Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

@Gojira,
you are really good at this, I'd compare it to Bleeds work and that's saying something. One small thing, Kang and Kano faces look older then they were in MK1 (I guess in reference photos you are basing these guys off they are much older then in the game) Maybe some subtle touch-ups like vetalfox did, to make them look younger just a bit.

Also, I'd love to see your take on Sonya's face if you find the time. DEMONSEED started modeling the body but I can't remember if anything was done regarding her face lately.

edit:
Elizabeth Malecki's photos are not easy to find, there was a usefull post by JhonatasBatalha a month ago I'll qoute it here:

View attachment 4637View attachment 4638View attachment 4639View attachment 4640View attachment 4641View attachment 4642

Find Elizabeth Malecki's pics is really a difficult task. I have a few pictures of it too, but I believe they can help with anything.

The last image is a drawing I tried to do based on her.

Last edited:
Well, you could use make the pillars and background move with delta, so that the parallax look ok. The only downside is that the stage gets a little bigger.

I have the dynamic part figured out with Shang. I can make him do pretty much anything the characters can do, because it's using character code "Helper".

You could throw a fireball at Shang and knock him off his chair if you wanted...

I didn't add the parallax effect to the floor, because it has lines on it and looks strange when they slide under the Throne and Pillars.

This looks like a TON of work, but it also looks absolutely amazing. What a fan service! If the day ever comes that this is complete, I think you guys will find that this will spread through the MK community (and beyond) like wildfire. Some of these screenshots give me goosebumps.

No. Ant you've been a part of this thread for awhile so I won't go into why not. Look ahead to MK1.5 for now if you don't like MK1 then you won't like MKHD.

Edit: Well I guess Parallax isn't anything too major, unless as Bleed said it looks strange on some stages, but there aren't going to be tree's blowing in the wind, guards shifting their weight or anything else not in the original game. MK1.5 can have all these improvements and more.

:hail: Please guys ! Found a way to make backgrounds dynamic, not just one static image ... its will kill hole this HD and advance version of the game for me.

Thanks for the nice words guys, very cool. And I appreciate the reference for Sonya, will help a lot. I also wish I was at Bleed's level. I mean, I think I'm ok enough, but Bleed is ridiculously good. Especially how he captures their likeness.

The Liu Kang model is in the dropbox cal, its simply names kang.ztl

I'm having some trouble getting the UI not to shake with the screen. I think it may not be possible, and I'll have to remove all screen shakes for the UI to stay put.

It seems like something simple, but I don't know what the deal is... This may be a hard coded problem with mugen, but I'm not entirely sure.

I'm having some trouble getting the UI not to shake with the screen. I think it may not be possible, and I'll have to remove all screen shakes for the UI to stay put.

It seems like something simple, but I don't know what the deal is... This may be a hard coded problem with mugen, but I'm not entirely sure.

That's one of the mugen limitations, you can't make explods or helpers to be not affected by the screen shake
but you can try some tricks, like calculate the value of the shake and change the position of the explod or helper to compensate the offset

to be honest, Sonya is so simply designed that I will be able to knock her out quickly. The only thing that will take up time is her likeness, so I'm just going to go for something that is close enough. Here is a female body type I had that I modified to fit her form:

1.jpg

I found a way to make the counter shake happen smoothly, but it only works if the shake is very slow, else it can't keep up, so not good enough.

In statedef -2, I have this to shake the screen.

[State 0, EnvShake]
type = EnvShake
trigger1 = !time
time = 9999
freq = 1;Slow shake
ampl = 20;How far to move
phase = 0
persistent = 1

In the UI helper state, I have this to try and counter the shake and keep it still.

[State 0, VarSet]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = !time
fv = 10
value = 0;Starting position

[State 0, VarSet]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = !time
fv = 11
value = 650;starting position as Screenpos y

[State 0, VarAdd]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = ScreenPos Y > 650
fv = 10
value = fvar (11) - Screenpos y
persistent = 1

[State 0, VarAdd]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = ScreenPos Y = 650
fv = 10
value = 0
persistent = 1

[State 0, VarAdd]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = ScreenPos Y < 650
fv = 10
value = fvar(11) - Screenpos y
persistent = 1

[State 0, Offset]
type = Offset
trigger1 = 1
x = GameWidth /2
y = fvar(10)

[State 0, DisplayToClipboard]
type = DisplayToClipboard
trigger1 = 1
text = "screenpos y = %f fvar (10) = %f"
params = screenpos y,fvar (10)

Last edited:
Was better to replace lines movement with parallax.

Le@N has created many arcade perfect and better stages for MK MUGEN already.
I would advise you guys to get with him for help building the stages.

You guys may find other talented artist and programers if you would sometimes visit
some of the reg MK MUGEN myfreeforums and posted some updates.:zzz:

Looks like things are picking up. Sonya and Kano have been started and Liu Kang looks pretty good now.

Were there any more animations for Goro and Shang Tsung? I know they had fighting stances done.

Yeah, posting updates on other forums is good idea.
However I'm sure it will not happen.(

created many arcade perfect and better stages
Appreciate, thanks. By the way not all were perfect. xD