Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Personally I'm fine with this particular project being more-or-less an HD copy of the original game (though a "Special Edition" with playable bosses/Reptile, boss fatalities, and Reptile having his own move set might be cool for another Mugen project LIKE this).

However, I do have one minor request... I've seen some versions of MK1 that had Scorpion's name over Reptile's life bar (or sometimes no name at all). Could you please rectify that, in the HD version?

Guys, you don't have to quote and respond to the offending member. Just hit the report button when you see someone breaking rules and let a mod handle it (which someone did report it and a mod did step in so no further action needed unless he does something again).

Also, as suggested in one of the reports from that post, we are not going to ban a guy because of things he did in another forum....if he continues to act up here, we will take care of him as required. Other than that, as long as he follows the rules, we are not going to ban him because he was banned elsewhere....we don't care what happens in other forums, we care about what happens in this one.

~Thanks =)

Thanks guys for the support and Thanks Jade.
I hope the Mod can handle it and also edit or delete the msg, i still looking the msg with the insults to me and other member.

Last edited:
@Bleed, here are Toasty frames - raw, skull and body with filled neck
Sendspace keeps deleting it so here it is on my ADrive account:

http://www.adrive.com/public/KBganM/Toasty_frames.rar

@badmouse, I'm aware of mask holes in one frame. I told Bleed about it but didn't want to change it without his permission. If it needs to be changed just replaced said frames with these two:

toasty2335b.png

toasty2335a.png

Someone was asking about Reptile name in power bar. It wasn't added in later revisions as far as I know. This is from Rev5.0 T-unit:

34fed68.png
2mwuvx2.png

Power bar says Scorpion but on screen text clearly says Reptile.
SNES version however had Reptile power bar;

2uogznm.png

I think it would make perfect sense to put "Reptile" power bar in HD remake.
Just my 2 cents.

Great, the scorpion's fatality is one of the best ever, when the skull falls on knees in the original mk its just bones, if in this version the skull has some fire in it? wll be cool ^^

some of my ideas for better fatalityes:

Cage
zt883t.png

he can energyze the hand the uppercut like a super strenght punch with energy

Kano
ua7mv.jpg

he can cut the chest to open a hole, trow the knife on the ground and then rip the heart from oponent

Sub-Zero
ogw9hy.jpg

He can freeze the neck, break it, then pull the head from the body

Scorpion
ezqxc8.png

the same fire skull can be used to sonya's fatality

Liu Kang
2v7v3on.jpg

the liu kang's fatality can have the x-ray in the end to show internal damage
the animation of x-ray can be displayed in the background of characters

rayden fatality it's perfect like the original

Last edited:
I wouldn't see a problem with Reptiles name appearing as REPTILE in the lifebar. It would just make sense regardless if it was in the arcade or not. It's not like you'd be going against the grain here adding moves that didn't exist in MK1, just correcting the name.

EDIT: I think we've all been distracted by the little battle going on here for the last few pages. What animations are next?

Great, the scorpion's fatality is one of the best ever, when the skull falls on knees in the original mk its just bones, if in this version the skull has some fire in it? wll be cool ^^

some of my ideas for better fatalityes:

Cage
zt883t.png

he can energyze the hand the uppercut like a super strenght punch with energy

Kano
ua7mv.jpg

he can cut the chest to open a hole, trow the knife on the ground and then rip the heart from oponent

Sub-Zero
ogw9hy.jpg

He can freeze the neck, break it, then pull the head from the body

Scorpion
ezqxc8.png

the same fire skull can be used to sonya's fatality

Liu Kang
2v7v3on.jpg

the liu kang's fatality can have the x-ray in the end to show internal damage
the animation of x-ray can be displayed in the background of characters

rayden fatality it's perfect like the original

About Liu Kang, one of my greatest regret in MK1 is that his fatality doesn't throw you in the Pit ! It would make a lot of sense , for the "Hero" of the game, to have such over-the-top fatality !
(i'm not asking it to be in your HD version, just expressing a regret :)

About Liu Kang, one of my greatest regret in MK1 is that his fatality doesn't throw you in the Pit ! It would make a lot of sense , for the "Hero" of the game, to have such over-the-top fatality !
(i'm not asking it to be in your HD version, just expressing a regret :)

But it does throw you off The Pit;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfOUw5MBphU#t=290s

and I don't see a reason for it not to be in HD remake.

Last edited:
Ok, I can't resist, gonna toss in a few thoughts. Ignore 'em if you want. ;p

Put Reptiles name in the bar.
Give him ALL of Scorpy and Subbys moves, not just the spear and freeze but also the tele punch and slide. (Green ice for freeze and green rope for spear!)
Make Reptile have a GREEN skull when he does his finisher (maybe green fire?)
Give him a green skeleton when he's burned alive. <This was in the sega version.
And maybe a green spine when head ripped via Sub-Zero.
Add in the gore and blood for the pit bottom! (Not sure if it was brought up.)
And music dude, please make a post with links to all your mp3s! I'm not sure if I listened to them all but they're sounding great! :D

In version 1.5 put in bosses and Reptile as playable, give bosses fatalities, also PLEASE add in a way to do Rayden and Subbys censored SNES fatalities along with the arcade ones, those were awesome!

Drrrrr, hahaha

I'm modeling the bones in medium detail with box modeling, so it is a good bit of work. It should be enough for the sprites, but I can take it in to Zbrush to add pores and really fine details.

skeleton_wip_01.jpg

Ok, I can't resist, gonna toss in a few thoughts. Ignore 'em if you want. ;p

Put Reptiles name in the bar.
Give him ALL of Scorpy and Subbys moves, not just the spear and freeze but also the tele punch and slide. (Green ice for freeze and green rope for spear!)
Make Reptile have a GREEN skull when he does his finisher (maybe green fire?)
Give him a green skeleton when he's burned alive. <This was in the sega version.
And maybe a green spine when head ripped via Sub-Zero.
Add in the gore and blood for the pit bottom! (Not sure if it was brought up.)
And music dude, please make a post with links to all your mp3s! I'm not sure if I listened to them all but they're sounding great! :D

In version 1.5 put in bosses and Reptile as playable, give bosses fatalities, also PLEASE add in a way to do Rayden and Subbys censored SNES fatalities along with the arcade ones, those were awesome!

-Repitles name in the Bar will most likely happen since I believe the last revision of the Arcade has this. Regardless, it would be dumb not include it in my mind.

-We can give him all Scorp and Sub's moves in MK1.5 but not in this version.

-Green skull, skeleton, spine, not in this version but in MK1.5. Besides his bones probably shouldn't be green..I mean just because he is a reptile doesn't mean his bones would be green.

-Blood and Gore is all there at the bottom of the pit just like you remember it.

-Like the idea of Justin posting all his music tracks up on the web site he is down for it.

-Also like the idea of Sub having his SNES moves. Those are classic for a lot of people who didn't start out playing MK in the arcade.

EDIT: Sorry LaLuna just saw that you answered my question about Reptile. It seems like a bug to me that the score says "Reptile Wins" yet his name isn't in the power bar. Besides I created the name while I was tracing the power bar text so it isn't any extra effort to add that in.

Last edited:
-Repitles name in the Bar will most likely happen since I believe the last revision of the Arcade has this. Regardless, it would be dumb not include it in my mind.

-We can give him all Scorp and Sub's moves in MK1.5 but not in this version.

-Green skull, skeleton, spine, not in this version but in MK1.5. Besides his bones probably shouldn't be green..I mean just because he is a reptile doesn't mean his bones would be green.

-Blood and Gore is all there at the bottom of the pit just like you remember it.

-Like the idea of Justin posting all his music tracks up on the web site he is down for it.

-Also like the idea of Sub having his SNES moves. Those are classic for a lot of people who didn't start out playing MK in the arcade.

EDIT: Sorry LaLuna just saw that you answered my question about Reptile. It seems like a bug to me that the score says "Reptile Wins" yet his name isn't in the power bar. Besides I created the name while I was tracing the power bar text so it isn't any extra effort to add that in.

Ok, that's cool. :)

Oh! That reminds me, are ya'll going to do the Reptile hints? Or is it possible with mugen?