Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

dear bleed you did bloody subzero my favorite chars, very nice
now you doing hd chars i thiking
your chars are love stinks and
to do addictive

If the sound files are using two different channels, you can have them play at the same time.

If a sound is playing, and another one starts on the same channel, it will override it.

If a sound plays and another sound plays right after, it was probably coded to work that way, using a time or statedef trigger.

i using juano16 mk2 V1.1 icant do how to do when noob finished win text noob saibot wins early
and noob saibot wins sound late

Last edited:
It may be that the sound file for "Noob Saibot Wins" has some silent time at the start of the audio. Open that sound file in a program like Audacity, and see if the words come late in the timeline.

I've noticed this in every sound ripped from mame, there's a little bit of empty space before the sound plays.

Like this

---~~~~----

Have it like this, so the sound plays right away, delete the empty time at the start.

~~~~----

I will be adding a lot of those Ideas from my older mugen edits, to these HD models. Not exactly the same, but pretty close. I'll be able to make some cooler/better animations now, because I don't have to worry about editing sprites.

Last edited:
JS, applaud the performance and quality of the music themes MKHD Character Select, GORO INTRO and MKHD Fatality Theme (the first version is more surreal than the second, typical horror movie!), Parabens!! is increasingly incredible relive this classic!

The slide animation is coming also, I'm animating the cloth now.

I can update my own stuff on the web site if you want Justin.

Last edited:
Yeah that's prolly a good idea, Bleed. Sometimes days go by when I don't have a chance to jump on. Besides, it's best more than one person have access to the site, lest I die or some shit. haha

So yeah just send me your email Bleed and I'll add you to the editor list thing.

Also, there's a new version of the Character Select theme incoming!

EDIT: And here's version number two of the Character Select theme. I was going for accuracy with this version so it should sound closer to the original. (It's actually pretty damn accurate now, haha)

Let me know what you guys think and if it needs more work.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2wcs748x1n0mfm8

Last edited:
hi my dear bleed!
I know that all of your efforts is for displaying an excellent view of MK because many of peoples (any countries) have lovely memory in their minds from this game but the original game haven't appropriate quality for this time.
Nowadays a good quality is that have 1920*1080 pixel(full Hd) ,that surely you work on it.
I think for creating a full Hd MK we should have character sprites with at least 700 pixel in height(while the original sprites have about 150 pixel).
imagine that the original sprites that taken from real actors have this quality(700 pixel), surely you would hadn't this hard work.
we know that the display screen standards are extremely increasing every day, so that Even now we have UHDTV ("Ultra high definition TV") 4K UHDTV (2160p) and 8K UHDTV (4320p).
if we contentment to this quality (1920*1080) ,all of your trying would be Useless soon.
I know you take your sprites from 3d models , and i think you don't have any limitation to take high res sprites.
so i offer you and our friends that take sprites with maximum quality that your texture allows so that your work be more indelible.
thanks for your trying.

We decided early on that 720p was right for this game since it will allow the most amount of people the ability to play it, even on net book computers and low powered tablets like windows 8 surface. There is a huge amount of CPU cycles needed to drive smooth 720p animation as it is, and Interloko is worried we will need to cut frames down just to have smooth gameplay on most computers. So 720p at 52-60 fps is the way to go right now. At this size the characters are plenty detailed yet will retain their fluidity of motion. If I had the choice between choppy frame stutter 1080p or silky smooth 720p..I always want the silky smooth gameplay and animation even if at a lower resolution.

hi my dear bleed!
I know that all of your efforts is for displaying an excellent view of MK because many of peoples (any countries) have lovely memory in their minds from this game but the original game haven't appropriate quality for this time.
Nowadays a good quality is that have 1920*1080 pixel(full Hd) ,that surely you work on it.
I think for creating a full Hd MK we should have character sprites with at least 700 pixel in height(while the original sprites have about 150 pixel).
imagine that the original sprites that taken from real actors have this quality(700 pixel), surely you would hadn't this hard work.
we know that the display screen standards are extremely increasing every day, so that Even now we have UHDTV ("Ultra high definition TV") 4K UHDTV (2160p) and 8K UHDTV (4320p).
if we contentment to this quality (1920*1080) ,all of your trying would be Useless soon.
I know you take your sprites from 3d models , and i think you don't have any limitation to take high res sprites.
so i offer you and our friends that take sprites with maximum quality that your texture allows so that your work be more indelible.
thanks for your trying.

We decided early on that 720p was right for this game since it will allow the most amount of people the ability to play it, even on net book computers and low powered tablets like windows 8 surface. There is a huge amount of CPU cycles needed to drive smooth 720p animation as it is, and Interloko is worried we will need to cut frames down just to have smooth gameplay on most computers. So 720p at 52-60 fps is the way to go right now. At this size the characters are plenty detailed yet will retain their fluidity of motion. If I had the choice between choppy frame stutter 1080p or silky smooth 720p..I always want the silky smooth gameplay and animation even if at a lower resolution.

so do this will possible to take sprites with more quality from 3d models for future?

Yeah so it still sounds soft to me but it is an improvement. sounds like it is missing is the driving bass/Congo drum background. You really haven't imitated the chinese string instrument well enough yet in my opinion but the melody sounds spot on. I think it is a matter of choosing the correct instrument sounds now. I am not hearing the driving drum sounds or the string instrument coming through so it is sounding almost like the SNES version of the songs.

Yeah that's prolly a good idea, Bleed. Sometimes days go by when I don't have a chance to jump on. Besides, it's best more than one person have access to the site, lest I die or some shit. haha

So yeah just send me your email Bleed and I'll add you to the editor list thing.

Also, there's a new version of the Character Select theme incoming!

EDIT: And here's version number two of the Character Select theme. I was going for accuracy with this version so it should sound closer to the original. (It's actually pretty damn accurate now, haha)

Let me know what you guys think and if it needs more work.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2wcs748x1n0mfm8

@Bleed, I posted separated skull earlier but sendspace deleted it, no idea why. It says due to terms of service:

Here are the files;

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ljtzqc

14mb .rar, 3 separate folders - raw, body & skull

I thought you saved it and didn't bother including it in latest .rar. Anyway I have it all on my disk, but I'm away for 5 days. You'll have it all packed and uploaded when I return home. I guess you are in no hurry with it.

Last edited:
The last frame, being the fighting stance can have the position x adjusted with code, so his feet don't slide.

MK1HD_SubZero_slide_02.gif

Last edited:
He seems to be lying his weight on his tip toe, also, I think you might want to consider recreating the effect that his cloth is pushed by the wind?

I tried having the cloth move to the side, but it doesn't look good. The problem is, that he can stop moving at any time, so the cloth animation won't make sense unless he hits at just the right time. Having it neutral like that works better.

@Cal, I always thought the main melody in the character select was meant to be imitating an electric guitar, since that's what it sounds like. So I wasn't trying to imitate that sound.

As for the drums, I'm not sure how they aren't "coming through." Maybe it's your speakers? Everything sounds different from speaker to speaker.

The original version of this piece is pretty simple, and short too, just looping repeatedly. And there's only about five instruments at play. Drums, bass, mid strings, high strings (main melody), and the sting that hits at the top of almost every measure. I think it's kind of funny that such a simple piece can create the most controversy. haha

I have something in mind I can try for the song's bass, and I'll see about adjusting the drums, but I'm really happy with the main melody sound. To my ears, it's close to perfect.

Does anyone else hear anything that needs adjusting?

Bleed. great animation, looks just fantastic!
La_luna. Amaging! just i figure that the sprtite Toasty2335a.png have 2 holes in the mask. You can paint inside those holes. I think that was a error in the animation, the skull overlap the mask just in 1 frame.