Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Yeah I'll definitely have to animate his face. I'll have another update on him later today.

I'll start in an hour or so, I'm playing Tekken Tag 2 for a bit, just go it >D

Yeah I'll definitely have to animate his face. I'll have another update on him later today.

I'll start in an hour or so, I'm playing Tekken Tag 2 for a bit, just go it >D

Whooooooooooooooot! Tekken Tag 2! Gonna pick up my pre-order copy at 2:00PM! Sweeeeeeet, only one hour more of work!

:D

Add my PS3 gamertag: MKvsDCU

The video of 3 heads is a FAKE.

wOW... You really dont know what your talking about! I have knocked off 3 heads with Johnny Cage in the Arcades of MK1 AND on the PC version of MK1! IT IS NOT AN EDITED VIDEO! It is very much possible. I have done it SEVERAL times! I think your just slow at imputing F + HP (repeatedly) fast enough to do it!

wOW... You really dont know what your talking about! I have knocked off 3 heads with Johnny Cage in the Arcades of MK1 AND on the PC version of MK1! IT IS NOT AN EDITED VIDEO! It is very much possible. I have done it SEVERAL times! I think your just slow at imputing F + HP (repeatedly) fast enough to do it!
Can you please explain then how come "Cage Wins" text appears much later on the "Triple head fatality" then on any other Cage fatality in the same video. It's very noticeable if you pay attention, it takes literally double the time then in any other case of his fatality, ever.

Now, I'm not saying you're lying, but the 3 head fatality video posted in this thread really seems strange (given the text appearing late) I'd sure like to see some stronger evidence of 3 head fatality in regular versions of MK, not hacked ones, or using cheat.dat or editing the code because you can pop 20 heads with Kano in some of those:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm4_k_tB4wk

For example, more videos of the same thing but there are none, at least I wasn't able to find them. It also doesn't help that sites like MKSecrets, and guys like ded_ are not acknowledging 3 head fatality on regular versions of arcade Mortal Kombat.

This is very strange for me, 'cause I could've sworn I too saw a 3 head fatality on arcade MK but now looking for it I can't find ANY proof, other then one very questionable video, or people saying "I saw it back in the day" or "I did it once or twice".

Last edited:
The win text might be linked to the fatality animations. That's usually how I code them, to make sure the text doesn't show up at the wrong time. If that's the case, it should wait till a certain frame before moving to the next part.

A second trigger might be a timer, in case the animation froze or there was some other problem.

This is how rumors grow, and this 3 head stuff is not the exception. It is obviously born out of the MK2 "3 Head Fatality"; since you can pull 2 in MK1, people (like several forum members in here) claim "it's totally possible" when it's clearly not the case.

The reason you cannot even do head + fireball + shadow kick is simple: there is like one milisec of time just before the head decap, you can do almost "whatever" and that's why it is so hard to do 2 heads, because of the incredibly restricted time and because that particular command implies f,f,f+HP (4 inputs). That's everything behind that fatality, the rest is MK mythology created by fans, just like Ermac in MK1 or Sonya and Kano being playable in MK2 for example.

People will always try to make those rumors look reasonable, like "Ermac is red because the original outfit was red, and his name says Scorpion but error makro was read on the screen, and the screen was frozen and the opponent went flying and that's where the kinetic moves came from in UMK3" people would swear they saw him one dark night when a friend started pushing buttons and everything would sound as reasonable and plausible as "in the PC version I once saw a friend who did this and that" none of them will ever be able to provide any evidence, because truth is passion for MK is bigger than reason some times.

I'm not saying 3 heads would destroy MK1HD, it's up to you guys, personally I don't really care about this particular detail, I'm just sharing what I know, and I'm ready to admit my mistake if that were the case but that video is FAKED and no baseless claim will change that fact.

As for TTT2: This project might suffer a serious delay LOL I love that freaking game, I even brought a PS3 and a HD TV for the ocation, still wating for it tho... also Dr. B's return is crazy...!!!

Back on topic, Loving the progress on this project as usual, cannot wait to see whatever you guys want to share with us, it is always fantastic, honestly. I'm a fan of this project as much as I am of Tekken.

I know it's off topic a bit but this Cage thing is really interesting. I remember a video, not sure if its BioKards or making of MK3 or something related to MK9, where one of the creators (maybe it was Vogel or Beran) says how they implemented fan rumors into the future games. He gave an exapmle of Animalities, fans were spreading rumors that every character in MK2 can turn into an animal, when in fact only Liu Kang can, so they put Animality for every character in MK3 embracing the rumors. I think it's the same situation here, they took a rumor of 3 head Cage fatality from the first game (when in fact he can glich only 2) and put it in MK2. Keyword: Rumor. I'm now 99% sure 3 heads are not possible, and I'd love to be proven wrong.

BTW looking forward to next Cage update. Can't wait to see some hair on him, I think he'll be a spitting image of Daniel Pesina.

Last edited:
It's just funny that you're talking about intentionally coding glitches into a game. Usually programmers try to remove glitches from the code. lol I realize your reason for doing it but it's just funny anyway.

I never actually input then whole fatality again when I was a kid in the arcade for multi head... Just beat the crap out of the joystick with forward + HP

Whooooooooooooooot! Tekken Tag 2! Gonna pick up my pre-order copy at 2:00PM! Sweeeeeeet, only one hour more of work!

Add my PS3 gamertag: MKvsDCU

Yeah I'll play you online, hopefully the connection isn't total shit...

I matched the body shape to the MK2 sprites, and started adding base geometry for the costume.

Cage06.jpg

Very good work Bleed. Cage looks very good. Not sure about the fingers. The length is correct, but maybe you should make them fatter, to match the rest of the body, maybe?

Haha amazing work on Cage, I'm just laughing like a crazy person how much you nailed the liknes, face and body wise. If you don't end up working in the gaming industry, that will be injustice of universal proportions.

Agree on that. Beautiful work Bleed. Everything looks good to me. Hard to tell but does he have nipples? Looks like they are missing in your sculpt.

Haha amazing work on Cage, I'm just laughing like a crazy person how much you nailed the liknes, face and body wise. If you don't end up working in the gaming industry, that will be injustice of universal proportions.

I matched the body shape to the MK2 sprites, and started adding base geometry for the costume.

Cage06.jpg

Looks fantastic! You said you modeled the body on the MK2 Cage, and I think it's better that way. Dan obviously gained a bit more muscle over those years and it looks better. Hey at least he isn't a gargantuan muscle beast like pretty much all of the characters in MK9.

He is sort of the same in MK1, problem is you can't tell easily by looking at the sprites because those are too low quality.

I must say it is not only looks good but it is smart to use his MK2 shape, since i still hope MK2 HD remake will make it one day.

I used the MK2 sprites, because I could get a better reference for the front and side, using his win pose and decapitation sprites. Most of the reference I have that is useful, is from MK2 actually.