Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Good stuff guys, I'll have something for tomorrow, been a little distracted the past few days.

Got a sudden urge to update an older model this week
Somebody's been playing Tekken Tag 2, eh? :) I hear it's quite amazing.
Stunning job on Feng Wei. Have you ever tried a Killer Instinct character?

Cage is looking just like him! Also I agree that the MK1 sprites probably where just lower quality which contributed to their look and also one should realize that what he was wearing in 2 covered up his legs more so you didn't see the shape of them as much as in 1. Especially the shin guards. They also might have had the camera closer to him when making two as well... I do know they had better cameras for 2.

hey, i´m new in this forum, i got registered just because of this threat, this mortal kombat hd remix is amazing, i can´t stop watching this..... so i would like to help too, i can help with the stages, i know how to use photoshop, i´m an architect, i´m from Dominican Republic and i really wanna help you guys, i also know how to use zbrush but i don´t feel like i can be used to model.....yet.:bird:

@arq_hawkin : I think the stages are all finished now. It seems they need more people to make characters than anything else.

Clapping Shang looks nice :)
Something I just noticed, and maybe it's just me, is that the actual seat seems to be lower than it should. And Shang looks a bit like he's sitting in the air. Am I making any sense?

Looking great, it would be good, however, if you post a pic of Tsung's face so we can see the changes in the model more clearly. :)

ttas and calactyte, thanks a lot, as I said before, I know how to sculpt but that's all I know, well I know about subtools y polygroups but I don´t know how to retopo or texture, if someone helps me with that I cand Sculpt a character but I thought all characters were finished cause I saw, GORO, SONYA, SUB-ZERO, SCORPION, RAIDEN, SOMEONE STARTED LIU KANG, I SAW CAGE, the only one I didn't see was kano and someone said he was sculpting kano.... I saw shang tsung too, who´s missing??

jajajajajajajja so funy la_luna, but I won´t desappear, I wanna play this game so bad, that´s why I want to help, I will start liu kang as soon as possible and hope you all like it.

believe it or not I think this sprites of scorpion I've seen looks so much better than MK9 I mean more realistic, I don´t know why they keep doing the same thing over the years, I´ve seen games that looks soo fu.....ng realistic like battlefield to mention one or crysis... and I think they can achieve more since this fighting games are not open world, just stages.

Last edited:
@arq_hawkin
I'll quote one of my earlier posts with references for Kang
maybe you'll find it helpful:

here's Liu Kang/Ho Sung Pak references;

http://minus.com/mbnY1RUuDz/

It's a 3MB .rar file containing

Face - from movies, facebook, making of MK2
Body - movies and mostly making of MK2
Pants - baggy training pants almost identical to the ones in the game
MK rips - rips from the game, frontal sprites and Test Your Might ones,
upscaled screen from original arcade resolution to 720 in height, that should be the scale

That's it, hope it helps.

Looking great, it would be good, however, if you post a pic of Tsung's face so we can see the changes in the model more clearly. :)

The only time you will be seeing Shang up-close will probably be my portrait. I think that calactyte's model and edited head/face will look good from the distance it will be shown, in my opinion.

Hardly any of the characters get finished actually, we've seen people try but they don't get far past the sculpting stage.

Maybe it'll help to have parts that we can use as a starting point. Like a generic body, hands, feet, basic head, teeth, costume parts... stuff like that, so we can focus more on other details.

Someone can just make the heads, and a body can be added later.

Trying to start every character from scratch is the most fun IMO, but it's too much work at the same time.

Hardly any of the characters get finished actually, we've seen people try but they don't get far past the sculpting stage.

Maybe it'll help to have parts that we can use as a starting point. Like a generic body, hands, feet, basic head, teeth, costume parts... stuff like that, so we can focus more on other details.

Someone can just make the heads, and a body can be added later.

Trying to start every character from scratch is the most fun IMO, but it's too much work at the same time.

That is a really great idea Bleed. If I thought I had more time I'd love to learn and help with this stuff. I've only dabbled with 3D sculpting on my tablets.