Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

High kick and Low Kick are in drop box now.

Ok sweet now we just need round house kick, throw, being thrown, fatality, balls busted, oh no goro. Did I miss anything? After that you just need to do Subs ice freeze, slide, resting stance and fatality!

Thanks for checking out our work. Keeps the team going since we know so many people are counting on us to come through.

Cal, this Goro is one of the best renditions of the character that I have seen. Amazing job. Much the same as Bleed's scorpion. All of the development team for this game has got me hooked watching the progress and I don't even play video games! haha

I think Goro's standing animation needs a more circular pattern for the upper arms (like La_Luna pointed out). Maybe some more flexing at the knee's to bring his upper body forward as his upper arms trace out their paths as well. Lower arms' paths look pretty spot on to me.

Your work on the character has been simply incredible and I love seeing the sprite matchup between your Goro and Bleed's scorpion.

The Round house is coming along, the first iteration is working in mugen. I'm messing with the animation curves now to make it smoother.

Hey guys. I've tweaked the things mentioned about the Cavern Theme and updated the original post with the new link. I'll post it here also.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?76tyv5j39s67nre

Also, did anyone ever get around to creating that bulletin page where all the progress could be posted and seen easily? I think that was a really good idea. A lot faster than digging through the thread. I mean all discussion could remain here, just content and progress could be posted to the other page for those wanting to quickly see where the game's progress is at. It would also help to have a clear reference for what exactly has been completed, even for those working on the project. If no one else is up for it, I'd gladly put something together. Just throwing it out there.

You can put something together if you want I guess.

Think this track sounds better, I like how the melody sticks out more.

MK1_Scorp_sidekicks.gif

Last edited:
Wow, everything is really coming together! Great work everyone!

Bleed, congratulations on pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone. Your progress really is tremendous.

So if I recall correctly, Scorpion's progress can now be plotted as follows:

Done = Orange
Not done = White

Select portrait

Ending

Bio

Fighting Stance
turn
Victory Pose
Walking
crouch
Diagonal Jump
Neutral Jump

HP 1
HP 2
LP 1
LP 2

Close HP

Uppercut

Jump punch

Standing HK

standing LK

Knee

Round house

Hop kick

Diagonal jump kick

Crouch kick

Sweep

Standing block

Crouch block

Throw

Get thrown

Get Hit high

Get Hit low

Get hit crouching

stumble

hit in the nuts

Get hit by Goro's command throw

Normal fall

Normal get up

Sweep fall

Sweep get up

Dizzy

Spear toss

Spear pull

spear and rope sprites

Toasty

Toasty victim

Toasty effects

Decap victim

Test Your Might

If I missed one, please let me know.

Last edited:
So the character is virtually ready... congratulations Bleed amd the rest of the team hahaha you've done a pretty quick and nice looking job...! What do you think would be a real challenge?

@Bleed, Scorpion is almost finished, congrats man! Kicks look perfect.
You really stepped up a gear with these three.

@]{0MBAT, Close HP was actually done months ago;

It's so exciting to see this character near completed.

@Justin Slaughter, nice touch-ups, I like it better this way.
Good job man, we want more :)

Last edited:
Glad ya like the updates, guys.

@Bleed, Scorpion animation looks great. Well done man.

Also, about Goro, it looks like the camera is a bit too high to my eyes.

the new version "the Cavern Theme" is really fantastic, mainly in sombre mood, congratulations Justin Slaughter !

the new version "the Cavern Theme" is really fantastic, mainly in sombre mood, congratulations Justin Slaughter !

Hey guys. I've tweaked the things mentioned about the Cavern Theme and updated the original post with the new link. I'll post it here also.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?76tyv5j39s67nre

Also, did anyone ever get around to creating that bulletin page where all the progress could be posted and seen easily? I think that was a really good idea. A lot faster than digging through the thread. I mean all discussion could remain here, just content and progress could be posted to the other page for those wanting to quickly see where the game's progress is at. It would also help to have a clear reference for what exactly has been completed, even for those working on the project. If no one else is up for it, I'd gladly put something together. Just throwing it out there.

Bleed, how do you get the proper timing for the animations and key frames, so they are not too fast or too slow?

^
In the words of NBA Jam announcer: HE'S ON FIRE!!! :D
Does this complete all kicks? Not sure if you done Crouch kick...

I still need to do the crouch kick.

As for the timing, first thing I do is block out the animation to match the sprites.

Next I smooth the animation curves, and alter the key frames if the transitions aren't looking smooth. I may remove an entire pose if it's causing too much trouble.

While adjusting the curves and pose, I make a lot of preview renders, and watch it loop with Quicktime. Just stare at it and try to feel the weight, maybe I'll move my self or my hand to get a clue for the timing or motion. I look for any slow or fast movements that feel out of place.

Keep doing this till the animation feels good and nothing really sticks out as awkward.

Oh, and I record my self doing the moves sometimes with a camera. If I can't figure it out free hand, I'll use video reference.

Last edited: