Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

I think this guys voice is the closest one of them all. Personally, I like the first one that comes right after the original voice.

A bit of distortion would be acceptable to capture the nostalgia of the original.

It reminded me of the shitty B-grade 70's kung fu movies.

I think that entire kung fu movie vibe made the whole first game what it was we all loved. I missed that in MK2 and 3.

I think this guys voice is the closest one of them all. Personally, I like the first one that comes right after the original voice.
thx i tried to mimic it as closely as I possibly could. I did it at such short notice, but I'm sure if I did it enough I'd get it perfect, I'm pretty good at impersonations

I might catch some heat for this...

Am I the only one that thinks the original MK1 announcer voices sound good and would prefer those to be in the game? The quality isnt really that bad after listening to the mp3's.

I know you guys want to totally redo as much as possible, which I support, I just dont think it'll hurt the project by keeping the original voices. I think it would make the game even more awesome, partly because of the nostalgia element. Just my opinion.

I think that entire kung fu movie vibe made the whole first game what it was we all loved. I missed that in MK2 and 3.

the essence of the first game was that its production stayed like that of a fight movies 80's with a touch of horror gore. essence that was scanned from the incredible graphics of the characters that have become successful as a real and meaningful music game. this is the true essence of the first game, leaving the most real possible. :bird::bird::bird::bird:

Texture update

BurntSkeleton01.gif

It's mostly Photoshop texturing, I had the model in 3Dcoat, where I can see the changes and paint in 3D if I needed to.

Rust textures helped with the burnt look, and I used some white phosphorus injuries for reference.

bleed, in ways it looks like rust and reflections in certain bright spots, would it be possible to maybe have some spots of bloody unburnt flesh? to make it gorry?

and someone mentions how the first mk had the skeleton on it knees for the final frame, i always liked how the mk3 skeletons fell and crumbled some into dust... it looked very nice the way the animation done, do you think that would be a possible look?,

Looks great! Will be cool if you can use the rig of scorpion with his animations.

Maybe in other time you can use it for a skeleton character for other project and reuse scorpion animations

Thanks to the guys that posted which edit of the Announcer they liked. Have Bleed or Cal or Luna given their thoughts. Can't remember if you guys did or not haha.

I've still got one other thing I want to try for an edit. Its a little more complicated but could end up being very accurate. I'll get that done asap and posted.

Thanks to the guys that posted which edit of the Announcer they liked. Have Bleed or Cal or Luna given their thoughts. Can't remember if you guys did or not haha.

I've still got one other thing I want to try for an edit. Its a little more complicated but could end up being very accurate. I'll get that done asap and posted.

I like the final edit..or I guess the third edit of his voice.

We aren't trying to change the original fatality that much. I kind of like how the skeleton falls to its knees if for no other reason than nostalgia factor.

bleed, in ways it looks like rust and reflections in certain bright spots, would it be possible to maybe have some spots of bloody unburnt flesh? to make it gorry?

and someone mentions how the first mk had the skeleton on it knees for the final frame, i always liked how the mk3 skeletons fell and crumbled some into dust... it looked very nice the way the animation done, do you think that would be a possible look?,