720

here is a first wip of his mk1 scorpion:
ScorpionMK1_wip01.jpg

the body is in progress

Wow what amazing work. I definitely think you guys are on the right path with taking the sprites from the 3d models. Also if you guys need any help let me know i'm proficient with Photoshop and AI and I use to work on the UT2003 troopers mod as a texture artist. but as of late I've been doing some arcade restoration artwork work on the BYOAC forums.

are you good with photoshop?
can you try to make the character select screen? some sketch of it at 1280x720

or better tell me... what is your strongest point?

Yeah but I'll do one better 1920x1080 I always double the intended resolution so It can be downsampled. As for my strong points I can really do anything I want in ps or ai what do you guys need I would not mind working on the assets for the ui and obviously the select screens my idea would be to stick with the same structure just updated but use the 3d characters in the portraits animated when you move your cursor over them along with the character dancing around on the side

more wip from Bleed:

ScorpMK1_wip03.jpg

i suggested him small changes in the upper part:

scorpmk1wip03.jpg

The yellow part is supposed to be quilted. Take a look at the MK1 test your might animations for Sub-Zero & Scorpion. Also, while the dimensions aren't perfect, it might be worth while to take a close look at the retro models available in MK9 as they got pretty much most of the details right on those costumes.

Also think the mask wrinkle is a little too pronounced.

i don't think we should start nit-picking, and i think it looks spot on. remember, you can't really tell that the costumes have any patterning in the digitized mk, so the way the model looks now looks very accurate. the patterning didn't become pronounced until mk2. and i also have to disagree with your assessment of mk9. mk9 is actually inaccurate (to a certain extent). what they did was combine mk1 costumes with mk2 costumes which makes the "classic costumes" look very weird to me. the mk1 costumes don't have the same clarity or resolution as mk2, so i'd actually prefer them without the checkered pattern. just my opinion.

plus, it's not done yet.

I'm sorry, but with all due respect, I don't want this thread turning into an opinion war. As good as the design is, I am afraid I have to agree with the other post. In the Test Your Might sprites, you can see the textured pattern. May I add, many sprites for MK1 HD have been completed by me for Scorpion and other ninjas of MK1, so using this model would be extra work.

Here is a wip of the mk 1 character select I'm doing keep in mind it's a PS file so any part that needs changed can be ie the background texture etc

Attachments

• mk1-selectnew2.jpg
    mk1-selectnew2.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 470
here a wip i did.

MK1SS_wip_1.jpg

click in the image to see it with more details.

Hi guys, I appreciate everything you are doing. Where will it be available to download and for what platform??? Also if you set up an account for donations when you done, you'll have my £20 no problem. I did not buy this BS of MKAK...

The yellow part is supposed to be quilted. Take a look at the MK1 test your might animations for Sub-Zero & Scorpion. Also, while the dimensions aren't perfect, it might be worth while to take a close look at the retro models available in MK9 as they got pretty much most of the details right on those costumes.

Also think the mask wrinkle is a little too pronounced.

the pictures are wip, he improved A LOT his umk3 scorpion from his first version.
the image posted was made in few hours, he is still working. here another pic with the diamond pattern and some tweaks:
ScorpMK1_wip04.jpg

Yeah but I'll do one better 1920x1080 I always double the intended resolution so It can be downsampled. As for my strong points I can really do anything I want in ps or ai what do you guys need I would not mind working on the assets for the ui and obviously the select screens my idea would be to stick with the same structure just updated but use the 3d characters in the portraits animated when you move your cursor over them along with the character dancing around on the side

ok no problem but final work should be at 1280x720
about the select screen i think badmouse's is more "accurate". i mean, it is not intented to be an exact copy but it must have the mk1 feeling
i know badmouse is doing his own mk project so i'll chat with him and see in what exactly can help us.

Edit: badmouse told me he can do UI and BG stuff, so i suggest you (necroticart) talk to him (here, pm,..) to organize both to not do the same stuff.

here a wip i did.

MK1SS_wip_1.jpg

click in the image to see it with more details.

Neat. I do like how the stone is a lot closer to the original. I know its WIP so maybe you're already working on these but a few details I was thinking of:
- I'd really like to see the original fonts, this is something which SF3:3rd Online Edition did well.
- Dragon is indented in the stone, whereas in MK1 its the area around the dragon thats indented
- Models obviously aren't done so I know thats not a final MK1 scorpion select pic. That being said the background is quite a bit darker

Awesome stuff that I'm seeing here and its amazing how quickly people are pitching in.

ok no problem but final work should be at 1280x720
about the select screen i think badmouse's is more "accurate". i mean, it is not intented to be an exact copy but it must have the mk1 feeling
i know badmouse is doing his own mk project so i'll chat with him and see in what exactly can help us.

Edit: badmouse told me he can do UI and BG stuff, so i suggest you (necroticart) talk to him (here, pm,..) to organize both to not do the same stuff.

I will do that I have to admit even I like his character select screen I was going for something a bit different.

I'm adding a few touch-ups to some Scorpion and Sub-Zero sprites, so expect something from me tonight or tomorrow.