Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

@MickeyMK: the image is from mkt
this is the arcade image:
pitpitbottom.jpg

Hey man, the link to the font was in that same post.
Let me know if you don't see it.

Little update on my progress, I've got most of my version of the UI completed. I just made a new texture which is being used on the majority of the UI, including the select screen here:

mk1hdssv2.png

Would just like some feedback basically, before I throw it over mostly everything else. I think it's a lot better than the last one which was too distracting. As far as the select screen goes, I fixed up the dragon's background and made him pop a little more. Let me know what you guys think, I'm happy with it though. All other criticisms welcome too.

Also, Calacyte could you please send me the MK1 font you made? It'd make it easier putting the text in, right now I can only copy what you've got in the PSD, can't modify anything like spacing or size etc. Would appreciate it.

After I'm finished I'll just give you guys everything I've done and you can choose to take it or leave it. Then onto the audio.

Whose good call on the ARM of the ninja, I missed him.

Texture is nice, dragon is perfect imo, overall it's very true to the originaly and I like it. I wouldn't change a single pixel on this baby. Good job!!

Yeah it looks better now, but I think you forgot to correct the arm on that guy on the left pillar.
The skull(s) in the corner(s) could be a little sharper, but it's really a minor thing.
The Pit is getting better and better!! Can't wait to uppercut someone on those nasty spikes :)

Yeah, I think it's too big / too thick for a kite. And why not add a string that is attached to it?

Question for Interloko,
Since I never actually played or used MUGEN, how well does MUGEN behave with HD fighters (in 720p)
on a low end computers, or do you need a beast to run it smoothly?
(by low end I mean something like AMD Athlon X2, ATi Radeon 4000 series, WIN XP 2 Gigs of RAM)

Little update on my progress, I've got most of my version of the UI completed. I just made a new texture which is being used on the majority of the UI, including the select screen here:

mk1hdssv2.png

Would just like some feedback basically, before I throw it over mostly everything else. I think it's a lot better than the last one which was too distracting. As far as the select screen goes, I fixed up the dragon's background and made him pop a little more. Let me know what you guys think, I'm happy with it though. All other criticisms welcome too.

Also, Calacyte could you please send me the MK1 font you made? It'd make it easier putting the text in, right now I can only copy what you've got in the PSD, can't modify anything like spacing or size etc. Would appreciate it.

After I'm finished I'll just give you guys everything I've done and you can choose to take it or leave it. Then onto the audio.

I just have one thing to say: FLAWLESS VICTORY!!!

Question for Interloko,
Since I never actually played or used MUGEN, how well does MUGEN behave with HD fighters (in 720p)
on a low end computers, or do you need a beast to run it smoothly?
(by low end I mean something like AMD Athlon X2, ATi Radeon 4000 series, WIN XP 2 Gigs of RAM)
i'm not sure about the requirements to run it smooth. i can say for sure you need to have opengl 2.0 or higher.
new renderer (opengl) in mugen 1.1 use video card memory, previous versions use just the cpu, so with this one i think the computer specs you posted should run it well

Hmm...I could make the cross post thinner?
mmm i don't know.. it looks like very straight

Ignore my crit about the distinct cracks, they don't exist in the original. I really thought they existed, but I was confused. At any rate, It's really beautiful work.

mk1hdssv2.png

Still picking at it...

I still need to add some floating bones to control the cloth, but here's what I have so far. There's some kind of problem with the textures I need to fix also, looks like it moved once I posed him.

ScorpMK1_wip19.jpg

Wait, weren't the ninja bodies only on the first and third columns in the pit? I don't know which version this pic is from, arcade or SNES.

pit.jpg

The SNES version was sanitized and had no blood or bodies by the way.

@Calactyte: Also the latest pic of the pit for this remake looks quite good apart from that spot of blood I'm always talking about. It looks like it's nearing completion!

@Bleed: That latest Scorpion render looks good too but the post looks pretty janky to me. Mostly in the leg area but it's looking nice.... it'd be nice to see it in motion.

Still picking at it...

I still need to add some floating bones to control the cloth, but here's what I have so far. There's some kind of problem with the textures I need to fix also, looks like it moved once I posed him.

ScorpMK1_wip19.jpg

Looks amazing so far. Great work, as usual! :)

If the shape looks weird, I can change it using a morph. I'll have to do some of that when It get's put in game next to the original sprites.