Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Looks like a short lived flame thrower to me, not like a fireball.

I'm skinning the skeleton today, it's moving around now.

Luna's announcer sounds a bit soft to my ears, but I'll do an edit or two and post the results. I think Psylense's is going to be the best option though, however we may end up having to put up a poll or something. haha

if need be I can redo my announcer file i'll see If I can drop my voice a bit lower and accentuate the fluctuations the original announcer performed.

Not sure if you were already doing this but maybe try and listen to original voice then immediately record your version until it sounds right. Could be worth a shot.

View attachment 4586View attachment 4587View attachment 4588View attachment 4589View attachment 4590View attachment 4591

I know you're gonna hate me BUT, upss I did it again hahah, first of all some of you guys told me he didnt' look so much like ho sung pak wich is true and other thing is that when I was doing the fighting stance I realize his body was nothing like ho sung pak's, the waist of my model was way to thin, the pants of my model were to tight, so I decided yesterday I was gonna sculpt him again but now I'm using references to do everything, sorry but I didn't know how to use references before.... my bad, but now I'll do it faster, promise. maybe today I'll polypaint him. hope you like this one.

sorry but since liu kang is kind the main character of this game I feel a huge responsability to do it right.

regards

Will you add the word 'Otomix' on the side of his pants? As I recall, he was supposed to have it, but it was digitally removed in fear of lawsuit. I figure it would look good, especially over Liu Kang's otherwise overly simplistic design, and I don't think it could be considered a deviation from the original game since that was part of Liu Kang's initial design.

Will you add the word 'Otomix' on the side of his pants? As I recall, he was supposed to have it, but it was digitally removed in fear of lawsuit. I figure it would look good, especially over Liu Kang's otherwise overly simplistic design, and I don't think it could be considered a deviation from the original game since that was part of Liu Kang's initial design.

Wasn't that the case with MK2 Johnny Cage? It could be MK1 Liu Kang too, not sure. Otomix is like a fitness wear brand, right? I think that would be way out of character for a Shaolin Monk to sport some fitness brand. Then again, speaking of out-of-character he does wear white sneakers, lol.

Skeleton is rigged, and I had a little fun with it :p

BurntSkeleton02.gif

Yes but they were purchased from the Shaolin Monk mega mart...so yeah, its all good.

Seriously I agree, if it said Nike or Adidas even, all that would do was serve as a distraction. We all know Lui Kang is basically Bruce Lee who wore those same type of pants in..I think Enter the Dragon.

Wasn't that the case with MK2 Johnny Cage? It could be MK1 Liu Kang too, not sure. Otomix is like a fitness wear brand, right? I think that would be way out of character for a Shaolin Monk to sport some fitness brand. Then again, speaking of out-of-character he does wear white sneakers, lol.

Yes but they were purchased from the Shaolin Monk mega mart...so yeah, its all good.

Seriously I agree, if it said Nike or Adidas even, all that would do was serve as a distraction. We all know Lui Kang is basically Bruce Lee who wore those same type of pants in..I think Enter the Dragon.

Well I don't think the word otomix on his pants will help a lot to tell the truth, I know maybe he can look better but I've never seen a shaolin monk with that kind of outfit LOL, but if all you guys agree with it, I will write otomix on his pants.

Bleed the skull looks great!! When I first saw your model I recall spinal, if we do a killer instinct hd I wanna do saber wulf, he was my favorite hahaha

The Otomix thing does definitely not belong here. As someone pointed out, it was a Johnny Cage/MKII thing, not and MK1/Liu Kang thing. See the attached screenshot of an MKII Beta.

I wouldn't even want to see this in an MKII HD remake to tell you the truth, but that's a discussion several years down the road!

Attachments

• cage_otomix.jpg
    cage_otomix.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 182
Haha,

Nice, as long as I can do Fulgore I'd be happy.

Well I don't think the word otomix on his pants will help a lot to tell the truth, I know maybe he can look better but I've never seen a shaolin monk with that kind of outfit LOL, but if all you guys agree with it, I will write otomix on his pants.

Bleed the skull looks great!! When I first saw your model I recall spinal, if we do a killer instinct hd I wanna do saber wulf, he was my favorite hahaha

Haha,

Nice, as long as I can do Fulgore I'd be happy.

fulgore is the best RSRSRSR
nice spinal bleed, it will be great this fatality, scorpion's fatality it's the best in my opinion
and you gis make better and better, sometimes i dont' belive in the things i've see here
keep the amazing work, we Mk fans thank

The Otomix thing does definitely not belong here. As someone pointed out, it was a Johnny Cage/MKII thing, not and MK1/Liu Kang thing. See the attached screenshot of an MKII Beta.

I wouldn't even want to see this in an MKII HD remake to tell you the truth, but that's a discussion several years down the road!

I vote no for adding otomix to the pants.

Wow Shang Tsung's pants are really shiny in this version and Johnny Cage looks tanned compared to him.

Yeah, definitely no branding on Liu's pants. That makes no sense.

@interloko, How far out are we from seeing some gameplay?

Last edited:

Yes, that was the case with both MK1 Liu Kang and MK2 Cage. It's even visible on few of Cage's sprites. I think on those used when Shang Tsung does soul steal and Baraka performs his impale finisher. Yes, now I see someone posted the screenshot.

MK1 Liu Kang was also supposed to have 'Otomix' branded wear ('Otomix' is provider of martial arts equipment, if I'm not mistaking). It's visible that something is done with Kang's pants in few of his vicory pose sprites when he puts his arms down (he seems to be shouting or something, but there's no sound. Looks like devs forgot to implement it) but his hands seem to disappear behind the pants though it's obvious they should come in front. To tell the truth, Liu Kang seems like the char on which was paid the least attention in MK1 (bearing in mind the things I enlisted, ridiculous fatality with no background dimming, projectile attack that could definitely use some improvement regarding its design...) and that is just unacceptable since he's supposed to be the hero and all. That's why I wouldn't mind seeing a few alterations on him.

You are treating the fact that the screen doesn't darken during his Fatality as if it were oversight. But bear in mind that Liu Kang is a holy monk and the most pure fighter at the tournament. His Fatality is the least gruesome (no blood... and might not even be fatal) so it makes more sense to say that the screen not darkening was a deliberate design choice, one that should be respected in the remake.

There's a post on the Penny Arcade forums where the author explains that Liu's Fatality doesn't dark because Liu "doesn't draw upon the forces of darkness." Makes sense to me.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/disc...-leaked-some-really-cool-stuff-on-page-94/p47