Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

scale.jpg

finally I got liu up to scale, I guess now I have to really start poly painting but I'm not sure if i will paint the skin or use a texture, cause I can't find good textures to use

Shang looks great. Do you plan to add his laugh win pose animation? And how many more animations there left to do with him? I mean, without morphs he was using like 30 sprites at all.

View attachment 4311

finally I got liu up to scale, I guess now I have to really start poly painting but I'm not sure if i will paint the skin or use a texture, cause I can't find good textures to use

VERY NICE work! Everything looks good to me now but his collar bones are too low and height of his chest muscles are too short. Also his forearms are slightly too big. I think his ribcage area can be slightly thinner (torso width) and then I'd say are done.

Shang looks great. Do you plan to add his laugh win pose animation? And how many more animations there left to do with him? I mean, without morphs he was using like 30 sprites at all.

It is not something I'm focused on right now. Too many other aspects of the game need to be created yet before I worry about extras.

scale.jpg

tranks calactyte for your comments, I fixed all the things you've said and It looks so much better, add a little more detail to the texture, hope you like it.

and about the shang tsung!! he is looking good, but there is something about his skirt.. I don't know, maybe it's moving too fast or it's a rendering problem.. and about his hair, it's uneven, the right side it's lower than the left side, maybe it was purposely, if it is like this forget about what I just Said

View attachment 4312

tranks calactyte for your comments, I fixed all the things you've said and It looks so much better, add a little more detail to the texture, hope you like it.

and about the shang tsung!! he is looking good, but there is something about his skirt.. I don't know, maybe it's moving too fast or it's a rendering problem.. and about his hair, it's uneven, the right side it's lower than the left side, maybe it was purposely, if it is like this forget about what I just Said

Nice work! Just about there. Can you thin his forearms down a bit more? Right now he has overly muscular forearms.

About Shang, you know that was bothering me too about the uneven hair. Shouldn't be too hard to fix I'll look at it. Good catch!

As for the skirt I added sub-rippling normal map but I think I'll get rid of it since it kind of looks weird when he pauses..almost like time freezes. I'll fix it. Thanks for your comments!

Nice work! Just about there. Can you thin his forearms down a bit more? Right now he has overly muscular forearms.

About Shang, you know that was bothering me too about the uneven hair. Shouldn't be too hard to fix I'll look at it. Good catch!

As for the skirt I added sub-rippling normal map but I think I'll get rid of it since it kind of looks weird when he pauses..almost like time freezes. I'll fix it. Thanks for your comments!

Also his head is slightly too big, and his neck is slightly too thick. I've used the Photoshop liquify here to show you how I think it should look to be in proportion. Very nice work sir! Love the texture and I'd say you are 95% there.

scale_B.jpg

Done! The face will need some work but I think Bleed can give better crits on that. Try and make texture size 2048x2048 or more. I am not good at making facial critiques but in my eyes the body done. Onve you get to a point where you are ready to hand him off let me know. PM your email address and Ill add you to our dropbox.

Thanks for your help! You will need to give me what name you would like credits to say when we complete the game.

Done! The face will need some work but I think Bleed can give better crits on that. Try and make texture size 2048x2048 or more. I am not good at making facial critiques but in my eyes the body done. Onve you get to a point where you are ready to hand him off let me know. PM your email address and Ill add you to our dropbox.

Thanks for your help! You will need to give me what name you would like credits to say when we complete the game.

Well, I'll try to fix his face, I know he doesn't look so much like liu kang, I'm not good at facial sculpting!! But I would like to take it to retopology and export it to 3dmax, cause I don't know anything about rigging or animation but maybe tomorrow I fix his face but I will like to know tow things:

1. I use a skin material that is not a default one and every I open zbrush liu kan has another material, the same colors but another skin matcap, why??

2. A while ago I tryed to start the retopology but since my liu kang model has many subtools I can't do it like the tutorial I have, is there any other way to do it? Cause in the tutorial I have they show me how to do it but model they used doesn't have subtools and if I merge all the subtools into one the model gets dawn heavy.

arq_hawkin: Your Liu Kang is really impressive man...! I love the shoes because they look more defined and still true to the original! also the pants are great, everything is super cool, I wouldn't care if he was left like that (but any improvement is also great of course) :D

This team is kickass...!!!

Calactyte: The winning pose is great, but you could move the shirt up a little so his arms doesn't look like something separated from the body. Something should be done about it. I recomend you to ALWAYS try to move every part of the model and not just the obvious parts, that's how it works in real life, if you lift your hands, you move a little your torso, neck and head, even if you don't want to. Slight movements in different parts of the body could make a huge difference in all your animations.

arq_hawkin: Your Liu Kang is really impressive man...! I love the shoes because they look more defined and still true to the original! also the pants are great, everything is super cool, I wouldn't care if he was left like that (but any improvement is also great of course) :D

This team is kickass...!!!

Calactyte: The winning pose is great, but you could move the shirt up a little so his arms doesn't look like something separated from the body. Something should be done about it. I recomend you to ALWAYS try to move every part of the model and not just the obvious parts, that's how it works in real life, if you lift your hands, you move a little your torso, neck and head, even if you don't want to. Slight movements in different parts of the body could make a huge difference in all your animations.

Which shirt? The brown undershirt or the robe? The robe I guess can move up a bit more.

About liu kang...

The area where the biceps/arms connect to the shoulders doesnt look right, anyone else see that? The biceps drop down too much, it should be more leveled with the shoulders.

Good work so far.

Sorry on the slow updates on my model, I'm busy coding some stuff right now.

arq_hawkin, for retopology you can optimize the mesh with Decimation master in Zbrush, in the Zplugin tab at the top. It'll lower the polygon count a lot, and keep the shape pretty close to the original.

Do this to all the parts, and you'll be able to combine them, without a heavy load.

You can retopologize the character in pieces also, doesn't have to be all the parts at once.

I think you can go with some flowing edge loops on the head, make sure to get some edge rings around the eyes, mouth, etc.

The body can be a lot simpler, basically tubes. The normal map will show most of the detail, you just need to have the main forms/silhowette in place.

If it's not wrapping close enough to the High poly model, you can make some cuts and shape it. Generally you'll be fine with a very simple mesh though.

I would go to different websites for 3D artists, and see what they have done for reference.

;------------------------------

On the Material in Zbrush, you need to paint the material on the model for it to stay put.

First, select the sub tool you want to have a certain material shader on.
Select the material you want
Make sure the "M" is on at the top, it means you can paint on the Material channel.
In the "Color" tab at the top, find where it says "Fill Object", and click it.
You can also paint the material on with the brush.

The material is now locked, unless you fill it again or paint over it with a different one.

If you select a different material like normal, you'll see it doesn't change.

If you created a new material, you need to save it.