Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

That's true, in absence of a true creative director we have to be extra diligent to try and make everything look cohesive.

last night i made a list of animations used by the engine. i'm still working on these images, extracting them all from a huge spritesheet calactyte made.

this is not easy as a standar mugen game, mk use a lot of diferent stuff, like finish him/her, battle plan, secret characters etc. in order to add all this kind stuff i need to modify a LOT of things. i got a good base with my umk3 game, but there also some changes present in mk1 and not in umk3, like keep walking backward after win the match, and more.
i'll use some of my "old" code but i'll be adding it step by step and editing when needed.
some of my code is useless now, for example in mugen 1.1 you have a new trigger to detect the bound of the stage, that simplify some thing related to cornerpush.

some things i like to change a bit is versus mode. since there is no way to go to battle plan after a match (like in arcade) if the other player decide to no continue, then i think in adding some "modern" options like rematch, change character or change stage/mode of play

Hi All,

Updated Pit below. I'll probably start on the Monk Stage next. Smoke Tetsu, Bleed, I address the crack/crumble issue. Look forward to comments on this.

the_pit_HD.jpg

awesome work on the pit stage. unfortunately I have a couple critiques. The first thing is the blood doesn't look right, the smears look ok and most of the spikes look good, but the pools of blood look awkward. Also the angle the columns meet the floor doesn't look right, either that or they aren't properly shadowed. something just seems off, but its def a great start. btw is parallax used on the pit bottom, or is it all one layer?

Thanks for the comment,

Not sure about the columns It's tricky since the original has forced perspective. As for the Blood yeah I agree the blood is looking not right..it's just too bright..and does't fit the scene. I did a quick pass, but it needs work for sure.

awesome work on the pit stage. unfortunately I have a couple critiques. The first thing is the blood doesn't look right, the smears look ok and most of the spikes look good, but the pools of blood look awkward. Also the angle the columns meet the floor doesn't look right, either that or they aren't properly shadowed. something just seems off, but its def a great start. btw is parallax used on the pit bottom, or is it all one layer?

Really nice job. I think the mountain in the back should be a little brighter, at least the top of the mountain:

73iheh.jpg

It looks like moonlight and it makes that mountain stand out from the dark background. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Ok I'll take care of that, thanks for the reference image also. That really helps.

Really nice job. I think the mountain in the back should be a little brighter, at least the top of the mountain:

73iheh.jpg

It looks like moonlight and it makes that mountain stand out from the dark background. Just my 2 cents.

To quote EA sports, "If it's in the game, It's in the game." So yeah, for every 10 people who think the silo's are dumb, there are 100 who will complain that they aren't there. I remember being a kid back in 1992, and saying to myself WTF? but I've grown to like them now.

Now if you could just remove the witch...
Permanently.
PS:And no Santa, too

Ok I'll take care of that, thanks for the reference image also. That really helps.
No problem man, I'm playing MK as we speak so I grabbed some shots, here is the entire mountain (almost):

5wkppv.jpg

Keep in mind I'm playing MK stretched in 16:10 (8:5 ratio) so the image is stretched a little too.