Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Hey Justin, thats a big improvement. It still doesnt hit as hard as the original, it's not necessarily a bad thing, just different, I guess you would have to experiment with it.

Listen to 0:16-0:20 -

That may give you an idea of the hard hitting drums. Your version sounds a bit softer compared to it...like I said, its probably not a bad thing, it may even be better the way you have it. Its hard to tell without being able to experiment with it.

Last edited:
@ Jmanimal, thanks for that vid. I can see the difference in what I was using as a reference and that version. That version is a mono track so all the instruments are crammed in center, whereas the reference track I was using is stereo and the instruments are spread out a bit. Also that video version is slower than the version I have. Odd.

Anyway, here's another new version of the Character Select. I made the drums louder (actually re did them completely) and did lots of other little tweaks, so have at it. Fair warning, the drums still aren't like they are in the vid up there. Those drums actually get really monotonous to me after a short bit.

New Version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?f4uiwlpquwra9q9

Yeah, that fits more with the original. The point was to make it sound more aggressive, the louder drums helped. I like it.

the current version is OK and it can be use in the final version of this Remake.

but I agree with clactyte, it sounds more like SNES version even if you make more adjustments to this one i think in general there's still difference between the original theme and your theme.

you should try to make it as close as possible to the original arcade theme IMO.

and BTW the final version of scorpion's portrait was this.:)
81147955314956484603.jpg

Last edited:
I think Im just gonna chalk it up to "ya can't please everyone." Especially with this piece which is so ingrained in all of our fandom, its impossible to live up to the fandom's standards. That's not a bad thing either. Our fandom is strong haha.

Anyway Im calling it for this piece. For now anyway.

And you are mistaken about the final Scorpion portrait, DFGHTENNIS. :)

The final portrait is the one I put on the site.

After seeing again Scorpion's portrait (long time), I felt like I cannot wait to see Cage's :D I have no clue how it will look because his whole face is visible!

nice work guys... we were blessed in mk2 ultimate to have found some good 5.1 surround copies of the original sounds from mk2, but even i was jealous of juano16's finish him duh duh duh.. his was perfect...

if you decide to do mk2, i got the sounds for it some where, you will have to use audacity to pull the sounds from the for they are mp3, or find a good copy of mk2u we did a long time ago....

I actually think the theme is fine, sounds better then the original, more real.

What is every ones obsession with making this EXACTLY like the first game, why re-do it to be EXACT, play the shitty old one if you want it exact!

Im very keen to see how this all turns out, I personally dont think any mk's including mk 2011, EVER captured the vibe of part one...

Every time a new mk game comes out i wish they would capture the serious tone mk1 had...but it was just shitty jokes, and bland stages, and horrible fatalities....sigh...mk 2011 was great..but it could have been so much more...the music, the feel..it just always falls short...Even the cartoony look of it...I hope the next game has the feel of that ex midaway guys concepts...vincent some thing?

That sounds much better!

@ Jmanimal, thanks for that vid. I can see the difference in what I was using as a reference and that version. That version is a mono track so all the instruments are crammed in center, whereas the reference track I was using is stereo and the instruments are spread out a bit. Also that video version is slower than the version I have. Odd.

Anyway, here's another new version of the Character Select. I made the drums louder (actually re did them completely) and did lots of other little tweaks, so have at it. Fair warning, the drums still aren't like they are in the vid up there. Those drums actually get really monotonous to me after a short bit.

New Version:

New Version:

good work

But they need to be more traditional musical instruments and old

I know I don't have any involvement in the conception of this project, but I understand why sanozuke would prefer the original. (If indeed that were his/her intent), for the fact of staying true to the original roots of the game....however, being that this "is" a re-make, it would seem more logical to use the compositions from Mr. Slaughter. Just my 2 cents....:)

Hello every one, I've been very busy working on liu kang, I had a lot of problems with the topology so I'm doing everything again from texturing to animating so if I don't post anything for a while don't think I disappeared, I check this forum every day.

I just wanna do everything as good as possible��